Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday

MyCrysis announces a June 27th release date for the promised DirectX 11 patch for Crysis 2, Crytek's first-person shooter sequel. This follows up on the inadvertent revelation of Crytek's plans for a DirectX 11 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and a Hi Res Texture Pack for the game, and they explain to the folks who were able to download these packs that they can't really be put to use before the release of this patch, which will update Crysis 2 to version 1.9. In the meantime they also have updated version 1.9 patch notes (thanks Grifter), which follow.

• Added Contact Shadows
  • Added DX11 benchmark level
  • Added DX11 support for Crysis 2 (the following features only work when downloading the optional DX11 package here):
    • Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
    • High Quality HDR Motion Blur
    • Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
    • Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
    • Parallax Occlusion Mapping
    • Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
    • Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
  • Added Realtime Local Reflections
  • Added support for Higher Res Textures Package
  • Added various new console variables to whitelist
  • Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
  • Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren't always saved at the end of a game
  • Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
  • Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
  • Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window's containing broken glass
  • Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
  • Improved advanced graphics options menu
  • Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
  • Improved multi-GPU support
  • Improved Tone Mapping
  • Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 23:30 zincthallinide

Softwares that ran in 64XP but not 32? A few that I programmed for my own excitement.. 64-bit versions of RAR and other miscellaneous programs.

As far as 32-bit programs that wouldn't run under XP64, I can't think of any.

XP64 is basically Windows Server 2003.. maybe with more compatibility patches.. but whenever I hear people say XP64 is some horror show I wonder if they ever ran it.

When I used XP64 when it first came out, I had one card with no driver support, a cheap TV tuner card. Everything else ran perfectly, as well as it did under Win32.

I'd still run XP64 if it had the new interface and DX11 support.. Windows 7 is bizarrely laggy in general.. I've gotten used to the keyboard lag but thinking about it again I'm noticing it now, and it is just weird. How hard is it to get a keystroke and render a character on a screen, especially since XP did it so much faster..?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 16:15 Bodolza

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 16:19:
I bought Crysis 2 with an open mind a few days ago just looking for an average FPS to tide me over, but got bored of it fairly quickly. Seems incredibly linear.

I just started playing it a little while ago, too, and I'm having the exact same feeling. I was enjoying it at first, but a few hours in and I've seen all of 2 enemy types. I don't mind some linear gameplay, but when you're literally walking through identical tunnels for large chunks, and can only stare up at the city around you, it really emphasizes how fixed a path you're stuck on.

21. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 13:56 Ant

hubricide wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 13:52:
I ran XP64 for months and had no more crash issues than I ever had with XP, basically none.
What softwares did you have in 64-bit XP that didn't run in 32-bit XP?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

20. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 13:52 zincthallinide

I ran XP64 for months and had no more crash issues than I ever had with XP, basically none.  

19. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 13:00 killer_roach

Dev wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 19:37:
For gaming, the more relevant question is dx10+ capable systems. And thats about 60%.

Except not all Steam users are the target audience for a game like Crysis 2. Some are simply playing Source engine titles (which will run on practically anything), some play casual or (now) F2P titles via Steam, others simply pick up things once they've been massively discounted... plain and simple, of Steam users who are likely to be in the market for a game like Crysis 2, the overwhelming majority of them have DX10+ capable systems.

As far as XP goes, all I can say is this: WinXP x64 is an ugly, crash-prone kludge of a system. If you have 4+GB of RAM in your system (and, if you're playing high-end games, you likely do), you're far better served with a proper 64-bit operating system like Vista or Win7.

18. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 23, 2011, 09:02 Ant

avianflu wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 15:57:
I dearly missed the giant open landscapes from their first Far Cry game.
Ditto. Crysis 1 has one too. I still need to finish it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

17. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 21:09 headkase

neilmike wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 20:09:
This is a quite an impressive List and it should be much improved anyway, i've purchased crysis 2 on steam a while ago so i hope this will include the upcoming patch with directx 11 through steam website...if not i'll scream 'aaahhhhhhhh'

http://games.gamepressure.com/games_encyclopedia.asp

http://www.gamenews24.com/

You're already in Steam so see if future patches and such come from that: they're supposed to. But, just in case something changes and they don't: your other option is to download the Origin client ( http://store.origin.com/ ) and using the exact same CD-Key for Crysis 2 from your Steam account, put that into Origin's redeem code box. It will give you a full download version of Crysis 2 from them. I know for a fact it works: I own the Steam version of Crysis 2 and I did it. The only thing I had to do was uninstall the Steam version before the Origin version would download. It sucks to have to re-download a big game but if your options run out you can always do that.

16. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 20:50 Quboid

The texture bump mapping is more noticeable when playing a game, things like tessellated brick walls or tire treads will look better as you move around the landscape and their 3D nature is displayed. There still isn't a massive difference mind.  

- Quboid

15. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 20:09 neilmike

This is a quite an impressive List and it should be much improved anyway, i've purchased crysis 2 on steam a while ago so i hope this will include the upcoming patch with directx 11 through steam website...if not i'll scream 'aaahhhhhhhh'

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2011, 14:39.

14. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 19:38 zincthallinide

XP is definitely faster than Win7 (even typing on Win7 has a bizarre lag, whereas XP is basically instantaneous.. I have no good explanation for this), but Win7 has too many useful little features and eyecandy and DX11 for me to keep running XP.

If it weren't for games, I'd just run Linux (Ubuntu, probably). The keyboard lag in W7 truly is bizarre

13. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 19:37 Dev

SirKnight wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 19:03:
Hyatus wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 17:44:
killer_roach wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 17:08:
Give it up already. Windows XP is dead and buried, and mercifully so.

Right. Just ignore the numbers.

By looking at the steam hardware survey, the numbers are showing XP is falling and becoming less and less relevant.

Nearly half are Windows 7, Vista (32 and 64bit together) are a few percent higher than XP (32 and 64 together). XP is in third place and is on the decline.

For me I've been done with XP for quite some time now.
For gaming, the more relevant question is dx10+ capable systems. And thats about 60%.

And I still miss my XP. win 7 continually comes up with new ways to annoy me when I use it.

12. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 19:03 SirKnight

Hyatus wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 17:44:

By looking at the steam hardware survey, the numbers are showing XP is falling and becoming less and less relevant.

Nearly half are Windows 7, Vista (32 and 64bit together) are a few percent higher than XP (32 and 64 together). XP is in third place and is on the decline.

For me I've been done with XP for quite some time now.

11. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 18:42 zirik

i must be blind because i cant see any difference between the two sets of screenshots. maybe dx11 will make it run better with more FPS?

they still have not put back the option to disable bloom and other crapy HDR lighting effects. the crysis2 advanced graphic option freeware that creates custom config files stopped working after the latest update. anyone else get their autorun.cfg working? i hate watching the videos when launching the game.

10. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 17:44 Hyatus

9. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 17:08 killer_roach

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 16:04:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/22/crysis-2-directx-11-update-and-screenshot/

Maybe it's just me but, aside from the tessellation on that window shot, there really isn't anything to be excited about in the current version and DX11.

It's almost as bad as the old Gears of War DX9 vs DX10 scheme.

8. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 16:24 SpectralMeat

Yeah I don't see much of a difference in between the shots either. Even the little difference there is, it is hard to notice on the screenshots, it will be even harder notice when the game is in motion.

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 16:21 OldScho0l

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 16:04:

Maybe it's just me but, aside from the tessellation on that window shot, there really isn't anything to be excited about in the current version and DX11.

LMAO!!! Good call!

6. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 16:19 Dmitri_M

The reality is that if the art resources aren't designed from the ground up to be high fidelity, a few little hyped GPU tricks will not vastly improve visuals.

I bought Crysis 2 with an open mind a few days ago just looking for an average FPS to tide me over, but got bored of it fairly quickly. Seems incredibly linear. Even more so than the original as there's very little lateral moves you can make. The jungle paths in 2 allowed at least the pretense of some freedom.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2011, 16:26.

5. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 16:04 Wallshadows

4. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 15:57 avianflu

I dearly missed the giant open landscapes from their first Far Cry game.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo