Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quote of the Day

"But I think it is an unfair characterization to say that that’s all we’ve got. ...You’re going to see a pretty big investment in a new IP in Skylanders. You’re going to see us doubling down on Prototype with Prototype 2. You’re going to see Bungie coming in the coming months and years - that’s a huge investment in new intellectual property and a new gaming universe. These are all things that take real innovation." -- Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg on accusations that Activision only supports their two big IPs.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 09:09 Prez

Boy, that press release only served to accentuate the very point he was trying to refute. I do want to see Prototype 2, but this is another case where it would have been better to say nothing.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 08:49 OldScho0l

Thank God for Blue and his news! This is the only place I/we can go to express my/our true fealings about the current state of things. If I/you try to post even the slightest of negative comments on the Blizzard forums or other places like it, I/we get an insta-ban for a week. This makes me want to nuke Blizzard and all of it's ass-hats off the face of the Earth. %^&*ing @#$%suckers! I wish that some terrorist group would target these gaming companies. That would make for some great entertainment.
So thank you Blue for letting us express ourselves here! It's my favorite place to vent.

13. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 08:43 OldScho0l

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:45:
Look at all this new IP we've got coming! We've got Skylanders that nobody's ever heard of, and then, and then... then we've got Prototype 2, which, you know, is a sequel to an existing IP, so not really new, but I'm really running out of stuff to work with...

OH! And then there's Bungie's stuff! Yeah! It's gonna be like Call of Duty in space! So take that!

Seriously, everyone at Activision should just shut the fuck up. Every time they talk to someone, they just dig that hole deeper. Be glad there's 15 million people who love spending 60 bucks every year on the same game, and revel in it. Don't apologize for it. Just say "Fuck yeah we only release Call of Duty. A billion bucks a year, baby! Suck it!"

At least they'd be honest.

Creston

So true! LMAO

12. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 08:41 OldScho0l

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:11:
What is this? Whiny bitch day over at Activision HQ? Truth hurts, huh? Sounds like they're starting to ramp up some PR BS to try and convince themselves and everyone else they don't suck as bad as they do.

Great comment! thanks!

11. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 05:12 Titus

Look, a totally new IP is born by not including the subtitle 'Spyro's Adventure' !  

10. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 21, 2011, 02:34 Slashman

^mortis^ wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 23:40:
uhh...
http://www.skylandersgame.com/

i mean, that CAN'T be what he's talking about, right?!

^m^

Yes...yes it is!

9. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 23:40 ^mortis^

uhh...
http://www.skylandersgame.com/

i mean, that CAN'T be what he's talking about, right?!

^m^

8. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 23:38 StingingVelvet

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:09:
I think if it wasn't for Blizzard and Modern Warfare, their ass would be grass right now.

The reality is they are coasting on these two while they try to build future franchises. Nothing is brewing yet though.

7. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:55 space captain

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:45:
Look at all this new IP we've got coming! We've got Skylanders that nobody's ever heard of, and then, and then... then we've got Prototype 2, which, you know, is a sequel to an existing IP, so not really new, but I'm really running out of stuff to work with...

they are gonna fucking double down, man! DOUBLE DOWN!

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:45 Creston

OH! And then there's Bungie's stuff! Yeah! It's gonna be like Call of Duty in space! So take that!

Seriously, everyone at Activision should just shut the fuck up. Every time they talk to someone, they just dig that hole deeper. Be glad there's 15 million people who love spending 60 bucks every year on the same game, and revel in it. Don't apologize for it. Just say "Fuck yeah we only release Call of Duty. A billion bucks a year, baby! Suck it!"

At least they'd be honest.

Creston

5. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:35 finga

I think if it wasn't for Blizzard and Modern Warfare, their ass would be grass right now.
Yeah, but they knew that they'd be able to rely on those for 2011 while they invest in big projects for the future. Plus, they do have games coming this year, like new X-Men and Spider-Man games, along with Spyro, and while Spider-Man seems like the gameplay innovation is low, the other two do not.

No one seems to be suggesting that they will solely rely on these two franchises until they die.

4. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:28 MajorD

I totally agree!

3. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:26 MajorD

'Quote of the Day'? Since this is this clowns second smoke screen today, maybe it should be entitled 'AssClown of the Day'.

2. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:11 Cutter

What is this? Whiny bitch day over at Activision HQ? Truth hurts, huh? Sounds like they're starting to ramp up some PR BS to try and convince themselves and everyone else they don't suck as bad as they do.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 20, 2011, 19:09 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo