Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Hard Reset Announced

Polish developer Flying Wild Hog reveals their semi-recently teased shooter as a cyberpunk-themed first-person shooter called Hard Reset due for release this September, reports PC Gamer. The game now has a Facebook Page, a Twitter Feed, and preliminary website, which offers this teaser trailer. Here's the announcement:

Warsaw, Poland – July 13. Flying Wild Hog announced its debut game, the dark sci-fi first-person shooter, Hard Reset. The PC-exclusive title transports players to a haunting, dystopian future, with humanity on the verge of extinction, confined to its last standing city and under constant threat from the robotic hordes that aim to annihilate mankind. Hard Reset is scheduled for release in September 2011.

In the only remaining human city of Bezoar, Major Fletcher, an Army Combat Veteran and soldier of the CLN, is dragged into a conflict between two of mankind’s greatest enemies. He is to discover that nothing is what it seems to be.

Hard Reset may be Flying Wild Hog’s debut title, but the 35-person studio is comprised of veterans of Warsaw’s bustling development scene, with past experience at such renowned developers as People Can Fly, CD Projekt RED and City Interactive, where they worked on acclaimed games like Bulletstorm, Painkiller, The Witcher 2, Sniper and more. Hard Reset is built upon the studio’s own Road Hog technology, which delivers stunning visuals that bring the game’s incredible atmosphere to life.

Given the game’s rapidly approaching release date, expect much more information and footage of Hard Reset in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, visit http://hardresetgame.com and follow the game’s progress on Twitter and Facebook.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 13:01 Ratty

Flying Wild Hog is many of the same people who did Painkiller - so yeah, I'm ultra exuberant about this.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 10:21 nin

"You guys hate everything!"

"You guys like everything!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 10:20 kanniballl

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 10:14:

Alot of PC gamers cream themselves over the words PC exclusive, and European developers. You can sell a blank disc from Europe that has PC exclusive written with a sharpie on it and people here would be all over it like stink on shit.

I admit, that does get me interested and/or excited... but I've only bought a handful of games that match that criteria.

For me it's kind of like hearing about an upcoming SciFi film that ISN'T part of a big sequel / property. I get excited since it's a rarity but most of the time it winds up being a mindless explosion extravaganza and I just wait for it on HBO or DVD.

But for those few weeks / months when all we have to go on is a tagline and a teaser it's on my mind.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

15. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 10:14 Rattlehead

I can understand some guarded optimism. But some of you are displaying a comnpletely irrational exuberance that's not justified by what you know about the game, which is next to nothing.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Alot of PC gamers cream themselves over the words PC exclusive, and European developers. You can sell a blank disc from Europe that has PC exclusive written with a sharpie on it and people here would be all over it like stink on shit.

14. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 10:04 Overon

I can understand some guarded optimism. But some of you are displaying a comnpletely irrational exuberance that's not justified by what you know about the game, which is next to nothing.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

13. Happy for Poland, make many games! Jul 14, 2011, 09:54 Optional nickname

I would love for these Polish Devs, to develop a game, based on their history on repeated victorious Polish uprisings.

Niech Bóg blogoslawi Polska zawsze

12. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 09:12 wtf_man

Icewind wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 23:43:
European dev means I buy it automatically. All of my favorite games (Drakensang, Divinity, Witcher, Stalker, Metro 2033, Gothic) were all made by European devs.

I'll be there come September.

Unfortunately, Euro devs can't make a control system worth a shit. Just about European game, I've played (including some on your list), the controls are FUCKED. I don't know if it's their keyboard layout or what... but they usually don't work well on US systems.

That said, since this seems to be a simple shooter, though... it would be hard to fuck the controls up on that. So, I have to admit I'm fairly interested in the "Blade Runner" environment.

11. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 05:36 Dmitri_M

New sci-fi game on PC? Yes Please.

PC exclusive + Euro dev usually means budget title. But then what has high budget done for most games today? Given us great looking yellow everything that's essentially boring to play.

10. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 04:38 Cutter

Well the environmental art is sweet at least. Let's just take a wait and see approach here untill we see some actual gameplay and get more info.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 01:23 Tanto Edge

I'm officially stoked.
I'm very stoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

8. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 00:45 Wowbagger_TIP

On a side note, since when is Sniper critically acclaimed?
It just says, "acclaimed". Maybe someone's mom said the game looked nice or something.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 00:33 Elf Shot The Food

Being a part of City Interactive is nothing to be brag about.

If the game is a let-down at least no one can complain about it being a console port, right?

6. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 00:23 Jerykk

Too early to tell whether this will be good or not. Just because a game is a PC-exclusive doesn't automatically mean it will be awesome. It just has greater potential to be awesome.

On a side note, since when is Sniper critically acclaimed?

5. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 00:05 Rattlehead

Looks like a "meh" Deus Ex wannabe. I'll stick to Human Revolution.

4. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 13, 2011, 23:43 Icewind

European dev means I buy it automatically. All of my favorite games (Drakensang, Divinity, Witcher, Stalker, Metro 2033, Gothic) were all made by European devs.

I'll be there come September.

3. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 13, 2011, 23:29 kanniballl

Bumpy wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 22:33:
So I watched the trailer and found very uninformative????

Glad to hear its a Polish dev, that alone will keep me interested more than the trailer.

If the game even sounds or hints that it might be something I like (genre, setting, etc) I get *very* interested if I hear it's from Europe. It's something different in points of view / look and isn't coming from some publisher / developer that has grown tired and bloated.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 13, 2011, 22:33 Bumpy

So I watched the trailer and found very uninformative????

Glad to hear its a Polish dev, that alone will keep me interested more than the trailer.

1. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 13, 2011, 22:23 nin

I really like games that are announced and will ship 3 months later. Cuts down on the waiting.

Looks interesting, but let's see some gameplay.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo