Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cities XL 2012 Announced

Focus Home Interactive announces Cities XL 2012, saying the next installment in this urban-planning series will be released exclusively for Windows PCs in October of this year as a standalone game as well as an upgrade for Cities XL 2011 owners. Here are the first screenshots from the project, and the Cities XL Website reflects the news. Here's a snippet:

Cities XL 2012 allows players to become real urban planners, balancing economic & energy developments of their cities while managing transportation, housing, social services and recreational activities. Content is key to the new game, as Cities XL 2012 offers a staggering number of unique structures with over 1,000 in total.

The 60 huge 3D maps are entirely constructible and sport incredible detail. Cities XL 2012 offers more variety than any other city building-game. At the request of its fast-growing community, Cities XL 2012 is now open to modding and even features a special guide within the game to get players started. With these new tools, dedicated players can build and share their creations to their heartsí content!

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 22:30 Juzzam

Played CitiesXL in its MMO state and got like 19 million pop on Prospero. It was a pain to get to with the lag, memory leaks, and constant trading that expire you had to deal with to support a huge city. Then uneventfully I got to a point where my game crashed every time the game saved, begged for help at support but they were no help at all.

Just play SimCity4 like the previous poster said. I did.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 17:45 Rattlehead

Just play Sim City 4. It still has a gigantic mod community and there is alot of challenge to that game. I played it again for a few months when the released the deluxe pack on Steam. I have a mod folder 16gb big for it lol.

11. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 14:00 JaguarUSF

Quboid wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:00:
I think City Life became Cities XL when they wanted it make it sound cool.
And in the process they removed the interesting/challenging social dynamics and replaced them with unnecessary MMO features that were locked unless you paid a monthly fee.

10. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:57 Omni

Frijoles wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:24:
Wasn't this the failed MMO originally?

More or less yes.

I wouldn't bother with this new title either.

9. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:25 Mikus_Aurelius

It looks like they're keeping their art team employed making new styles of buildings. Diversity of models is cool, but I play city sims primarily to puzzle with service and transportation challenges.

The original release completely failed to deliver on that level. I'm more interested in how those systems are being enhanced than seeing new sets of skins for exotic locales.

8. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:24 Frijoles

Wasn't this the failed MMO originally?  

7. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:10 Bumpy

Never looked at the first one cause you had to register to play the stupid demo. Tropico or Anno series is plenty good.  

6. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:00 Quboid

It's actually not real, so that's not a problem.

I think City Life became Cities XL when they wanted it make it sound cool.

- Quboid

5. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 11:34 Optional nickname

pass, I cannot stand living near a city.  

4. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 11:30 JaguarUSF

Here is a review of the original Cities XL that compares it to City Life.  

3. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 11:12 Elf Shot The Food

I like that oasis shot.

I haven't played a city-builder in a while. I think the last one I spent time with was City Life 2008. How are the Cities XL games compared to that one?

2. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 11:00 Illumin

2011 was neat but 0 /support, no real patches (laggy as hell when you have a mid sized city) buyer beware.

1. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 10:22 nin

I've looked at this a few times, but never tried it due to them wanting to sell a new version every year.

Oh, and that 5 machine install bullshit.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo