Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Trailer

The Bethesda Blog has a new trailer kicking off a six-part series looking at RAGE, id's upcoming first-person shooter. Here's word: "We’ve just released the first video in a six-part behind-the-scenes series for RAGE. Part one, “The Legacy of id,” is available for viewing above. In this video, the team at id Software touch on pioneering the first-person shooter with memorable titles like DOOM, QUAKE, and Wolfenstein."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 11:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bucky wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 15:59:
Beware the hype. I'm not saying RAGE won't be good, but this video reminds me way too much of the marketing for Brink.

Well, the CGI movies for Brink were awesome, however the gameplay videos for Brink were mediocre at best.

Gameplay videos for Rage have been very impressive, in my opinion. Hopefully Rage is great, but obviously it won't kill anybody to wait for a demo or some reviews of the final product if they are on the fence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 07:00 everyone

You mean it gives a good indication of what the finished game will play like?  

15. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 15:59 Bucky

Beware the hype. I'm not saying RAGE won't be good, but this video reminds me way too much of the marketing for Brink.  

14. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 14:09 DG

The Pyro wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 08:43:
Hrm, I would like to watch this trailer, however Youtube is asking for a login, as demanded by the uploader? Wtf is this bullshit? Do people actually log in to youtube now?

Here's a little tip... YouTube never asks for a login for embedded videos. You can always modify the URL to mimic an embeded video in order to bypass the login crap.

If the original URL looks like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXX

Then just change it to this:
www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXX

Hope that helps
nice. Now I need to figure out how on earth to program greasemonkey to sort this out for me... Probs a script already somewhere, though those "youtube hd" scripts never seem to work how I want them to.

13. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 13:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Pyro wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 08:43:
Here's a little tip... YouTube never asks for a login for embedded videos. You can always modify the URL to mimic an embeded video in order to bypass the login crap.

Hope that helps

Hrm, this works perfectly, thanks

12. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 08:43 The Pyro

Hrm, I would like to watch this trailer, however Youtube is asking for a login, as demanded by the uploader? Wtf is this bullshit? Do people actually log in to youtube now?

Hope that helps

11. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 07:16 Fibrocyte

Jackplug wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 23:45:
Atleast we have BF3, a game that takes us to the next level.

Britney Spears says she can take it to the next level, too.

Seriously - don't post while drunk.

10. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 04:29 InBlack

Jackplug wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 23:45:
It may look nice, but where is the destruction?? It just looks old school, a plain and ordinary linear shooter. Atleast we have BF3, a game that takes us to the next level.

Since when is BF3 new and innovative?? Its the 3rd, THIRD game (without counting the numerous Starwars etc. clones) in a row from the same studio which features the same core gameplay as the first Battlefield...the original might have been new and innovative, but BF3 might as well be called old-school. Or at least WE hope so, since its not out yet.

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 02:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 00:48:
Youtube's actually had that for any video marked as mature for years now. Granted, this is the first time I've seen it done for a game trailer myself.

I like that better than the "I was born on, January 1'st [Random Year Halfway Down the List]

Well, I much prefer the random birthday entering than an actual email I might not want spammed/sued. Neither method does anything at all to prevent underage people from seeing whatever, of course, but it's all about not getting sued these days.

8. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 00:48 Drayth

Youtube's actually had that for any video marked as mature for years now. Granted, this is the first time I've seen it done for a game trailer myself.

I like that better than the "I was born on, January 1'st [Random Year Halfway Down the List]

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2011, 00:54.

7. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 00:45 Jensen

It's an ESRB thing.  

6. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 00:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh, humanity. *shakes his head*

I remember the days when you could actually use a site without giving up an email address. Hell I used bluesnews for about 10 years before actually giving in and giving up an email address. But youtube? never, can't afford the potential lawsuits.

*EDIT* for -> before

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2011, 01:58.

5. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 30, 2011, 23:45 Jackplug

It may look nice, but where is the destruction?? It just looks old school, a plain and ordinary linear shooter. Atleast we have BF3, a game that takes us to the next level.  

4. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 30, 2011, 22:27 Tanto Edge

Good grief...
I like these things as much as the next guy, but how many 'legacy of id software' vids will there be before they've released their next game?
And then there will be how many more?
I wish the internet would stop 'upvoting duplicate threads'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

3. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 30, 2011, 22:26 durandal

I hope this doesn't get over-cooked like Duke.  

2. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 30, 2011, 21:42 Brin

I want it so badly  

1. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 30, 2011, 21:27 Grokk

Just release the game dammit!  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo