Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 18:38 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 12:01:
That's just fucking absurd, the kind of thing you would expect to see on The Onion Ubisoft.

FYP

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 18:19 Frijoles

There was a comment elsewhere that this may only apply to unlockable items (like guns). So on your second play through, the items are already there.  

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 16:56 Ozmodan

Who is going to pay $60 for a game you can only play once? Capcon just killed there game sales for this title. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole and I like their past games.  

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 14:05 DG

Frijoles wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 12:31:
tl;dr: Capcom went full retard.
I LOL'd

13. Re: Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Jun 28, 2011, 13:53 kanniballl

Wow. Just wow. I'm hoping this is just some libel filth or the reporter got hit in the head.

The games that I loved, I mean truly cherised, I've gone back to time and time again. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario World, UN Squadron... countless consoles and PC games ranging from the Intellivision -> Commodore 64/128 -> my current PC rig. I mean a LOT of stuff.

Sure, most of the games now-a-days I only play through once with the exception of some casual stuff for the consoles and things like Portal. But it wasn't that long ago I dusted off a console and played through Zelda again.

But that is insane.

Hopefully this will not become a trend.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 13:34 Tumbler

Capcom went full retard.

QFT.

I'm very curious to know the details of what this game allows someone to do after you've beaten it? Is there a level select and you can simply jump to whatever level you want as you'd see on a SP game you've already beaten? So the next person to play the game will have already earned a ton of stuff and unlocked most of the content?

They didn't really lock you out of content you've already played...right? A friend can stick the game in and play from the beginning? I really want someone to beat the game, then hand the cartridge to a friend and see what happens when that friend boots up the game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 13:29 Bumpy

Capcom thing must be a mistake or there is a misunderstanding of the report somewhere.

I find it hard to believe this is true.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 13:22 Cutter

If this BS spreads then my gaming days are over.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:31 Frijoles

tl;dr: Capcom went full retard.  

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:18 TheEmissary

Just when you thought 5 Machine limit DRM was bad a developer goes and pulls a stunt like this. Let me guess at some future date they will offer purchasable DLC to reset the game.  

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:16 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 12:01:
That's just fucking absurd, the kind of thing you would expect to see on The Onion.

EXACTLY what I thought. This is the kind of story you expect to see on April 1st.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:01 Verno

That's just fucking absurd, the kind of thing you would expect to see on The Onion.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 11:44 avianflu

happily the capcom game is on the 3ds -- a system that isnt faring so well anyway.

4. Re: Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Jun 28, 2011, 11:36 mch

Funny, because pirates with flash carts will be able to delete their save data no problem. Good thinking Capcom Rolleyes

Not that this was intended to combat piracy, but still...

PSN: CaseDesignate

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 11:36 nin

I can't think of the last capcom game I bought? Maybe the Bionic Commando remake side scroller?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 11:34 Creston

Great move, Capcom. Let's just go one step beyond renting games, and make it so you can play a game only once forever! That'll teach those damn customers of ours! Rolleyes

FFS, the people in charge of some of these publishers are truly the dumbest fucking shitdregs on the planet.

Creston

1. Re: Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Jun 28, 2011, 11:26 mch

Good thing Capcom doesn't make many/any good games these days...  
PSN: CaseDesignate

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo