Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warplanes Economy Detailed

Wargaming.net announces details on how the economy will work in World of Warplanes, their upcoming flight combat MMOG. Word is the game will use the same system as World of Tanks:

The new game recently announced at E3, will have the same economic profile as the highly-acclaimed World of Tanks, with Gold, Credits, and Experience as main currency to gain and spend for continued advancements.

World of Warplanes will feature a global interaction with World of Tanks, which will begin with sharing Gold and Free Experience between the two games for players, who have registered accounts in both of them on a single email. This feature will allow Wargaming.net community to plan their expenses and leave exactly the amount of Gold and Free Experience they want on either of the games.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 16, 2011, 18:02 Icewind

They threatened to sue the World of Starcraft guy and that was just a no profit MOD.

I predict one more week until Blizzard sues this company for having a name close to their game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 16, 2011, 10:24 Mead

Lokust wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 23:55:
bhcompy wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 14:47:
World of Mechwarrior

I squeed, and then I died a little inside because I know it will never happen.
I would rather see the MechWarrior line collapse into dust and its legacy ended forever than have it be called "World of Mechwarrior"

It's as bad and overused a prefix as "My".

6. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 16, 2011, 02:55 Nick Wilson

So basically expect $50 premium planes which will be all but required to fund your high tier planes.  

5. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 23:55 Lokust

bhcompy wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 14:47:
World of Mechwarrior

I squeed, and then I died a little inside because I know it will never happen.

4. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 17:03 WyldKat

CommunistHamster wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 16:00:
If only lucasarts would pull their fingers out of the jedi's collective arseholes and pay some attention to the starfighter pilots.

Yep. They sure as hell aren't doing it with TOR.

3. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 16:00 CommunistHamster

World of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
I think I might jump for joy if that happened. Seriously, all it needs are some skyboxes, a simple semi-newtonian flight model, license some of the fan-made 3D models and animate them, add some SFX (particularly destruction), generally copy XWVTF in every respect and bingo, instant success.

I bet it could be made by a 6 man team for less than 1M. If only lucasarts would pull their fingers out of the jedi's collective arseholes and pay some attention to the starfighter pilots.

2. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 14:47 bhcompy

About time. Been a while since a good multiplayer dedicated simplified flight sim has hit. Here's to hoping we also get World of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and World of Mechwarrior  

1. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 12:20 Gymper

Trademark scandle on "World of ..." coming soon!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo