Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L4D2 DLC This Month

The Left 4 Dead Blog has a recent post about the release of the upcoming DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, saying that since well over 20,000 players earned the Stream Crosser achievement in the specified time-frame, they will be releasing the Dead Air DLC early, though exactly when is still up in the dead air: "We are going to try and release it as early as possible but will release it on July 22nd the latest. It isnít currently ready for release as we have been working on The Terminal and Finale maps and need to test them more internally." Thanks VG247.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 14:36 Verno

*shrug* Doesn't seem to be true to me.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 14:13 Dev

Verno wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 12:23:
Everyone knows what Valve time is Dev. I was just poking fun at the fact that you've become very predictable in your Valve criticism

Probably because they've become predictable in the things I criticize them for. They've done so much good for not only their customers but the PC community as a whole. But they've started to stray from having outstanding customer service and focusing on the PC market.

13. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 12:23 Verno

Everyone knows what Valve time is Dev. I was just poking fun at the fact that you've become very predictable in your Valve criticism  

12. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 12:21 Dev

Verno wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 09:56:
Dev wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 22:13:
July 22nd latest in valve time means next year.

Dev posting in a Valve thread.
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

I think steam sucked another hundred or two out of me this summer sale. I did get almost 60 tickets in the drawing though.

11. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 11:46 Overon

I played the storm train part on easy difficulty and the infected DID stop coming. Also the water current makes you go over the edge, and it is IMPOSSIBLE currently to resuce the person who is hanging on before they fall. When you approach it and try to save them you fall over as well because of the current.  

10. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 10:19 necrosis

Another port over and they have yet to fix some major bugs in NM.  

9. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 09:56 Verno

Dev wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 22:13:

Dev posting in a Valve thread.

8. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 08:45 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 00:07:
I hope it's better than the Cold Stream garbage which still appears as beta.

I played it when it was first released a few times, but never survived the finale. I played it again a few days ago to get the summer achievement and the finale was different.

I like the campaign, but it does need more tweaking. It's different, and most people I've played it with tried to play it like a regular level, which it's not. You can't stop because the infected don't stop coming.

When I got the achievement, it was the first time I survived. In the earlier beta you had to run through a dense forest to get to the rescue helicopter. Every time I got to it, no one stuck together, so it was every man for himself. It's different now. It's almost too easy compared to the rest of the campaign. I actually think I liked the old one better.

There is one part that really needs to be tweaked. The part where you run into the storm drain and have to go down the stairs. That part is different than I remembered too. I don't remember it being so dark. The first run through trying to get the achievement, everyone missed the turn and fell off the ledge at the end. When we made a go the 2nd time around, there were just too many infected coming up the stairs as we tried to go down, and it was too damn dark. Only two of us made it to the safe room, me with one health and one other person. Did I mention we were playing on easy difficulty?

Steam Profile

7. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 01:12 Dev

My bad, I missed the "early" bit. Still I'll believe it when I see it. I've had plenty of experience with valve time  

6. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 01:04 Undead Scottsman

They said if 20,000 people got the achievement, then they would release the campaign on July 22nd.

They are now saying that they'll release it no later than July 22nd, and most likely earlier than that. So the situation has actually improved, not gotten worse.

5. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 00:38 Krovven

I know that Dev. I was referring to them saying if 20,000 people finish the Cold Stream campaign early, they will release the DLC early. Yet, they werent in a position to actually release it early.

4. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 00:07 Wallshadows

I hope it's better than the Cold Stream garbage which still appears as beta.  

3. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 11, 2011, 23:13 Dev

Krovven wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 22:42:
I dont understand why they bothered to have that achievement/early unlock when they aren't even prepared to do it.

Is it just me, or does the rushing water look really weird in Cold Stream?
The achivement was for playing the beta basically. Cold stream has been in valve beta and playable from the L4D2 menu at least since March of this year. For the sale, they just threw in an achievement to play beta.

2. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 11, 2011, 22:42 Krovven

I dont understand why they bothered to have that achievement/early unlock when they aren't even prepared to do it.

Is it just me, or does the rushing water look really weird in Cold Stream?

1. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 11, 2011, 22:13 Dev

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo