Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks

The Bethesda Blog has details on Agents of Change, the first DLC for Brink, saying this is currently being scrutinized by Sony and Microsoft, so they expect to release it early next month. They also announce that this will be free on all platforms for the first two weeks after its release. They offer some screenshots and an outline of what this will include: "the DLC features two all-new environments, five new player abilities, two new outfits, and two new weapon attachments," and point to this post for further details. They also outline plans for a new title update ("patch" for you old-timers) for the console versions.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 25, 2011, 12:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah everyone else is just imagining it, go back to hanging out with less than one thousand people who share that opinion.
There were a lot of bugs at first, which put many people off the game. They've fixed most of it now, but it's hard to get people to give it another try. I've never experienced single-player lag, but I've run into plenty of other bugs. Hopefully things like this free DLC will encourage people to give it another chance. A free week would be even better.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 22:50 Dades

Nate wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 20:23:
What lag? I've played 60 hours. Haven't run into the lag your describing.

Granted there were some bugs at launch. However, Brink isn't as bad as you all are describing.

Yeah everyone else is just imagining it, go back to hanging out with less than one thousand people who share that opinion.

19. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 20:28 Bucky

Elessar wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 17:23:
SectorEffector wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 15:20:
worst pre-order mistake I've made yet.
Same here and never again (or at least until high anticipation for a game blinds my judgement and I do it again!)

Add me to that group. It happens every couple of years to me. Hype sells me, game bombs, and I'm more cautious going forward. Unfortunately that may not last it's usual year or two, since I'm already foaming at the mouth for Battlefield 3 and Skyrim.

18. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 20:23 Nate

It wasn't GPU or CPU lag at all, literally the other cpu bot players were lagging out and I was amazed.

What lag? I've played 60 hours. Haven't run into the lag your describing.

Granted there were some bugs at launch. However, Brink isn't as bad as you all are describing.

17. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 19:57 DNForever

Yeah I'm pissed I spent money on this game. No single-player is unforgivable, but like I said it was my fault I didn't read up on it before I got it. Steam says I've played Brink for 15 hours, and it'll probably stay that way for a while.  

16. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 19:23 Tanto Edge

Hmm, yeah, this was a damn shame..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

15. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:50 <Electric-Spock>

I didn't pre-order, but pretty much bought it day one and I can feel the pain expressed by others. The ATI framerate issues and the sound dropping in certain maps were pretty much inexcusable. They should have just delayed the PC version, I mean, I noticed those issues the first night of playing.

I actually enjoyed the game the first 15 hours I played it or so, but then as others have stated, it just made me feel like this game could have been something.

I think they should drop the game to $20.00 and leave it there. I mean sure, it will piss off people that paid full price, but they better take some measures to save this game. What fun is a multiplayer only game when no one else is playing? Ohh, and the bots suck. I could prolly take on a whole team of them by myself only using one hand.

14. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Seems like they've fixed a lot of the major issues now, so maybe this free DLC offer will bring some people back to the game to try again. I do agree that if they're smart though, they'll do an actual free week sometime soon. Maybe along with the next patch.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:23 Elessar

Same here and never again (or at least until high anticipation for a game blinds my judgement and I do it again!)

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

12. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:15 MajorD

They also outline plans for a new title update ("patch" for you old-timers) for the console versions.

WTF is that all about? Is that the new politically correct term because we don't want to offend pirates now? A patch is a patch!!!

11. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 16:58 PHJF

They're just trying to get somebody, anybody to buy this game.

Wake me when Enemy Territory gets a proper sequel, Splash Damage.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 16:55 MajorD

DangerDog wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 15:31:
What a fucked up announcement, apparently it is free if you get it during that two week period - and you get to keep it forever. If you purchase the game after the "two week" period then you'll need to purchase the DLC separately.

Since it's come up a few times, if you grab the DLC during the first two weeks, you'll own it forever and are able to re-download it for free even after this period.

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=344803&postcount=92

Good information, thanks dude.

9. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 16:52 MajorD

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 14:52:
You can't really charge for DLC when only 700 people are playing the game but I guess have fun trying. This game had such potential, so frustrating how they bungled the launch and failed to really do anything about it for a month.

Agreed! Major disappointment! And to further that disappointment, they are drinking the CoolAid and charging for DLC now. Like you said, "Good Luck Trying".

8. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 16:09 Cutter

Suck my balls, Splashdamage! This is one of the few times I really feel like I was conned out of my money. And now you have the gall to pull this shit? You may as well fold up shop now because no one else is ever going to buy from you again unless they'er brain damaged.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 15:33 nin

Seriously, how many people are going to buy this? 100?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 15:31 DangerDog

What a fucked up announcement, apparently it is free if you get it during that two week period - and you get to keep it forever. If you purchase the game after the "two week" period then you'll need to purchase the DLC separately.

Since it's come up a few times, if you grab the DLC during the first two weeks, you'll own it forever and are able to re-download it for free even after this period.

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=344803&postcount=92

5. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 15:20 SectorEffector

DangerDog wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 15:16:
Are they kidding, they're only releasing it free for two weeks and then they're going to charge for it?

Get bent Splashdamage!

If splashdamage was smart they would have a free weekend of playing Brink or a free week, and make it so the game doesn't have latency issues when you're playing SINGLE PLAYER!!!!!!

It wasn't GPU or CPU lag at all, literally the other cpu bot players were lagging out and I was amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

4. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 15:16 DangerDog

Are they kidding, they're only releasing it free for two weeks and then they're going to charge for it?

Get bent Splashdamage!

3. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 15:00 nin

What a train wreck this game turned into.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 14:56 Teddy

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 14:52:
You can't really charge for DLC when only 700 people are playing the game but I guess have fun trying.

Tell that to EA and the Medal of Honor DLC. There were people who bought it not really knowing how few people were actually playing the game, only to do a search for games in the new game mode and find a nice big "0 Players" message.

To my knowledge, they never got their money back and EA is still selling that same DLC for $10.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo