Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned

A Direct X 11 Download Package Page on the MyCrysis has been uncovered, which will support the promised DirectX 11 update for Crysis 2, Crytek's shooter sequel, which is not yet available. This page was not officially unveiled, is not linked from the website yet, and contains links that do not yet work (though it does offer a gallery of DirectX 11 comparison screenshots for Crysis 2). The page looks like it will offer two optional downloads: A DX11 Tessellation Pack with pre-tessellated geometries they say are "necessary in order to be able to enjoy hardware tessellation on DirectX 11 graphics cards," and a Hi Res Textures pack that will support both the DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 editions of the game for users with 64-bit OSes and 1 GB graphics cards. Presumably this is an indication that the DirectX 11 patch will be released soon. Thanks Grifter.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 23, 2011, 04:54 kyleb

I've never seen a 5:4 CRT. Some say their recommended resolution is 1280x1024, but you're better off running them at 1280x960 to use the full screen without distorting the aspect ratio.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 20:01 headkase

Joss wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 18:01:
1280x1024 is 5:4? Is that a CRT monitor?

It's 2011, go to OfficeMax and get you a cheap 24" LED backlit flat panel already.

1280x1024 is a resolution of both CRT and LCD monitors. It was a really popular LCD panel size for quite a while. And, yes, it's 5:4.

32. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 18:01 Joss

1280x1024 is 5:4? Is that a CRT monitor?

It's 2011, go to OfficeMax and get you a cheap 24" LED backlit flat panel already.

31. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 13:41 kyleb

wtf_man wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 09:37:
I still game at 4:3 1280x1024
1280x1024 is 5:4, not 4:3.

30. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 10:13 Verno

Yeah, a friend of mine recently upgraded his 8800GTX and the only reason he bothered was lack of meaningful driver updates and a cap on the board finally went.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

29. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 09:37 wtf_man

Well... I used to bitch about PC games pushing the limits too much, and having to upgrade my graphics card all the time... now it's the opposite... not enough good games come out to justify an upgrade. I've had the same 8800GTX for over 4 years now and feel no urge to upgrade (Since I still game at 4:3 1280x1024).

THERE'S GOT TO BE A HAPPY MEDIUM!!! Not having to upgrade every year, yet enough enough envelope pushing to upgrade every 2.5 years or so.

I will probably upgrade by the time Guild Wars 2 comes out, or the next gen of cards after GW2... but I'm hoping there will be a decent amount of DX11 games by that point.

28. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 08:59 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 22:37:
You sound like a whiny kid sent to bed with no candy.

It was actually amusing and dead on accurate.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

27. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 06:11 bigspender

looking at the gallery the gfx are nice - but when i played the game they didn't look even as good as the low settings ones. Maybe they needed to slow the game down into a more atmospheric experience so you actually notice the detail.

and yes some of the models were really strange looking size and proportion wise.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

26. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 05:39 headkase

BUT, for anyone who missed the comparison pics, someone was kind enough to set up an album for them:

http://imgur.com/a/jCKj0

25. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 05:19 headkase

The link now goes to a 404 page.

Well, at least I got to see it and hopefully it won't be long till that page is back - with working download links!

24. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:49 vacs

Lorcin wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 21:37:
lol must be getting old - I had to see what ram my graphics card.

Was thinking the same thing. A few years ago I could instantly tell what speeds my GPU memory and core is clocked at without looking, now I can't even remember the name of my GPU card.

I had to look up the amount of memory on my card too. Luckily I also got 1GB

23. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:25 Lorcin

fawker wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 04:08:

Are you a suit? If they intended on to release this for the PC market they should of developed it properly, as they did for the PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Why should the PC be the red headed step child?

FFS No I'm not - and it's the red headed step child because they sell a lot more copies to kids on consoles rather than people with a pc which can actually run DX11.

22. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:08 fawker

Or to be a bit more forgiving.

Crytek Press Release: Even though our publisher insisted on a publication date and made consoles our primary priority we've still kept working on the PC version for 3 months even though we've not earned a penny for doing so.

There really are some ungrateful arseholes on this board.

Are you a suit? If they intended on to release this for the PC market they should of developed it properly, as they did for the PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Why should the PC be the red headed step child?

21. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:03 Lorcin

Fantaz wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 02:11:
So by "our" and "we've", you are referring to the company you work for? You do not run the company Crytek but you may speak for them. You are getting paid to work on the patch, and even though your company is not getting funds specially for this patch/pack, I believe it would definitely increase sales of the PC version after it's this is released. The DX11 stuff will probably be marketed and advertised, and if it's better people will probably want it more, right?

Nah was quoting also in the style of the press release - I'm a chef

Gone back and edited it to clarify things.

20. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 03:23 Soulburner

So... Parallax Occlusion Mapping suddenly became a DX11-only feauture? It used to work just fine in DX9 mode in Crysis 1  

19. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 02:46 zirik

Jerykk wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 02:33:
If Crytek is indeed working on the patch and other enhancements without any funding by EA, that's pretty cool of them. Most big developers won't do anything unless a publisher is funding it.

i doubt they did it for free. nvidia was using the DX11 version as demo at computex taipei.

18. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 02:40 zirik

Lorcin wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 00:35:
Or to be a bit more forgiving. Even though our publisher insisted on a publication date and made consoles our primary priority we've still kept working on the PC version for 3 months even though we've not earned a penny for doing so.

yeah ungrateful because 3 months resulted with nobody noticing that there is no START button on a PC keyboard. certain control options magically disappear when not playing the campaign mode. online key codes not accepted by master server. limited edition content redemption has to be done through a web browser. its no wonder you were not paid a penny to do a PC port.

17. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 02:33 Jerykk

If Crytek is indeed working on the patch and other enhancements without any funding by EA, that's pretty cool of them. Most big developers won't do anything unless a publisher is funding it.  

16. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 02:11 Fantaz

Lorcin wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 00:35:

Or to be a bit more forgiving. Even though our publisher insisted on a publication date and made consoles our primary priority we've still kept working on the PC version for 3 months even though we've not earned a penny for doing so.

So by "our" and "we've", you are referring to the company you work for? You do not run the company Crytek but you may speak for them. You are getting paid to work on the patch, and even though your company is not getting funds specially for this patch/pack, I believe it would definitely increase sales of the PC version after it's this is released. The DX11 stuff will probably be marketed and advertised, and if it's better people will probably want it more, right?

15. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 01:35 zirik

bigspender wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 00:12:
the graphics weren't even 'that' good. we'll at least the art style wasnt.

art style was not as bad as some of the models. i dont think crytek researched much about new york. the ambulance trucks dont look like it can fit more than one person in front. the roof looked like it was pinched by a giant. maybe they didnt get permission from the vehicle manufacturer? its too bad because ambulances are ubiquitous like the taxi in new york.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo