Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro: Last Light Trailer

This trailer offers the first part of the E3 presentation for Metro: Last Light, the upcoming first-person shooter that's a sequel to Metro 2033. The clip uses pre-alpha gameplay footage to show some exploration in a dark environment followed by a couple of firefights, one of which is a bit one-sided following the discovery of a mini-gun.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 16, 2011, 21:47 Jerykk

Kinda dumb. The character took SO much damage, tired of all these Rambo games.

You do realize that these demos are typically played with God mode enabled and/or on the lowest difficulty setting, right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 22:30 Surf

Kinda dumb. The character took SO much damage, tired of all these Rambo games.

Plus the minigun, like they would just leave it there on a table. Just like every other FPS.

I took really liked the first one, and being very vulnerable was a treat.

16. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 19:36 Pankin

2033 wasn't bad at all but it's a rail shooter and in some scenes, literally a rail shooter.  

15. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 18:47 Drayth

Yeah, a lot of the best weapons are one of a kind items. Some are sold at vendors too, so make sure to shop anytime you get an opportunity (obviously, don't expect much at the first vendors you hit).

Oh and play on Ranger-Hardest difficulty. I did from the start and it's deffinitely the way to go. It adds to the game because you're seriously sweating every bullet you use, and trying to use melee or throwing knife kills when you can (to save bullets).

14. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 18:06 Beamer

as you had to figure the different puzzles out yourself, which is one of the many things that made that game so great.

I recall it being fairly linear. The lack of hand holding, like he mentioned, seemed to manifest largely in you not seeing items or not knowing what it was.

Seriously, it would drive me nuts to see a different pistol on the floor and have absolutely no hint as to whether it was an upgrade or not.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 17:54 MajorD

Good feedback (mostly positive) from everyone; thank you.

I look forward to receiving it in the mail (hopefully by tomorrow), loading it up, and jumping into this weekend.

Drayth mentioned not too much 'hand holding' in the game, which is great, as most games now spoon-feed you 'way' too much.

I recently played some Half-Life 2 and it was refreshing, as there was no spoon-feeding whatsoever, as you had to figure the different puzzles out yourself, which is one of the many things that made that game so great.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2011, 18:19.

12. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 14:41 Drayth

Seriously enjoyed 2033. I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy stereo 3D gaming when it works well. This game looks incredible in 3D, and some of the graphic effects are jaw dropping.

I enjoyed the slower paced gameplay (I didn't really think it was all that slow anyways). Very atmospheric.

Unlike modern games, there's no real handholding. Infact you can -easily- walk past some of the best weapons in the game and have no idea they exist.

11. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 14:08 Overon

I really liked it original 2033.  

10. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 13:41 Beamer

I disliked Metro 2033. It's one of the games I just lost interest in. It was pretty, but had no depth to me. To make matters worse it was slow, as others have mentioned. I'm ok with slow when it makes up the slowness with combat depth, but the only real depth here was "stick to the shadows," which isn't particularly new, unique, or at this point deep.

I think I went halfway through and just wasn't digging it. If I recall I also disliked that there was no way to tell if a weapon you found was better than a weapon you held.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 13:26 Fion

If you enjoy shooters and don't mind a slower paced game you'll enjoy it. Watching this video the gunplay is certainly more refined, tighter if you will. However at the same time it looks less lethal. In Metro 2033, at least on harder difficulties, if you got into a gun fight with multiple enemies you could drop remarkably fast from just a few bullets. I mean unless the guy didn't get hit a single time, but it certainly looked like he took quite a few bullets.

To me, Metro 2033 was a true sleeper hit, once I picked it up (Steam sale) I didn't put it down until it was done. It was just such a fantastic game if you could overlook it's flaws (mostly the weird stealth system on my end lol.)

8. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 12:37 Pineapple Ferguson

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 12:30:
I really enjoyed 2033, thought it was a GREAT game. The atmosphere was REALLY good, dark, & scary as hell. That game scared the crap out of me at times playing in the dark. Yea it's worth your time. I'll be getting this one too.

What he said. Only thing I'd add is if you want to enjoy it in its full glory, you need a pretty strong gaming rig.

7. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 12:30 Techie714 ©

I really enjoyed 2033, thought it was a GREAT game. The atmosphere was REALLY good, dark, & scary as hell. That game scared the crap out of me at times playing in the dark. Yea it's worth your time. I'll be getting this one too.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 12:25 mag

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 11:34:
Has anyone here played Metro 2033? I totally missed this one when it was advertised/released, or just didnít pay any attention to it. Is it any good? I heard it was pretty decent, so I picked up a retail copy at NewEgg for $9.99, which should deliver tomorrow (Friday, July 15th). At $9.99 I figured I would give it a whirl.....

Most people seem to like it. I've had it in my steam list forever, and between what I've heard about the difficulty (ammo hard to come by), and how it looks/reminds me of Stalker (which I didn't like, sorry - I'm in the minority there, too), I've yet to pull the trigger.

I think you could do a lot worse, I'll say that.

Maybe next xmas steam sale...

Aside from the fact that it's made by some of the same people, and takes place in a post-apocalyptic former-Soviet-state-area, Metro 2033 is nothing at all like Stalker. Stalker was more sandboxy, whereas Metro 2033 is very much a linear, cinematic, story-driven shooter.

It is a little difficult at the beginning (ammo-wise), but once you get a good gun or two the game's pretty easy. (This might be due to the choice of weapons I played through the game with--one of them was apparently an after-launch DLC weapon that might be a little overpowered). You can't really play on the hardest difficulty level and just charge through the game, though. Gotta hang back and be sneaky, I think.

I had trouble liking the game at first, but once I got into playing it I got hooked.

5. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:58 Frijoles

I loved Metro 2033. I thought the atmosphere was great, and the story was interesting. I'll probably preorder Last Light since I enjoyed the first one so much.  

4. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:34 nin

Has anyone here played Metro 2033? I totally missed this one when it was advertised/released, or just didnít pay any attention to it. Is it any good? I heard it was pretty decent, so I picked up a retail copy at NewEgg for $9.99, which should deliver tomorrow (Friday, July 15th). At $9.99 I figured I would give it a whirl.....

Most people seem to like it. I've had it in my steam list forever, and between what I've heard about the difficulty (ammo hard to come by), and how it looks/reminds me of Stalker (which I didn't like, sorry - I'm in the minority there, too), I've yet to pull the trigger.

I think you could do a lot worse, I'll say that.

Maybe next xmas steam sale...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:26 Wallshadows

The combat looks less clunky than the first title. Either way, I am looking forward to this title. The first title went neglected on my computer for so long until I decided to play it and once I gave it an honest shot, I was not disappointed in the least.  

2. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:19 MajorD

Good thing I recently built a new system, as from what I understand it heavily taxes your system with all setting at full-tilt-boogie.

1. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:16 jimnms

Nobody notices the lights going out? Not sure I like the scripted enemies walking in when you pick up the Gatling gun.  

Steam Profile

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo