Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up

Battle.net describes enhancements to Blizzard's World of Warcraft recruit-a-friend program that rewards players for enticing new recruits to take their first hit of this MMORPG. Players will now reap the rewards for this all the way through level 80, earn 30 days of free play for every recruit who upgrades to a full account, get an exclusive flying mount when a recruit passes 60 days of playing time, and more. Thanks Ant.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 9, 2011, 20:08 OldScho0l

heroin wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 03:51:
Blizz really messed up their rythmn with the last expansion. It's great though because about every two months or so they send a free week my way. I've only participated twice, the first week I had I played about two hours the entire week I just could not focus on it.

This time around, I noticed that my gear was not good enough for any raids... so with my meager 3,000 gold I bought all the gear I needed to bring my "item level" up to 342 or whatever the F it was. Still, haven't gone on any raids... instancing in PUGs was nice and easy... pretty casual entertainment. That is how I have always liked my WoW, get stoned and have a good repetitive time the game has amazing music, ambient sounds - and I do like the graphics a lot, even now. I like the mechanics too but shit... it's the grindiest, most repetitive game I've ever played and I've chopped miles of caverns in Minecraft....

What I'm trying to say is that I refuse to play WoW unless it's free, they fucked up and I'm not willing to pay for it. Here's to GW2 being better w/o a subscription.

Noob question, but what's GW2? I'm looking for something to play.

NVM -- I did a google search and found this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs It looks awesome!

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2011, 20:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 9, 2011, 19:59 OldScho0l

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 05:34:
OldScho0l wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 18:39:
I turned my wow account back on a few weeks ago. After acquiring a full set of Vicious Gladiator gear, I once again realized why I always end up quiting the game. I play for PVP and it's terrible these days.

A PvP Battle starts and your sapped, stunned, slowed, frozen, dazed, trapped, silenced, and so on. The game has waaaaay too many stuns and the like while a player only gets one 'get out of stun free card' per 2 minute cooldown. It's completely annoying. Having 3.5k of resil doesn't help either. The game that I used to love is gone and what remains is garbage.

I can't wait for the day that Blizzard is gone and their games are a distant memory. WOW is junk imho.

Yeah thats why I played too and I feel 100% the same way. As a druid you had at least a little chance to get anywhere as a melee because you could at least break roots, but they nerfed that ability of druids so ridiculously hard, that I quit altogether. Even my mage was no fun anymore, even though, or maybe because, he was overpowered beyond belief.

Yeah, one of my toons was a Feral Druid. We used to be able to shapeshift to get away, but that's gone. I also played a rogue (lvl 75) and that's actually OP and gets boring quick. I have a Paly, lock, hunter, druid, and DK at 85 and am just tired of the game. My rogue kills many of the enemies before they even get a chance to fight and to me, that's just lame. I like to win, but not when it's unfair. It's just time to move on for me.

I think that my biggest reason for leaving is that once a player finally gets all their gear and learns their character well, Blizz changes everything and it's back to square one without ever considering how much work we put into getting set up. It's too frustrating and knowing that they will just change everything again is causing me to be unwilling to let it happen again. Balancing the game is impossible. I just hope that something else will come along.

14. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 9, 2011, 05:34 Muscular Beaver

OldScho0l wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 18:39:
I turned my wow account back on a few weeks ago. After acquiring a full set of Vicious Gladiator gear, I once again realized why I always end up quiting the game. I play for PVP and it's terrible these days.

A PvP Battle starts and your sapped, stunned, slowed, frozen, dazed, trapped, silenced, and so on. The game has waaaaay too many stuns and the like while a player only gets one 'get out of stun free card' per 2 minute cooldown. It's completely annoying. Having 3.5k of resil doesn't help either. The game that I used to love is gone and what remains is garbage.

I can't wait for the day that Blizzard is gone and their games are a distant memory. WOW is junk imho.

Yeah thats why I played too and I feel 100% the same way. As a druid you had at least a little chance to get anywhere as a melee because you could at least break roots, but they nerfed that ability of druids so ridiculously hard, that I quit altogether. Even my mage was no fun anymore, even though, or maybe because, he was overpowered beyond belief.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 9, 2011, 03:51 heroin

Blizz really messed up their rythmn with the last expansion. It's great though because about every two months or so they send a free week my way. I've only participated twice, the first week I had I played about two hours the entire week I just could not focus on it.

This time around, I noticed that my gear was not good enough for any raids... so with my meager 3,000 gold I bought all the gear I needed to bring my "item level" up to 342 or whatever the F it was. Still, haven't gone on any raids... instancing in PUGs was nice and easy... pretty casual entertainment. That is how I have always liked my WoW, get stoned and have a good repetitive time the game has amazing music, ambient sounds - and I do like the graphics a lot, even now. I like the mechanics too but shit... it's the grindiest, most repetitive game I've ever played and I've chopped miles of caverns in Minecraft....

What I'm trying to say is that I refuse to play WoW unless it's free, they fucked up and I'm not willing to pay for it. Here's to GW2 being better w/o a subscription.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 9, 2011, 00:47 OldScho0l

eunichron wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 21:19:
Darks wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:23:
fujiJuice wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:04:
Darks wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 10:56:
Blizz is doing everything they can to get people on their game. They need to be worried about the new Star Wars MMO. Iíve been on the beta for a while now and I absolutely love the game. The fully voiced cut scenes for missionís just kicks ass and makes the game feel more like playing a Single player game.

The questing is fun and non repetitive. This will be the game that causes WOW to lose many subscribers. Bioware has done a really awesome job with the MMO. It does not feel A typical like other MMOs. They are doing things in this MMO that has not been done before. I cannot say what because of the NDA, but itís a fun MMO and Blizzard should be very worried.

I have been hearing quite the opposite, on this very site, from beta players.

Funny, I havenít seen anything from anyone on here about the beta. And no nin, Iím not being paid, this is how I perceive the beta as it is now. Its way better then WOW ever was when it comes to missions and questing. Play it or donít, I really donít care either way. I know I like it and so do all the people Iíve played with in the game. I havenít heard any negativity about the beta at all in game or around the forums.

That's not what the leaked 1 hour long gameplay video says... SW:TOR is basically WoW 2 with Star Wars skins. If giving WoW Star Wars skins makes it way better than WoW ever was, then I understand where you're coming from.

This has always been a problem with WoW PVP, and I think the last expansion they finally gave up and admitted that balancing the game for 1v1 and 2v2 is pretty much impossible. The PVP game is really focused on 3v3 and 5v5 arenas, and premade/rated battlegrounds. It's fun if you can get a handful of people to queue with, but it is kind of sad that they've totally given up trying to balance individual classes and now instead balance around arena/battelground compositions.

I agree. I threw in the towel. World PvP seems to be a thing of the past too and that was my favorite aspect of WOW. Oh well, something else will fill the time.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 21:19 eunichron

Darks wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:23:
Blizz is doing everything they can to get people on their game. They need to be worried about the new Star Wars MMO. Iíve been on the beta for a while now and I absolutely love the game. The fully voiced cut scenes for missionís just kicks ass and makes the game feel more like playing a Single player game.

The questing is fun and non repetitive. This will be the game that causes WOW to lose many subscribers. Bioware has done a really awesome job with the MMO. It does not feel A typical like other MMOs. They are doing things in this MMO that has not been done before. I cannot say what because of the NDA, but itís a fun MMO and Blizzard should be very worried.

Funny, I havenít seen anything from anyone on here about the beta. And no nin, Iím not being paid, this is how I perceive the beta as it is now. Its way better then WOW ever was when it comes to missions and questing. Play it or donít, I really donít care either way. I know I like it and so do all the people Iíve played with in the game. I havenít heard any negativity about the beta at all in game or around the forums.

That's not what the leaked 1 hour long gameplay video says... SW:TOR is basically WoW 2 with Star Wars skins. If giving WoW Star Wars skins makes it way better than WoW ever was, then I understand where you're coming from.

This has always been a problem with WoW PVP, and I think the last expansion they finally gave up and admitted that balancing the game for 1v1 and 2v2 is pretty much impossible. The PVP game is really focused on 3v3 and 5v5 arenas, and premade/rated battlegrounds. It's fun if you can get a handful of people to queue with, but it is kind of sad that they've totally given up trying to balance individual classes and now instead balance around arena/battelground compositions.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2011, 21:25.

10. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 19:09 Cutter

Gojo wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 13:18:
That's the first positive thing I've heard about TOR. I hope you're right as I REALLY want to like this game.

Its way better then WOW ever was when it comes to missions and questing. Play it or donít, I really donít care either way.I know I like it and so do all the people Iíve played with in the game. I havenít heard any negativity about the beta at all in game or around the forums.

That worries me a bit though, sounds a bit too fanyboyish. Still, I hope you're right.

Well, obviously the game is going to appeal to some people in a major way. I mean, every game has its hardcore fans. Like most of us, from what I've heard from most people in the beta is that it sucks. And from everything we've seen and heard I don't tend to disagree with that. Yes, millions of people are going to check out this game just because. Will it have any staying power though? I seriously doubt it, and that's why I say it'll fail in the end.

Now, GW2 on the other hand...

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 18:39 OldScho0l

8. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 13:18 Gojo

That's the first positive thing I've heard about TOR. I hope you're right as I REALLY want to like this game.

Its way better then WOW ever was when it comes to missions and questing. Play it or donít, I really donít care either way.I know I like it and so do all the people Iíve played with in the game. I havenít heard any negativity about the beta at all in game or around the forums.

That worries me a bit though, sounds a bit too fanyboyish. Still, I hope you're right.

=-Gojo-=

7. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 11:41 El Pit

Ultima Online? What are you? A casual player? It's got GRAFIX! Wth? Real rpg fans hate grafix. They want only excel charts! They can see and feel the story behind the charts and numbers. Grafix... Pah! Damn you, anonymous, for being a grafix whore!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 Lit_Reflex001

Fuck World of Warcraft. Long live Ultima Online!

VIVA LA ULTIMA!

Dungeon crawlers be damned! Long live games with extensive skills that let you interact with the environment!

5. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 11:23 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 11:04 fujiJuice

3. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 10:59 nin

Your check is now in the mail.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 10:57 finga

The big thing is that it now works through level 80. The other stuff was there before.  

1. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 10:56 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo