Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer

A new trailer from Deus Ex Human Revolution introduces us to the year 2027 in which the upcoming action/RPG prequel is set. In the clip the development team explains how mechanical augmentation has spread throughout the world, creating a world that's interesting but grounded in current reality, the two organizations competing to control the augmentation market, non-shooting gameplay elements, and more. The clip is embedded below.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 3, 2011, 01:41 Jerykk

The third-person cover system works fine if you don't care about challenge. I choose not to use it because third-person cover systems are inherently unbalanced. You get all the advantages of cover without any of the downsides.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 17:12 Ratty

Jerykk wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 03:43:
You don't have to use the cover system.
Hey, that's REALLY good to know. Thanks! I was wondering if you could just crouch and hide behind something or whether enemies would still see you unless you were using the game's cover system. I've never played a game with 3rd person cover so I'm willing to give it a try. But it's nice to know I don't have to use it if it's too distracting and ruins immersion.

Too bad about all the other 3rd person cutaway stuff. The Riddick game had that as I recall and that was a game I really enjoyed. So I expect one can get used to it.

25. Re: dukkha Jul 2, 2011, 16:57 Dades

J wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 14:03:
I considered acquiring the leak but I don't know if it'll spoil things for me or whether it will whet my appetite for more.

It's basically the introduction of the game. You will get the gist of what is going on, start getting introduced to the characters, concept and game world before it ends. You won't be majorly spoiled on anything in the endgame. A better reason not to play the press leak is that its not optimized so its a bit rough around the edges.

I loved Deus Ex, it is one of my favorite games of all time. This game is a worthy successor to it. Take that for what its worth or go acquire the leak yourself to confirm. This is one of the few games I've ever preordered.

24. Re: dukkha Jul 2, 2011, 14:03 J

I considered acquiring the leak but I don't know if it'll spoil things for me or whether it will whet my appetite for more.  

23. Re: dukkha Jul 2, 2011, 12:41 verrul

Glad the highlight can be removed, i want playing is it was a friend of mine and on a later build than the beta.  

22. dukkha Jul 2, 2011, 08:51 space captain

yep, life aint perfect

not at all

Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 08:40 Jerykk

I liked AP for its implementation of choice and consequence. The stealth was pretty rudimentary stuff. More interesting than the combat but not enough to carry the game on its own. The stealth in DX:HR is definitely better but it's too easy.  

20. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 07:56 space captain

werent you the one always sucking alpha protocol's dick?

i seriously doubt the AI in this will be worse than that

Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 06:20 Jerykk

the highlight objects thing is too much it ruins the pretty graphics with a solid yellow ladder that you might miss if your computer chip didn't make it neon yellow or the boxes. If they could tone down the high light or turn it off it will be much better. And sneaking is harder than it looks the newer AI is much improved trust me than the leaked beta.

While I'd like to trust your claim that the AI has been improved since the leaked press beta, the fact that you're unaware that the highlighting can be disabled doesn't give me much reason to.

18. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 05:52 verrul

the highlight objects thing is too much it ruins the pretty graphics with a solid yellow ladder that you might miss if your computer chip didn't make it neon yellow or the boxes. If they could tone down the high light or turn it off it will be much better. And sneaking is harder than it looks the newer AI is much improved trust me than the leaked beta.  

17. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 05:01 djinn

Easily one of my favourite single player games and could be the first time I actually preorder one. Am a little worried about some of the points mag brought up though, hopefully it's not that bad.  

16. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 03:43 Jerykk

You don't have to use the cover system. You can even unbind the key if you want. That's what I did. And yeah, the third-person stuff is dumb but not enough to ruin the game. As always, the best way to judge a game is to play it. If you're not sure if you'll enjoy the game, play the leaked press build.  

15. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 02:38 mag

Jerykk wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 02:14:
A bunch of stuff

Not... making me feel encouraged. It just doesn't even look like a PC game. All of the first->third person shifting stuff is distracting, over-the-shoulder shooting for when you're behind cover, the stealth kills, the regenerating health, etc. etc. Ugh. UGH.

14. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 02:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Bumpy wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 01:30:
The 10 hour leaked demo should of been more than enough to convince PC gamers this one will be worthy.
I guess I'll have to hunt it down and see if it is. And if it is, well that's just fine and I'll preorder it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 02:14 Jerykk

I think there were maybe two non-press-A-to-win kills in the whole thing.

Yeah, the stealth kills are a bit too easy to pull off. Your crouched movement is completely silent and faster than the guard patrol speed, you can perform the takedowns from 8 feet away, NPC vision cones seem to be 90 degrees with almost no verticality and all the NPCs freeze during the takedown sequences. These are all things that can hopefully be fixed by mods. On the bright side, takedowns consume a full energy bar so there's a limit to how many you can perform within a set amount of time. Only the first energy bar regenerates and the regen is pretty slow. I'd prefer that there be no regen at all but hopefully mods can fix that too.

The fact that I'm a balance nazi and still able to enjoy the game despite these issues is a testament to how well-constructed the levels and overall gameplay are.

On the not so bright side, the game probably won't have any gameplay or UI mods. It uses the Tomb Raider: Underworld engine and thus far, modders have only been able to extract, edit and repack textures. Eidos never released any mod tools.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2011, 02:34.

12. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 02:10 Sepharo

Damn you all.

Game was off my radar for the most part until reading this thread. Now it looks like I might be spendin some full price bucks.

11. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 02:09 mag

Jerykk wrote on Jul 2, 2011, 01:37:
I consider the original DX to be quite possibly the best single-player game ever and after playing the leaked press build of DX:HR, I'm looking forward to the final game. I'm sure it won't be flawless, as there were some balancing issues in the leaked build and I'm sure the yellow tint will get stale after a while but the devs have done a really great job of making the levels and gameplay open-ended. I hope the game is moddable so that the balancing issues can be fixed and the game made more challenging.

Haven't played the leak, but the twenty minute gameplay video made me really sad. I think there were maybe two non-press-A-to-win kills in the whole thing.

10. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 01:37 Jerykk

I consider the original DX to be quite possibly the best single-player game ever and after playing the leaked press build of DX:HR, I'm looking forward to the final game. I'm sure it won't be flawless, as there were some balancing issues in the leaked build and I'm sure the yellow tint will get stale after a while but the devs have done a really great job of making the levels and gameplay open-ended. I hope the game is moddable so that the balancing issues can be fixed and the game made more challenging.  

9. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 01:30 Bumpy

The 10 hour leaked demo should of been more than enough to convince PC gamers this one will be worthy.  

8. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 00:50 J

nm  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo