Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week

Stardock announces plans to release a new patch next week for Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy, updating Ironclad's expanded 4X/RTS game to version 1.3. A pair of developer diaries are now online for the new version, this one on rethinking diplomacy, and this one on changes being made to the game's mission system. They promise a third such journal will precede the patch release.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 29, 2011, 10:12 Prez

Sins is a massively under-rated game imo. I still play a marathon 12-hour session (which usually starts as a time-killing session) once or twice a month.

I didn't see the point of the Diplomacy part until I played an 8-player multi-player game. The expanded diplomatic options are a huge boon to the fun!

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 29, 2011, 08:43 gilly775

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 01:51:
It's nice that they realize the Diplomacy aspect of the game was a joke, but how about finishing up the expansion/sequel, Rebellion already?

I honestly think the Diplomacy stuff is inherently broken, even in multiplayer.

In what way is it broken? I got owned in Diplomacy by the AI once for a diplomatic victory. I really thought I had it in the bag until my planets began revolting and adopting the enemy's cultural side. One of the best gaming moments I had.

6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 29, 2011, 08:18 Enahs

I still play it!  

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 29, 2011, 01:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's nice that they realize the Diplomacy aspect of the game was a joke, but how about finishing up the expansion/sequel, Rebellion already?

I honestly think the Diplomacy stuff is inherently broken, even in multiplayer.

4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 28, 2011, 23:52 Vazz

I just bought it a couple weeks ago when it went on sale. Nice to see it's still supported.  

3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 28, 2011, 22:06 Keith

I still play it. There isn't anything else like it out there. It's got the right mix of real-time, cool effects & graphics, and things blowing up to stay on my hard drive since purchase. Can't say that about too many other games.  

2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 28, 2011, 21:49 Graham

The multi-page forum threads replying to the developer diaries seem to contradict you. I don't play it much anymore, but there's still what appears to be a vibrant community that does.  

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 28, 2011, 21:40 Surf

Game is done. I mean thanks for still patching it, but man, no one plays this thing anymore.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo