Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions

For a while, the Battlefield 3 Website offered a list of digital distributors carrying Battlefield 3, though this has since been removed, reports Joystiq. While DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel was listed as coming to Direct2Drive, GamersGate, and of course, EA's new Origin service, notably absent was Steam, leading to further speculation of problems working out the relationship between the competing services, as Crysis 2 was recently removed from Steam, apparently as part of an issue with Steam's terms of service.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 18:17 justice7

hey EA, smarten your ass up and put this game on Steam!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 05:51 Nighthawk

Link is 404 now  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 03:09 OldScho0l

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 03:03:
http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html

He made all the overhauls for all the STALKERS. I find the games extremely hard to play without those mods. They are that good.

Thread is waaaaay off topic btw.

Thank you! It looks awesome! I like the Stalker games a lot.

7. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 03:03 Rattlehead

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html

He made all the overhauls for all the STALKERS. I find the games extremely hard to play without those mods. They are that good.

Thread is waaaaay off topic btw.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 02:50 OldScho0l

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 00:36:
Sorry, but mod support doesn't make or break a game anymore. In fact most games that have full on mod support hardly have a thriving community of players.

I find this holds true to multiplayer games, but for single player, games like Deus Ex still get new mods in. Just take a look at the nexus sites for FO3, FNV, Dragon Age and Oblivion. Stalker Call of Pripyat got the "complete" overhaul that the others two had recently.

But no you are right, no mod support for this game won't make a lick a difference.
Could you please link the Stalker mod?

5. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 00:36 Rattlehead

Sorry, but mod support doesn't make or break a game anymore. In fact most games that have full on mod support hardly have a thriving community of players.

I find this holds true to multiplayer games, but for single player, games like Deus Ex still get new mods in. Just take a look at the nexus sites for FO3, FNV, Dragon Age and Oblivion. Stalker Call of Pripyat got the "complete" overhaul that the others two had recently.

But no you are right, no mod support for this game won't make a lick a difference.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 00:14 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 00:01:
Since their ignorance to us map makers I haven't bothered with this at all, I rather look for something that has more of a community backing than this...

You have a huge selection of game engines to mod for, knock yourself out.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 12, 2011, 00:01 Jackplug

Since their ignorance to us map makers I haven't bothered with this at all, I rather look for something that has more of a community backing than this...  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 11, 2011, 22:15 Dev

Not much of a story, just says they contacted EA and are waiting for a reply.

As for sales, thats set by publisher. If they don't want to do $5 steam sales, they don't have to.

1. Re: Battlefield 3 and Steam Questions Jul 11, 2011, 21:55 DangerDog

No $5 Summer/Winter Steam sale Battlefield 3 for you!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo