Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 3 Patch

Steam News announces the release of a new patch to automatically update F.E.A.R. 3, the horror-themed shooter sequel. Included is a fix for a vexing juddering problem at framerates above 30 FPS. Here's word:

Issues addressed in this version:

• Stuttering and jerky movement at frame rates above 30 fps is fixed!
  • Steam voice communication "push-to-talk" option is now fully supported.
  • 4-player voice chat should no longer have audio drop-outs.
  • A rare bug that would cause enemies to stop spawning in Contractions is now fixed.
  • The game will now prefer Steam cloud storage over local file system storage.
  • Network connection reliability has been improved.
  • Support for wider than 16x9 aspect ratio displays has been added to support users with non-standard display devices and spanned multi-monitor displays like AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround.
  • An "options.cfg" file has been added to the F.E.A.R. 3 install directory for advanced user customization and troubleshooting. Included in this file are options to extend the FOV on narrow aspect ratio displays, reduce or remove motion blur, and to override driver-default settings for full-screen refresh rate, overscan, letterboxing, etc.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 21:13 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 10:00:
Support for wider than 16x9 aspect ratio displays has been added to support users with non-standard display devices and spanned multi-monitor displays like AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround.
Does this mean there is proper 16:10 and 4:3 support in the game now?

Not sure how you got that from that. There is full support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 20:25 Shataan

I always wonder why it is they can fix these issues within a week, but always wait till after release to fix them.  

15. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 11:20 Parallax Abstraction

FreonTrip wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 08:38:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 07:32:
It's funny that they fix these issues within a week and all they hear is bitching after the fact. What?

Seriously, what's with the shrill screeching? Is there never a reprieve from it on Blue's News any more?

You make it sound like there was ever reprieve from it.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

14. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 10:51 Ratty

I remember feeling like such a chump paying full price for FEAR 2 and not even playing more than 20 minutes before realizing it was shit and giving up.

There is now NO game I will buy on release unless there's a playable demo. If no demo then I'll wait to read impressions from real, actual PC gamers like here on Bluesnews.

NOTHING is a sure thing anymore. Not Deus Ex 3, Thief 4, Skyrim ... games I would have bought in the past without even a second thought.

13. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 10:00 necrosis

Support for wider than 16x9 aspect ratio displays has been added to support users with non-standard display devices and spanned multi-monitor displays like AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround.
Does this mean there is proper 16:10 and 4:3 support in the game now?

12. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 08:38 FreonTrip

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 07:32:
It's funny that they fix these issues within a week and all they hear is bitching after the fact. What?

Seriously, what's with the shrill screeching? Is there never a reprieve from it on Blue's News any more?

11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 07:32 StingingVelvet

10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 06:06 vacs

It was clear from the beginning that FEAR3 will be a steam sale contender for me. I gonna buy when it's available for 15$ for less.

Like with almost all the games currently on my steam wishlist... Just a few rare games nowadays are worth 50$ anyway.

9. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 02:49 KAG

Sounds like another console port abortion that I can skip. Oh well.  

8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 02:21 finga

Sempai wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 22:22:
Yes, so far it's been completely mediocre, that's not even adding the fact the FoV is a fucking nightmare for anyone who has the slightest sensitivity to getting sick and the stuttering issues which plague even high end systems.
You know, if I had a peanut allergy, I'd probably find out if food I was about to eat had peanuts in it before I just dove right in. Perhaps you should do the same with video games.

7. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 00:22 wrlwnd

Overon wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 23:14:
16:10 is wider than 16:9 aspect ratio?

I think they're referring to the 16:8 aspect ratio

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 23:14 Overon

16:10 is wider than 16:9 aspect ratio?  

5. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 22:22 Sempai

Yes, so far it's been completely mediocre, that's not even adding the fact the FoV is a fucking nightmare for anyone who has the slightest sensitivity to getting sick and the stuttering issues which plague even high end systems.

I've yet to play post patch it but atleast they patched it I guess.
I just have become so gdamned tired of supporting these half assed console ports.

I downed it on steam and yet again..was all excited to get home and fire it up and have a good time and, oh look..

I swear this shit is ruining my love for gaming altogether.

4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 22:17 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 22:10:
Has anyone played this at all? (single player, I don't give a crap about multi.)

Creston

No. But it's supposed to be less scary than the previous two games but in some ways a better 'shooter' than 2, borrowing some COD aspects. derp derp derp

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 22:10 Creston

Has anyone played this at all? (single player, I don't give a crap about multi.)

Creston

2. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 22:06 Sempai

LittleMe wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 21:21:
Fixing support for what used to be standard if FPS's eh? With FE4R they'll be patching in accidental failure to detect a mouse.

Couldn't agree more.

These lazy FUCK developers and their bullshit console ports have gotten completely out of hand.

Another $50 bucks down the shitter.
I swear to God I'm going to stop supporting this bullshit altogether and just resort to ripping your halfbaked shit off the webz.

Atleast then I'll be part of the problem right?
That's right, keep blaming PC users for stealing your games assholes.

1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 21:21 LittleMe

Fixing support for what used to be standard if FPS's eh? With FE4R they'll be patching in accidental failure to detect a mouse.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo