Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Siege III Patched

Steam now offers the promised patch for Dungeon Siege III, which addresses key mapping issues, among other things. The complete list of changes follows.

• Keybinding has now been implemented into Dungeon Siege III
  • Added two new controls that will allow the players to move left or right. This is included on the keybinding screen.
  • Fixes an issue where the gamepad would default to on, even if you have no gamepad plugged in.
  • Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where if either the host or the client is using a gamepad and are playing with someone who is using the mouse/keyboard, the host hangs when switching to the ending cutscene.
  • Fixed an issue with certain graphic cards where it would occasionally display large black pixels in the middle of the screen.
  • Fixed a potential crash when players try to reconnect after disconnecting during a conversation.
  • We've implemented a fix that will revert the A/D reversed issue for people that are still reporting this issue.
  • Fixed a potential crash when players would join a Multiplayer game in a certain order.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 10, 2011, 10:18 Zadig

The first game was pretty good, but the developers decided to market it as a 'Diablo killer' (when it had no skill system and very little treasure hunting) and it predictably disappeared. The second one was just heinous and this appears to be more of the same.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 10, 2011, 01:25 ColoradoHoudini

In my experience.. I had probably 1 out of every 4 items drop that my main guy couldnt use. With that being said.. I still have no idea what the requirements are for items I found. Like a big mace.. um, it'd be nice for the game to tell me "you cant use this.. but ____ can" I got nothing..

again, unless i missed something there

6. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 22:39 Alamar

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 18:38:
Why couldn't they have just made a bigger world, add a few more playable characters, and have proper multiplayer support? I know that's all I needed to buy this game.. instead they had fucking abysmal controls (btw, is it just me or does everyone have to hit E when they walk over an item (not money) that they want to pick up? I want to pick up EVERYTHING.. all the time.. did i overlook that config setup?

Also.. is it just me or does the game not tell you if an item is useable by your current character? I picked the .. err.. non sword dude? and i would grab staves and maces and all i could with them was transmute them.. never equip.. ever. But i was never told i couldn't equip the items.. they just werent options in my Equip screen.

Someone tell me i fucked all that up..and not the devs

A bigger game, and proper MP I agree with.. .I didn't try coop, but I believe your partner just controls your current 'second'... Handy to jump in/out, but lots of drawbacks as well... especially for those of us used to getting the phatty lewts ; )

All items have a user icon, so if it's showing someone's face, you can use it (on that character)...

Also... About 80% of the random stuff you grab is for your primary character... So playing through on other chars should give you a bunch of crap for that one as well... 80 may be high, but it was definitely noticeable for me.

-Alamar

5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 18:38 ColoradoHoudini

Why couldn't they have just made a bigger world, add a few more playable characters, and have proper multiplayer support? I know that's all I needed to buy this game.. instead they had fucking abysmal controls (btw, is it just me or does everyone have to hit E when they walk over an item (not money) that they want to pick up? I want to pick up EVERYTHING.. all the time.. did i overlook that config setup?

Also.. is it just me or does the game not tell you if an item is useable by your current character? I picked the .. err.. non sword dude? and i would grab staves and maces and all i could with them was transmute them.. never equip.. ever. But i was never told i couldn't equip the items.. they just werent options in my Equip screen.

Someone tell me i fucked all that up..and not the devs

4. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 17:04 Surf

Horrible game, just fucking horrible. Really liked the first one and that was that.  

3. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 09:54 Omni

I could live the controls but the coop is utter crap.

So avoid this title for now.
Buy it on sale...

2. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 07:57 Granz

It's too bad this series is ruined. Multiplayer is some drop in drop out coop mode from the lego games on the Wii. They should be ashamed of themselves.  

1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 06:54 Sux

Key binding added,about time. I might have another go at this game.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo