Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

Thanks Ant.

View
1. Angry Birds is not a big deal Jul 14, 2011, 10:07 kanniballl

In high school and college, the professors would sometimes inject something interesting into their problemsfor Calculus, Physics, and Statistics. Constantly talking about hypothetical objects and abstract concepts will bore people fairly quickly... especially if their major isn't that centered around the knowledge of the class.

So "a nameless object is propelled upwards at a velocity towards a point on a plane" will become "a human slingshot launches a freshman..." or "a sphere with a radius shrinking at X% per second" becomes "A snowball in hell starts melting at ..."

Even the "less dry" professors wouldn't do that for everything, but maybe towards the end of class or during the hot months to keep us awake. So I don't see the harm in using Angry birds since so many people play it.

As for that ballistics physics, I feel bad. For the first half of the class I was just winging it and phoning it in. I didn't care about it and wasn't very good at it. However eventually I just "got it" and thought it was cool.

The other Physics classes (circuits and such) I hated and that never changed. But the ballistics stuff was fun. I wish I would've put more effort into the first half of that class.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2011, 10:13.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jul 14, 10:07 Angry Birds is not a big deal kanniballl

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo