Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored Revealed

GameInformer.com has the cover reveal for the August print issue of Game Informer magazine, which will take the wraps off Dishonored, a first-person stealthy action/adventure game in development at Arkane Studios. The game will feature the creative efforts of Harvey Smith (System Shock, Deus Ex) and Viktor Antonov (Half-Life 2). More details will come when the magazine hits the streets, and in the meantime, here's what they have to say about Dishonored:

We've seen the game running, and now we share Colantonio and Smith's vision too. Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 8, 2011, 04:42 Squirmer

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 18:04:
It's a game that's going to rock every other game ever made out of existence, and then when it doesn't, Harvey is going to whine and blame someone else the customer for not being smart enough to get his deep visions.

Creston

Do you have a source for when he blamed customers for not 'getting it'? No?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 19:02 space captain

yeh man whiny people are fucking annoying as shit  
Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 18:04 Creston

It's a game that's going to rock every other game ever made out of existence, and then when it doesn't, Harvey is going to whine and blame someone else the customer for not being smart enough to get his deep visions.

Creston

21. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:42 Cutter

Heard that, Ray. It sure sounds interesting but I won't be getting my hopes up...even remotely.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:35 Ray Marden

I am certainly interested - I have thoroughly enjoyed Arkane Studios' releases and Antonov is a bonus.

Harvey Smith, though...I am looking for him to be the one to mess this up.

Otherwise, for what I was imagining in my head, I am not sure the (admittedly early and artwork) image holds up. It reminds me of Bioshock mixed with Half-Life and even made me start thinking about Prey 2. That is not a negative mark against it - it is just a bummer when the first image that shapes the world does not strike me as being new or exciting.
Can somebody make a good Thief game?
Hoping this is a good, deep game,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

19. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:23 SectorEffector

Dades wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 17:10:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 16:13:
He was involved with Hellgate? Ouch. His track record after DX has been pretty terrible. DX2, Area 51 and Hellgate.

No I was referring to Bill Roper. It was just another example of the consumer not giving second chances. That's why I think it's a good idea not to attach your name to projects and advertise yourself as much as your products. It's a two way street.

ho ho

Too street here?

http://media.industrygamers.com/galleries/43/bitchad.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

18. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:10 Dades

Jerykk wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 16:13:
He was involved with Hellgate? Ouch. His track record after DX has been pretty terrible. DX2, Area 51 and Hellgate.

No I was referring to Bill Roper. It was just another example of the consumer not giving second chances. That's why I think it's a good idea not to attach your name to projects and advertise yourself as much as your products. It's a two way street.

17. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:10 Acleacius

Yeah, Dark Messiah win best melee hands down. Hell that was back in 2006, imagine how much better the combat will be this time.

I'm defiantly interested in this becasue of how well Arkane makes their games.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

16. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:03 SectorEffector

reisub wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 15:52:
SectorEffector wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 15:19:
Best first person melee and sword / staff / blade combat system. TO DATE.
How's it compare to Mount&Blade? That seems pretty good.

well can you cut off someones head and watch the body fall with physics and blood gushing from the neck and then kick the body with havoc physics off a seaside cliff?

Dark Messiah is miles ahead in getting the feel right. Maybe not story wise... or overall gameplay.. but Melee fighting is damn good.

The dual daggers, and sneaking up behind an enemy and jamming on into their neck and then instanly rotating the dagger for a kill cut then watching the other first person hand toss the body forward.

No, nothings come that close.

15. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 17:00 Acleacius

Just so you guys know smith was only associated with both System Shock games not because he had anything to do with development but he was in Q&A in both games.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/system-shock-2/credits
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/system-shock/credits

Really too bad he is trying to take credit for System Shocks, maybe Blue will correct it.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

14. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 16:13 Jerykk

He made great games before Hellgate London and hopefully will again someday.

13. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 16:07 Alamar

reisub wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 15:52:

Seriously... to both...

I barely played either, but don't remember it being good in Messiah (may try it again though... not surprisingly, I'm a M&M fan, though not HOMM so much). And I thought M&B's combat was horribly wonky...

-Alamar

12. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 15:52 reisub

11. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 15:22 Overon

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 14:12:
Overon wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 13:44:
If Harvey Smith and Viktor Antonov were not involved with this game, would anyone care?

Yes, because Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah were great games. Also because the concept sounds great.
I stand corrected. I played and finished Dark Messiah and I played the demo of Arx Fatalis, I think.

10. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 15:19 SectorEffector

Doma wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 14:28:
Dark Messiah has a fantastic combat system

I always lol even at the new Skyrim stuff, it still doesn't compare to a sleek Source Engine system like Dark Messiahs.

So Viceral!!! First Person charging a left swing to chop off his head then kick the body off a cliff before the head lands.

Only Dark Messiah... for now

On Topic, I'm optimistic. I'd like to think Harvey may have learned something from DX2's asinine universal ammo system.

9. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 15:12 Suckage

Area 51 was even worse.  

8. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:55 Dades

Hated Deus Ex 2. But not liking what someone did with one game doesn't mean they will always make bad games.

It's the Bill Roper hatred phenomenon. He made great games before Hellgate London and hopefully will again someday.

7. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:45 Zyrxil

And unfortunately sucky everything else, beyond the first town. Arx was great though.  

6. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:28 Doma

Dark Messiah has a fantastic combat system  

5. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:15 Krovven

I care. I loved Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis (very under appreciated RPG). I was also very looking forward to The Crossing before it was cancelled.

Hated Deus Ex 2. But not liking what someone did with one game doesn't mean they will always make bad games.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo