Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August

Tripwire Interactive announces August 30, 2011 as the worldwide release date for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, their World War II first-person shooter sequel. Here's the news:

On August 30th, 2011 Tripwire Interactive will give you the opportunity to experience war in a whole new way with the release of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. PC Gamer declared Red Orchestra 2 "a generational leap for WWII shooters. It simply has the most impressive systems Iíve seen in an FPS." The game will be available simultaneously worldwide through Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/) and other digital outlets, as well as in retail stores across the world, all on August 30th, 2011. MSRP will be $39.99 for the USA, with appropriate local pricing for other territories.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 18:49 RaZ0r!

Shooter of the year.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 17:23 ASeven

I'll see if I can find the video of John blowing a building up in the alpha but he did say in one of Bash's interview thaqt the game had full destruction, though it can't rival RFA destruction engine, don't think any game can rival that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkzC2QMLZ7Q

6:45, alpha destruction of a house. They have made destruction bettere in the beta so this destruction was still in development. Beta testers say the destruction is much much better now.

13. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:49 DangerDog

Yeah, last I heard it had "micro" destruction but not complete building collapse type destruction.  

12. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:34 SectorEffector

Overon wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 16:20:
ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 12:02:
Full destruction, modtools, server files ranked and unranked, this is the most pure PC game in years.

And s, the game has full destruction.
\

Full destruction? Huh? I don't think it's like Red Faction series... in terms of destruction but show me that I am wrong and I will acknowledge it.

I just presented that argument in another thread but apparently I was told there is a gameplay vid out there that shows full destruction.

Just about anything Tripwire is an instant buy! Love the ironsights, and scope possibility with the same gun. Love how this game is looking, and I loved the original when it was still a mod, before it won the "make something unreal" contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

11. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:20 Overon

Full destruction, modtools, server files ranked and unranked, this is the most pure PC game in years.

Full destruction? Huh? I don't think it's like Red Faction series in terms of destruction but show me that I am wrong and I will acknowledge it.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2011, 17:12.

10. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:15 Overon

If you have Red Orchestra or Killing Floor, you know that for these developers, when you buy their games, you are purchasing a long term investement that keeps on giving. They release shitloads of patches and content after release very much like old school PC developers 10 years ago.

CD Projekt Red and Tripwire Interactive are people I feel good about giving money too.

And it's 40 bucks not $50 or %60 like so many console and PC games these days.

9. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 14:05 Krovven

Loved the infantry focused mod, hated when they added tanks, hated Ostfront both infantry and tanks.

Watched a gameplay video, looks like they have fixed many of the problems I had with the way infantry played. Cover system could be decent, could be annoying. Tank gameplay is way too sim like for me, I'm simply not interested in that aspect of the game.

I still won't be picking this up at launch. Will check it out when there is a demo or free weekend.

BF3 is still going to be my MP game of choice this fall.

8. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 13:58 Verno

The first game didn't really grab me but I'll give this a shot because it seems like there is a lot of improvement.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

7. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 13:55 Techie714 ©

This is a day 1 purchase..nuff said!

REALISM FTW!!!!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 13:50 DangerDog

That's cutting it close, BF3 beta in September. I'd pre-order it now if it meant getting into the beta test for RO2.  

5. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 13:31 ASeven

MajorD wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:24:
.....modtools, server files ranked and unranked, this is the most pure PC game in years.

That's because it isn't owned and publised by Activision.

...and it never will.

Indies FTFW!

4. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 13:24 MajorD

.....modtools, server files ranked and unranked, this is the most pure PC game in years.

That's because it isn't owned and publised by Activision.

3. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 12:56 TychoCelchuuu

How pumped am I? So pumped.  

2. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 12:02 ASeven

1. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 11:53 Nurgel

Looks awesome, can't wait.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo