Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition

Origin now offers preorders of a Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition that's exclusive to EA's online service. This includes physical bonuses such as an art book and a lithographic print, as well as in-game items, including several features they say "can’t be found anywhere else," like a robot dog companion (thanks Computer and Video Games). Here's the list of bonus content to be included with this version of the sci-fi action/RPG sequel:

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition! This exclusive and limited package includes:

• 70-page digital art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
  • Limited edition digital Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
  • Exclusive 4x6 lithographic digital print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.

A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!

• N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
  • Normandy Robotic Dog companion
  • Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
  • N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
  • Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
  • Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 14, 2011, 11:14 descender

This does not bode well for ME3... at all...

ME2 was already a streamlined piece of crap (most overrated game i've ever played)... there is no chance I'm buying this now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 11, 2011, 09:21 Verno

I actually liked the digital deluxe editions but this is simply going too far on price. Sorry EA, you get greedy, you lose sales.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

50. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2011, 00:34 Jerykk

For that matter...why do EA/Bioware think the game is worth $60 when every other game in the franchise was the regular $50?

The console versions were always $60 and EA has started charging $60 for all their high-profile PC games as well (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 were also $60 on PC). Same with Activision and Bethesda. It's not unique to ME3.

Are they justified in charging $60 for PC ports? No, not really. A PC port typically costs less than $1 million to develop and publishers don't have to pay any royalties for PC games. In addition, if a game is sold directly through Origin, EA makes 100% profit. They're trying to raise the standard MSRP so they can make more money, not because the games are actually worth that much.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2011, 22:32 Slashman

xmb1121 wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 15:02:
Art book, comic, lithograph...All these things are listed as "digital." Why does anyone think there is a physical version?

I never thought they were physical objects.

I think the more pertinent question is how are those things worth an extra $20?

For that matter...why do EA/Bioware think the game is worth $60 when every other game in the franchise was the regular $50?

As I said before, I was willing to buy ME3 for full price because I like the series and want to see how it all turns out, but there is no way that I am paying either $60 for the regular version OR $80 for the deluxe version. Especially knowing that 10 - 12 DLCs are going to be right around the corner asking for yet more money to flesh out the experience that should have been fleshed out in the full game.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2011, 15:02 xmb1121

Art book, comic, lithograph...All these things are listed as "digital." Why does anyone think there is a physical version?  

47. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 14:22 Tumbler

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 13:08:
Why would you ever want him in a fucking hoodie!?

You waitin on the popped collar piece before you jump in, Tumbler? :)

Psh, they'd need a little carry purse for that robotic dog to get my attention...maybe a blinged out collar though...pink of course.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

46. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 13:08 nin

You waitin on the popped collar piece before you jump in, Tumbler?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

45. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 13:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Tumbler wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 10:14:
...no, it looks like that is literally a hoodie your shepard can wear on his ship? Why would you ever want him in a fucking hoodie!?
Because it's the "in" thing? Ah hell if I know. Next you'll be seeing and now you can buy shepard a stock of vintage 1970's cloths to wear on the normandy! He can look like a douchebag, and a trashy hipster all at once!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

44. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 11:23 Overon

Tumbler wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 10:14:
N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
for the same reason kids play with dolls and dress them up.

43. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 10:14 Tumbler

N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.

So...one of the items is a hoodie you can wear inside the game?
Wow. Reading over that I just assumed it was a real hoodie that someone could wear at home...then I thought well they probably wouldn't go that far, maybe it's an avatar clothing item...no, it looks like that is literally a hoodie your shepard can wear on his ship? Why would you ever want him in a fucking hoodie!?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

42. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 07:33 El Pit

yuastnav wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 04:43:
Maybe you should check up on things like these before you spout your BS and/or learn how to use sarcasm properly.

No, but maybe I should tag my comments "/sarcasm". Just for you, since you're obviously quite a bit impaired in that department.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

41. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 05:09 dajunka

What is with these company's offering up bag fulls of exclusive shite.

I just want a good all-in-one game, they can shove all this other crap where the sun don't shine.

40. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 04:43 yuastnav

finga wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 04:16:
[...] all because I might have to set up yet ANOTHER username and password on top of the dozens I have already memorized! That's way too difficult for me, so I'm going to get REALLY ANGRY about it! Because I hate having fun!

I think you are missing the issue here. You should not project your own shortcomings on other people as it is also obvious why people would not want to install yet another bloated, retarding piece of software.

El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 03:14:
[...]
No. I get all my games from French losers, or France Loisirs, as they say in France. [...]

Loisirs means "spare time". :/

El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 03:14:
[...]
[...] No wait, I got that all mixed up. All that pink stuff is only in German and Australian versions. My bad, sorry.

The blood in the censored, German versions is usually green.

Maybe you should check up on things like these before you spout your BS and/or learn how to use sarcasm properly.

39. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 04:16 finga

Yep, I'm going to refuse to play the third iteration of a franchise I love and have been playing for years, all because I might have to set up yet ANOTHER username and password on top of the dozens I have already memorized! That's way too difficult for me, so I'm going to get REALLY ANGRY about it! Because I hate having fun!  

38. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 03:39 Zardoz5

spindoctor wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 02:32:
This Mass Effect digital deluxe thing doesn't bother me because the extras are never worth it, so I'll just get the regular edition on Steam.

This, on the other hand, does in fact piss me off...

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/bf3-digital-retailers

Can anyone spot what's missing?

EA and Valve are currently having a bit of tiff. 2142 was supposed to be on Steam by now but isn't because of their inablility to get along. One of the guys from DICE posted this info on his personal page/blog but it was yanked soon after.

I'm sure they'll resolve it by release because the Steam market is just to huge to ignore. Screw 'em all, if I get BF3 it will be from retail. I'm still bitter about EA Link breaking my 2412 with every update, so Origin can get bent.

37. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 03:14 El Pit

spindoctor wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 02:32:
This Mass Effect digital deluxe thing doesn't bother me because the extras are never worth it, so I'll just get the regular edition on Steam.

No. I get all my games from French losers, or France Loisirs, as they say in France. And it's on Femme Actuelle, too! WOW! Pink soldiers driving pink tanks shooting pink heart-shaped bubbles! YES!

Ooops... No wait, I got that all mixed up. All that pink stuff is only in German and Australian versions. My bad, sorry.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

36. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 02:32 spindoctor

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

35. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 02:30 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 23:49:
The deluxe edition isn't limited to Origin. You can buy the physical deluxe edition from any number of retailers.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. When it comes with an actual hard cover art book, lithograph, metal case, fabric insignia and comic book, plus about $5 of DLC, I can see how that would appeal to some fans. It's just crazy that EA believes the digital version has the same value.

I can't imagine anyone who favors Steam being upset that they can't get in on this horrible, horrible deal. To me, like most collector's editions, it's very easily ignored.

Proper collector's edition

34. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 00:32 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 23:49:
The deluxe edition isn't limited to Origin. You can buy the physical deluxe edition from any number of retailers.

Yes...but why the heck would I want to?

Also, this $60 for a game thing isn't going to earn my cash. I actually would have wanted ME3 enough to pay full price for it...but not if that's the new EA full price.

The Witcher 2 cost $50 and came with a bunch of stuff...a lot of it comparable to what is in their 'Deluxe' edition.

33. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 9, 2011, 23:49 Jerykk

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo