Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UbiCollectibles Announced

Ubisoft announces plans to launch UbiCollectibles, a line of game-based merchandise, which will include "apparel, figurines, lithographs, jewelry, and replicas from Ubisoft’s best-selling brands." These will be available exclusively through UbiShop, which is now accepting pre-orders from European customers. Here are images of two of the items, and here's a bit more:

The first UbiCollectibles are inspired by fans of the Assassin’s Creed®, Might & Magic® Heroes® and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon franchises. More than 29 million people have purchased an Assassin’s Creed video game, and now a fortunate 2,000 will have the chance to buy a highly detailed, hand-crafted statuette called “Ezio’s Fury.” The figurine shows Ezio in a combative stance as he moves in for the kill.

In Might & Magic® Heroes VI, Michael, the legendary Archangel, is one of the most charismatic characters, and 500 fans will now have the opportunity to own an intricate polyresin figurine of Michael, wings spread and sword drawn for battle. UbiCollectibles is using a design chosen with fans on Facebook to create this unique offering.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 16:25 necrosis

Sorry their shit will suck ass (figures and the like) compared to Hot Toys.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10312&mode=retail

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 16:05 Alamar

I realize you guys hate Ubi and all that, but seriously, this is a cool thing... I have no interest in these particular items, but I could see wanting something from some game, at some time, some day... or something : )

-Alamar

6. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 16:02 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 15:59:
DRM on apparel ideas:

• I can only wear/wash it 10 times before I have to buy a new one.

• Everytime I'm about to put the shirt on, I have to fax my receipt back to UBI headquarters, and wait for written permission.

• If I'm out wearing the shirt, and UBI can't get ahold of me via random phone calls to my cell, they will then send a txt, email, and written notice via snail mail, instructing me to take off the shirt immediately and await further instruction.

• If I'm caught tying to resell the shirt, the shirt will be repossessed, and my account closed, preventing me from buying any future shirts.

• What else am I missing?

The items may only be viewed by the human eyeball 1,000 times and then must be destroyed.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
    Playing: New dad

5. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 15:59 nin

DRM on apparel ideas:

• I can only wear/wash it 10 times before I have to buy a new one.

• Everytime I'm about to put the shirt on, I have to fax my receipt back to UBI headquarters, and wait for written permission.

• If I'm out wearing the shirt, and UBI can't get ahold of me via random phone calls to my cell, they will then send a txt, email, and written notice via snail mail, instructing me to take off the shirt immediately and await further instruction.

• If I'm caught tying to resell the shirt, the shirt will be repossessed, and my account closed, preventing me from buying any future shirts.

• What else am I missing?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 15:47 wrigleyvillain

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 11:30:
    Words fail me.

Creston

I think that's a first!

3. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 11:30 Creston

Words fail me.

Creston

2. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 11:30 baltar

There will be a ethernet port on the underside of the figures. Also, there will be no groove to route the cord so it will never stand straight, and it will need to be constantly connected to the internet or the figure will melt. You have to activate it every time you disconnect the ethernet cable from the figure.  

1. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 10:37 nin

Wonder how they'll put DRM on apparel?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo