Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 3, 2011, 15:52 Ant

Fion wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 16:06:
Does that mean no more of those god aweful 'Go Daddy' commercials? Thank the gods!
At least the women are hot and sexy.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 23:36 wtf_man

Ah... thanks for the info.

As for their commercial... I have blissfully had my head in the sand (as far as commercials go) since 2008 when I dumped my satellite (@ $75 a month and nothing but fucking commercials and crap tv) and went 100% Netflix streaming (@ $10 a month with no commercials).

It's as about good as using Firefox's / Chrome's Adblock Plus... but for TV! About the only bombardment of advertising that gets through to my household... is still fucking junk snail mail.

9. godwin's solution Jul 2, 2011, 22:13 space captain

thats why its time for all you worthless fucks to be murdered en masse  
Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 22:00 Parallax Abstraction

wtf_man wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 20:33:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 20:21:
Or for that matter, that Go Daddy will begin operating with a shred of business ethics? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Never used them... what did allegedly they do that was so unethical? They seem like a popular host / registrar.

I have friends who have had GoDaddy outright refuse to transfer their domains out to other registrars or "lose" the record of the transfer multiple times. They also have horrible customer support and often bill people for canceled services. Their biggest offense (beyond what nin linked) is what's called "frontrunning". Essentially, what happens is you search for a domain name that's available. If enough people search for that but don't commit to it, GoDaddy buys the domain themselves because they know there's interest in it, then jack up the price when someone does want to buy. This violates the rules of ICANN (the international body that regulates TLDs) but since ICANN is gutless, GoDaddy has continually gotten away with this.

Bob Parsons has no business ethics and is just a piece of shit human being to boot. It's sad that he's getting rich based on the way he does business.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 21:13 nin

Never used them... what did allegedly they do that was so unethical? They seem like a popular host / registrar.

I'm going to guess some of their more racier ads and that whole elephant shooting incident...

As I told Blue when I sent the link in, 2.25 billion is a lot of dead elephants.

Also thought I read somewhere about them getting domains and then reselling them for extra $, which as a provider, is kinda crappy, even though I'm sure all of them do it.

edit: here we go, from the digg article, which is what I originally sent in:

http://forums.nodaddy.com/index.php?topic=272.0

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 20:33 wtf_man

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 20:21:
Or for that matter, that Go Daddy will begin operating with a shred of business ethics? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 20:21 Parallax Abstraction

Fion wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 16:06:
Does that mean no more of those god aweful 'Go Daddy' commercials? Thank the gods!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

4. Re: Re: give the people what they want Jul 2, 2011, 17:48 space captain

some like it when the riddim is wild  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: give the people what they want Jul 2, 2011, 17:48 space captain

some like it in a one drop style  
Go forth, and kill!

2. give the people what they want Jul 2, 2011, 16:39 space captain

some like it in a rub-a-dub style  
Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 2, 2011, 16:06 Fion

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo