Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans

The DC Universe Online Website announces the first DLC for DC Universe Online, saying the "Fight for Light" pack will be released for the Windows and PlayStation 3 editions of the MMORPG this summer. The new DLC will introduce Hal Jordon, aka the Green Lantern, who will attempt to use his superpowers to remove some green from players' wallets, as the pack will cost $9.99 USD. In addition to the Green Lantern and the light power set, Fight for the Light will also introduce characters, locations, and scenarios from the Green Lantern series.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 08:42 kanniballl

I *might* try it again for a month since Green Lantern has always been my favorite DC super hero... followed by Flash, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), and *maybe* Superman.

But really... $10? The game is limping along to put it mildly. The population is in the toilet, the updates are slow, the whole SOE cluster-frack, the very little content already there, the REALLY small set of powers available. If anything they should release it for free.

Honestly, the power-set list annoys me the most. They hardly included any power sets, and ignored some of the staples of the comic book industry. Things like Super Strength / Might or ordinary Energy Emission... so if you want to replicate a Superman/Thing/Hulk strong-guy build you have to have flaming fists or turn into a giant ICE giant every 2 minutes. If you want Iron Man, then it's either fire or purple-energy-coming-from-your-head; gadgets works a little but it's a lot of throwing bombs and things.

The game HAD potential, at least in concept. An action-y super-hero MMO that takes place in the DC realm? How can that fail?!?

Umm, give it to Sony I guess.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2011, 09:19.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 08:37 kanniballl

CommunistHamster wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 03:49:
The movie was terrible.

I don't think it was "terrible..." it just wasn't great. Not every super hero movie has to be dark and epic like "Batman Begins..." there's room for comedy and such. And Ryan shaped up a little bit about 1/2-way through the film.

I won't be buying the BluRay but I might rent it again in a few years.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 06:44 Veterator

Guess the subscription fee doesn't include content updates....that game was super short/small/lacking on release...doubt this pack would add even 10%.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2011, 07:18.

5. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 03:49 CommunistHamster

The movie was terrible.  

4. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 12, 2011, 01:08 Acleacius

The movie was a smash hit with a 6/10 rating at Metacritic (iirc), so we should make a game! Wall  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 11, 2011, 22:45 merloid

Too slow on the updates and too expensive. Thanks but no.  

2. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 11, 2011, 22:08 JohnBirshire

I was actually waiting until they released new powers and then planned on subscribing again...but just one set? I also unfortunately have no interested in light powers, but was open to try some of the others they had made hint of. *lightning, atomic, etc* Bah, guess I'm putting this game off indefinitely, they are way too slow about introducing new content and by the time they release enough to justify coming back, it will be too late.  

1. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 11, 2011, 21:37 The Half Elf

Ok this MIGHT get me back into DCUO for a month.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo