Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black Prophecy NA Launches

Black Prophecy is now live in North America, announces gamigo, saying the space-based free-to-play MMOG has completed a successful open beta test. Here's a bit on the game:

Players can choose to join one of the two factions: the genetically-perfected Genides or the cybernetically-optimized Tyi. Whichever side they choose, there's lots to be done in the vast endlessness of space. Besides the story missions that unveil the plot, players can also complete hundreds of action-packed PvE and PvP missions or group up to form clans. Together they can collect resources and build their own clan station, which can then be expanded upon with a variety of different modules. Ships can also be customized to suit each player's preferences using some of the countless building parts available.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 14, 2011, 10:40 Ant

Wow, finally out from its beta! However, I never got to try it. I can't find its download link on its web site even after logging in. Where is it?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 19:16 Nucas

The Advocate wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:16:
I had the beta, launched it this morning to hopefully update it to the NA release, and it connected but it still appears to connect to the beta site.

Nucas, did you get the download as part of registering for it or from a direct link?

you get the download link in from the confirmation email from registration. the download came in several 1.5 gig chunks.

5. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 18:21 Ranger55

Byte wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:21:
It is an okay game, reakktor (the developers) are known for Neocron and they probably should stick to that franchise.

Yeah, gimme my Neocron 3, damnit!!!

4. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 15:09 Longswd

It's a decent shooter and that's pretty much all it is. Flight model is very arcade-like. Those looking for an actual sim will not find it.

Crafting is simplistic in the extreme, to the point I wouldn't even call it that.

Exploration is non-existent from what I saw of the beta.

PvP is apparently non-consensual once you leave the prologue (level 6 or so I think it was). Trying to complete PvE missions in open world zones was a trial with higher level roving gangs of gankers making things unenjoyable.

I'm not really into forced PvP so this was a game killer for me personally. I can see why they do it because without it the game has no longevity otherwise, but I think even people who do like PvP will find the unrestricted gankage will get old, fast.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

3. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 12:21 Byte

It is an okay game, reakktor (the developers) are known for Neocron and they probably should stick to that franchise.

The beta was a nice change of pace with ship combat, but it got repetitive quickly.

It is intended to be a p2p/microtransaction game and it shows. There are numerous places that you have to wait 20+ minutes for upgrading some guns/ship parts, but if you buy the items from the store, then its faster.

They may have modified it some, since everybody complained about it, but it got old for me too quick

2. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 12:16 Burrito of Peace

I had the beta, launched it this morning to hopefully update it to the NA release, and it connected but it still appears to connect to the beta site.

Nucas, did you get the download as part of registering for it or from a direct link?

1. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 11:32 Nucas

i actually felt like giving this game a try, i'm surprised by how fucking huge it is, 7.5 gigs in download files.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo