Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Specs?

GameStop now offers minimum and recommended system specifications for Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel (thanks VG247). There's no indication that these are official, so our minimum approach is to view them cautiously, and our recommended approach is that you do so as well, though the Windows Vista as the minimum OS is accurate, as we've already learned the game will not support Windows XP. Here are the specs:

Minimum
Hard Drive Space
15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Operating System Windows Vista or Windows 7ProcessorCore 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM 2GB
Video Card DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended
Hard Drive Space
15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Operating System Windows 7 64-bit
Processor Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM 4GB
Video Card DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

View
71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

51. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 9, 2011, 00:58 Jerykk

And again folks... this has already been debunked as FAKE. These ARE NOT the system requirements of BF3.

If I recall correctly, BF3 has stated in the past that BF3 will require DX10 and thus, won't be compatible with XP.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 23:09 ColoradoHoudini

Some time next week I am going to look to you fellas for help on building a new rig.. specifically the CPU..and my new rig will be built with BF3 in mind.
I look forward to your help and total lack of both bickering and fanboy comments. (a man can dream, can't he?)

49. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 23:08 Teddy

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 22:59:
I applaud DICE for pushing the envelope and designing a game that doesn't pull any punches. XP/DX9 support is a liability at this point, technology doesn't move forward when you're worried about accommodating a TEN-YEAR-OLD operating system. Spend the $150 to upgrade your dinosaur of a PC to Windows 7 and DX10.

And again folks... this has already been debunked as FAKE. These ARE NOT the system requirements of BF3.

48. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 23:07 Teddy

Draugr wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 21:05:
He is here to troll just like every bf3 related thread, just ignore him.

Oh, I know exactly who and what he is. That's what makes it funny to me. Such an over-the-top reaction from a known CoD fanboy speaks of his real, deep-seated panic that BF3 might just end up being a better game.

47. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 22:59 jacobvandy

I applaud DICE for pushing the envelope and designing a game that doesn't pull any punches. XP/DX9 support is a liability at this point, technology doesn't move forward when you're worried about accommodating a TEN-YEAR-OLD operating system. Spend the $150 to upgrade your dinosaur of a PC to Windows 7 and DX10.  

46. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 22:50 [VG]Reagle

I have the right to hate BF3. Since I will likely play it I can at least state my opinion that laggy crap focused on graphics != good FPS.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

45. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 22:46 [VG]Reagle

Id say they are doing XP users right up the poop chute!  

44. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 22:41 shponglefan

PacoTaco wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:51:
EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!

You should blame Microsoft more than EA for that one. They're the ones that decreed no DirectX 10/11 support in XP.

43. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:57 bhcompy

zirik wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 20:05:
EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!

i can sympathize with the XP users. why is it that EA can make the game run on the 360 and PS3 which basically have the same visuals as DX9 while PC users are forced to upgrade to vista. at least allow XP users to turn down the visuals to console levels in order to play the game.

Err, maybe you missed the PS3 demo they played on Jimmy Failon. It is a very obvious downgrade in visual quality

42. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:12 entr0py

GarrettTX1 wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 20:56:
REPI (from DICE) refuted these earlier today on the Beyond3d Forums
FAKE. We haven't announced any system requirements yet

Thanks for that. Turns out these exact system requirements can be linked back to a post made in April on BF3blog.com. One that explicitly states:

Please note: these are our expected system requirements for Battlefield 3. When EA/DICE releases the official system requirements, we’ll update this page accordingly.

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

My guess is someone at GameStop thought the BF3blog was official and didn't read it carefully. It does look very similar to the official site. The bogus specs have already been taken off of GameStop's website.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2011, 21:22.

41. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:08 Suddenly_Dead

zirik wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 20:05:

i can sympathize with the XP users. why is it that EA can make the game run on the 360 and PS3 which basically have the same visuals as DX9 while PC users are forced to upgrade to vista. at least allow XP users to turn down the visuals to console levels in order to play the game.

Because adding and maintaining DX9 support isn't the same as turning the visuals down.

40. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:05 Draugr

Teddy wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 21:00:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:30:
Here is what they should have wrote as a BF3 spec:

"Your going to need BIG BLUE in order to run this STEAMING PIECE OF CRAP even on 640x480 .... if you don't shell out $3 grand for a quad core SLI rig with an OCTO CPU your in for a laggathon beyond your freakin wildest dreams. HAHAHAHA it took us 8 hours to render that crap 2 minute video on a render farm that cost more then your house. You guys suck....Hope you can hit someone at 80 yards with that sniper rifle at 1 FPS. LOL a slide show on flash is going to look like a grade a first class AAA title ... did you expect us to make a smooth game FPS with game play in mind when instead we can make money with crap fake rendered videos?

Someone clearly sounds threatened.

39. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:00 Teddy

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:30:

"Your going to need BIG BLUE in order to run this STEAMING PIECE OF CRAP even on 640x480 .... if you don't shell out $3 grand for a quad core SLI rig with an OCTO CPU your in for a laggathon beyond your freakin wildest dreams. HAHAHAHA it took us 8 hours to render that crap 2 minute video on a render farm that cost more then your house. You guys suck....Hope you can hit someone at 80 yards with that sniper rifle at 1 FPS. LOL a slide show on flash is going to look like a grade a first class AAA title ... did you expect us to make a smooth game FPS with game play in mind when instead we can make money with crap fake rendered videos?

Someone clearly sounds threatened.

38. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:56 GarrettTX1

REPI (from DICE) refuted these earlier today on the Beyond3d Forums
FAKE. We haven't announced any system requirements yet

37. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:26 Gymper

No XP? So what? Good riddence for a 10 year old OS.

Recommended h/w is quad core, so it's time to shelf the Celeron procs too...

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:11 Draugr

No Millennium support either? WTF?! who would have thought software companies have little interest in supporting decade old OS's.

People (including myself) complain about consoles holding back games, I'd say the argument would apply in this case as well, albiet to a lesser degree.

35. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:05 zirik

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:51 PacoTaco

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:44 Draugr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:24:
Because i don't buy a new windows version that doesn't improve anything (of value) apart from making all my specialized software with custom drivers run haywire I run 64bit vista.. enough for my needs for now.

I would argue 7 is an improvement over vista, but it certainly isn't necessary. Especially if you're running some special software that is dated and/or doesn't have w7 support.
Hence the recommendation, not the requirement.

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:30 [VG]Reagle

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2011, 19:43.

71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo