Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World

As noted on the Zeboyd Games Website, Cthulhu Saves the World is now available along with a free copy of Breath of Death VII: The Beginning on GamersGate and Steam (thanks nin). As promised the game is all of $3.00 USD, though Steam currently has it for 10% off. Here's word:

The lord of insanity, Cthulhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were sealed by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it in an epic parody RPG journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 15:59 saluk

They are basically old school nes rpgs with some modern twists. I've only played breath of death so far, but I like that you can see how many random encounters are left in an area. Nice addition to the old formula.

If that in any way is up your alley, certainly they are worth a few bucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 08:57 nin

Veinman wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 08:01:
I want to buy them just on principle... but I really have a hard time believing I'd ever play them.

They're under $3, surely you can play them that long.

They're fun, and have a great sense of humor.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 08:52 Verno

I played some Cthulhu Saves the World this morning before work, it's got that old school SNES jRPG vibe going on. Very cool stuff.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 08:01 Veinman

I want to buy them just on principle... but I really have a hard time believing I'd ever play them.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 00:31 Wowbagger_TIP

vaguely recall hearing the names of these games, but know nothing about them...  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 13, 2011, 22:21 nin

Go go go! It's $3 for 2 games, cough it up!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo