Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans

The DC Universe Online Website announces the first DLC for DC Universe Online, saying the "Fight for Light" pack will be released for the Windows and PlayStation 3 editions of the MMORPG this summer. The new DLC will introduce Hal Jordon, aka the Green Lantern, who will attempt to use his superpowers to remove some green from players' wallets, as the pack will cost $9.99 USD. In addition to the Green Lantern and the light power set, Fight for the Light will also introduce characters, locations, and scenarios from the Green Lantern series.

View
8. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 08:42 kanniballl

I *might* try it again for a month since Green Lantern has always been my favorite DC super hero... followed by Flash, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), and *maybe* Superman.

But really... $10? The game is limping along to put it mildly. The population is in the toilet, the updates are slow, the whole SOE cluster-frack, the very little content already there, the REALLY small set of powers available. If anything they should release it for free.

Honestly, the power-set list annoys me the most. They hardly included any power sets, and ignored some of the staples of the comic book industry. Things like Super Strength / Might or ordinary Energy Emission... so if you want to replicate a Superman/Thing/Hulk strong-guy build you have to have flaming fists or turn into a giant ICE giant every 2 minutes. If you want Iron Man, then it's either fire or purple-energy-coming-from-your-head; gadgets works a little but it's a lot of throwing bombs and things.

The game HAD potential, at least in concept. An action-y super-hero MMO that takes place in the DC realm? How can that fail?!?

Umm, give it to Sony I guess.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2011, 09:19.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

footer

Blue's News logo