Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patched

The World of Warcraft Website announces the new version 4.2 "Rage of the Firelands" update is now live in Blizzard's MMORPG. The announcement has over a dozen related links, including the Patch 4.2 Notes and a Rage of the Firelands trailer. Word is: "With a new raid, a legendary questline, all-new raid tier and PvP armor sets, the most diverse daily questing experience to date, major story developments, PvP Season 10, user interface enhancements, and much more, patch 4.2 has brought Azeroth a little something for everyone." The manual version of the U.S. patch is mirrored on AtomicGamer.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 29, 2011, 06:31 Kajetan

OldScho0l wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 17:44:
I miss vanilla WOW. :/
The more they change the worse it gets.
I have ZERO interest in WALKING through Azeroth from Level 0 to 40. Back in the days, you say to your loved one: "Honey, i cant join you, because i have to play WoW this evening!"

"What you do?"

"Delivering a quest to the quest NPC in the same zone" or "Walking with my buddies from the nearest flight point to the dungeon entrance"

"And thats it?"

"Yupp, thats it for the evening."

*door slams*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 22:32 Wallshadows

I agree that it has been one of the smoothest content patches in the history of this game. Even the update to Cataclysm was pretty decent compared to such blunders as Onyxia 2.0 or the Argent Tournament.

We went in to do some reg Tier 11 content and man, it's almost sad with how easy it is. I figured it would be easier but that 20% nerf really sucked all life out of the encounter and mechanics.

Now, there are a bunch of casuals fighting in trade chat about how the trash in Firelands is too hard for them since they feel OP with their new Tier pieces and have skipped BWD/BoT/TotFW. It's funny how a couple pieces of gear will make some people believe that they are invincible but at the same time the easy encounters in Tier 11 content won't help them at all for the new tier of content. That is, if they even choose to do them...

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 21:53 OldScho0l

Sempai wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 20:00:

Oh shaddup..

Vanilla wow was just that..vanilla, and it was a fuckin grind with no high end content.
Go back and level a toon in Azeroth and it's like pulling teeth ffs.
BC,LK and now Cata were all huge leaps in design, were they perfect? no.

I remember the first time we ran through Azjol Nerub you couldn't help but feel like you are on a 10 min Disney ride, infact I want my Azjol's and Violet holds back, fuck this grindy Halls of Origination shit in Cata. I want my jp's in a 10 min fun ride, not a 2hour clusterfuck.

Speaking of clusterfucks, I guess it's time to patch.

Pulling teeth? Seriously? It used to be challenging, but I leveled from 1-30 in just a few hours YESTERDAY! Cake walk. Blizzard has made the game so easy that it's a joke and there's little challenge any more. Even the dumbest of people can fly through the game. Seems like it's all about the end game these days. They might as well just start people at lvl 85 and be done with it. The game is a dumbed down version of what it once was. Some people like easy mode, but my brain requires some sense of challenge. You can get an entire set of the latest PVP gear in less than a week of BG's. Used to be that it took a week to get one piece if you were lucky. It's too easy and it gets real boring real fast.
Also, the phased zones totally ruin world PvP among other things like playing with friends who already completed the quests or haven't started them. The game might as well be single player when it comes to Cata questing. PvP servers are practically empty of World PVP unless the parties happen to be in the same part of a quest chain. Yeah, they've really made advancements. They have actually simplified things so much that it is almost nothing like the original game.
I don't see how this is an advancement in the game. Seems like they are moving backwords.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 20:00 Sempai

Oh shaddup..

Vanilla wow was just that..vanilla, and it was a fuckin grind with no high end content.
Go back and level a toon in Azeroth and it's like pulling teeth ffs.
BC,LK and now Cata were all huge leaps in design, were they perfect? no.

I remember the first time we ran through Azjol Nerub you couldn't help but feel like you are on a 10 min Disney ride, infact I want my Azjol's and Violet holds back, fuck this grindy Halls of Origination shit in Cata. I want my jp's in a 10 min fun ride, not a 2hour clusterfuck.

Speaking of clusterfucks, I guess it's time to patch.

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 19:46 OldScho0l

That's why I only play on PvP servers. Those <insert other faction> guys would get pounded eventually. I haven't done this quest yet though so I can't say how it's gone on my server.  

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 19:34 FloorPie

One of the smoothest major patches they've ever done.  

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 19:11 Wallshadows

I did the quest chain with Thrall. Kinda cool. Fucked up by <insert other faction> flagging themselves and standing on the quest mobs just to piss people off.

Had the exact same thing happen to us. The Alliance simply stayed in the last phased zone and stacked on mobs, hoping to get tab targeted or accidentally hit and would gang out on those who got flagged. It's typical for the Alliance do this on our realm, as they did the same thing with Hyjal back when Cataclysm was released.

I made the mistake of letting an auto shot from my Hunter tag someone when I was at <90% complete in the Firelands phase then got stomped on by about four Alliance which, in turn, reset my bar to 0 and a 5 minute wait. Kind of annoying and was the initial reason I rolled on a PvE server so I can only imagine the pain those are feeling on PvP servers.

Trash runs have already started for Firelands and one of our guild members picked up a 378 tanking trinket which is pretty alright.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 18:11 Frijoles

I did the quest chain with Thrall. Kinda cool. Fucked up by <insert other faction> flagging themselves and standing on the quest mobs just to piss people off.

WoW is a lot of fun. It's too bad it's multiplayer.

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 17:44 OldScho0l

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2011, 17:53.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo