Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions

DC Universe Online is adding microtransactions, according to Massively. Word is:

These items are Proto Repair-Bots, which are exactly what they sound like, as they provide players with the convenient ability to repair on the go. Also included are Vault Tickets, which are sold either in singles or in stacks of five. These tickets allow players extra access to the Vault instance, where they can earn unique rewards. We don't have any other information about what will be available for sale in the future, but keep an eye out and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we know more.

View
7. Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Jul 1, 2011, 22:59 kanniballl

Slashman wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 19:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 18:21:
This mmo is worth paying very little for and just running through once and getting out. The updates are at a snails pace, you can't afford that these days.

Which is the baffling thing. It's like there was no foresight involved. No one thought that they needed to add regular content updates after they got it out the door. I mean really? MMOs aren't really meant to be stagnant. They need to keep adding things to keep players interested.

Vague promises don't actually count...

I gave up on the game a while ago...

But in their defense, they were *supposedly* trying for monthly (or near-monthly) updates. Between Holiday content and the various Trial additions, they were trickling minor (and cruddy) content updates.

Major-Update-#3 was due a WHILE ago but I guess they got completely screwed due to the whole outage thing.

I might hop into the game again in the future, but only if they add something substantial... like some of the PowerSets that were available during Beta.

It's a super hero game... without staple "powers" like super strength / invulnerability. So if you want a Superman-type hero, they recommend "Ice." Which is great, unless you don't mind your carefully crafted costume hero to turn into a Frost giant every 2 minutes.

Super Strength (or some sort of basic Brick) and energy emission beyond flames or purple-forhead-mental-attacks are a must for a super hero game.

Anyway, it's sad. I know it's Sony but I had high hopes. The game had so much promise but they dropped the ball in too many places.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2011, 23:13.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 1, 14:20 Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Bill Borre
  3. Jul 1, 16:26  Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions entr0py
  2. Jul 1, 15:34 Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Cutter
  4. Jul 1, 17:46 Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Veterator
  5. Jul 1, 18:21 Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions HorrorScope
  6. Jul 1, 19:09  Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Slashman
>> 7. Jul 1, 22:59   Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions kanniballl

footer

.. .. ..