Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chinese TF2 Knockoff

Final Combat is a Chinese game that bears a startling resemblance to a certain multiplayer shooter. Most of the page can't be machine translated due to the use of Flash, but there's a trailer that shows the games obvious Team Fortress 2 influence, which only becomes more apparent as one clicks the various links. Thanks Gamepro.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 18:03 space captain

chinese are funny they talk like "ching chong chang chung" and shit  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 16:59 Cornholio

InBlack,

You must have something against "western culture", I never cited those flaws as parts of western culture. I stated earlier that all people are pretty much assholes regardless of race/culture but you were presenting asians as a holy grail. Also, no where in there did I claim ALL OF them were messed up. Many of them yup, it's better than the states though.

"Its not the japanese who come across as rascist from your descriptions, its the alienated guy who lives among them who does"

If I was a racist would I continue to live here, and love it, for 9 years? Am I ignoring that it exists in the culture? No. It's there but I would rather acknowledge that a problem exists than pretend it doesn't. The robot comment... Japan has those tendencies, China has them but no as much, Taiwan? not so much. Singapore? not so much. Korea? Depends on where you go. Thailand? nope. Malaysia? Nope.

I also pointed out your misconceptions of japanese culture.

"Ever walked around in America and been told to "Go fucking home to your own country" or "I killed your dad in Vietnam"? There's racism everywhere; at least they're talking about chopsticks and not being assholes."

Change America with Japan and Vietnam with China/Philippines/Korea. The chopsticks was just a quick example.

Heard and heard it said to others.

23. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 16:28 Yifes

Cornholio wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 03:08:
Ever been stared at while eating because someone is amazed you can use chopsticks and then they inform you "wow, I didn't think people like you could use chopsticks".
They're polite about it but they are racists... chinese/japanese/koreans many of them think they are superior to others.

Not all of them are racists but many are.

Ever walked around in America and been told to "Go fucking home to your own country" or "I killed your dad in Vietnam"? There's racism everywhere; at least they're talking about chopsticks and not being assholes.

This blatant IP theft is a phase of a newly developing economy, not a reflection on culture or tradition. Just like Samuel Slater and other fathers of American industry stole their ideas and technology from the British, China is stealing ours. As the domestic Chinese gaming industry develops, and they start caring more about protecting their IP rights, we'll see this shit less and less often.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2011, 16:35.

22. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 10:30 InBlack

So basically you are saying that the "young" Japanese are basically taking the worst of western norms of behaviour and making them their own??

Look dude. I know you live there, and in all certainty you know the way they behave much better than anyone else who doesnt. But the thing is....people act like assholes everywhere and you are making it out to be a national thing, a "race" thing....thats why Im arguing with you in the first place. Its not the japanese who come across as rascist from your descriptions, its the alienated guy who lives among them who does.

I didnt even want to get into the damn race argument in the first place, but these broad generalistic statements piss me off.

I used to live in South Africa, as a white male who lived there right at the end of apartheid for about 5 years I have a lot of opinions about that country and Im not afraid to say that some of them are plainly prejudiced, but I dont go around claiming that all South African blacks are lazy, stupid and dangerous...

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 10:07 Cornholio

"Japanese culture in particular is famous for its tradition of selflesness"

Maybe in the past but not now... if it was raining and someones car broke down on the expressway in the rain they just keep driving. Seen it many times. Selfless? nope.

"Bushido, and the notion of self-sacrifice for the good of the whole is something that is still deeply rooted in their tradition Im sure you would agree. "

Umm... I disagree. The newer generations are nothing like the older ones. Those old beliefs are pretty much dead, yeah they still take pride in their history but that is something completely different.

Your statement there is the typical mentality of someone who has never really seen Japan. I live here. I work with Japanese. I shouldn't have to explain this.

Just because I know a few swedes doesn't mean I understand their culture.

20. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 08:56 Verno

Suckage wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 08:13:
Besides... who doesn't steal ideas?

Stealing ideas is a bit different from stealing art assets, level design and so on. The Chinese are well known for stealing IP, it's a cliche for a reason. Given that North America isn't exactly the manufacturing powerhouse it used to be, we tend to get a bit defensive when people steal the few things we have going for our international trading potential.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

19. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 08:13 Suckage

Besides... who doesn't steal ideas?  

18. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 05:56 InBlack

Where I live is beside the point, I too work closely with a Japanese researcher and have several asian friends. Just because they are a very closed off culture doesnt mean they are racist.

Obviously there are a lot of different individuals but Im talking culture here as you are. Japanese culture in particular is famous for its tradition of selflesness. Bushido, and the notion of self-sacrifice for the good of the whole is something that is still deeply rooted in their tradition Im sure you would agree.

In translation that means that they have no qualms about copying something if it works better, and why would they I mean its logical isnt it? I have great admiration for their culture, but saying that they are robots is just plain igorant, especially as you acknowledge that they are people just as we are.

17. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 05:08 Cornholio

InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:
Im also sick of these Asians are robots etc. bullshit statements.

They arent robots, they simply lack our fucking narcisitic notions about how wonderful and individualistic everything must be.

The chinese had a developed civilization, gunpowder and the largest naval fleet ever while Europeans were still playing with sticks in forrests...

No they do not lack narcissism. They are people just like everyone else but with a different culture... and racism is kinda accepted. There are many selfish, narcissistic, and materialistic people in Asia. Just like every where else.

Question for you inblack? where do you live? I work with Japanese every day.

16. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 04:32 InBlack

Im also sick of these Asians are robots etc. bullshit statements.

They arent robots, they simply lack our fucking narcisitic notions about how wonderful and individualistic everything must be.

The chinese had a developed civilization, gunpowder and the largest naval fleet ever while Europeans were still playing with sticks in forrests...

15. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 04:28 InBlack

As far as I am concerned let them. If they can copy it and do it better wonderful. Everyone does it anyway. Its just done more subtly here in the west where everyone has gigantic EGO fucking maniac issues about their copyrights.

Remember the term Doom clone? What about Dune2 clone? How bout Starcraft clone? How bout WoW clone?

14. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 03:08 Cornholio

I bet this gets deleted, just like when I made fun of my own heritage before and it was deleted, but that robot comment is not too far off.

I live in s.e. asia, have done so for 9 years now, and I think people would be shocked at how true the robot comment was.

But Japan is the worst about it though.

You can call it racist if you want but their society is different. They are pretty much brought to be part of the machine.

If you want to meet the nicest racists come to S.E. ASIA... I have been told I can't go into a place, multiple times, because I am a foreigner. Ever been stared at while eating because someone is amazed you can use chopsticks and then they inform you "wow, I didn't think people like you could use chopsticks".
They're polite about it but they are racists... chinese/japanese/koreans many of them think they are superior to others.

Not all of them are racists but many are.

I love the country and deal with it but do I pretend it doesn't exist? No. It's there but I find ways to deal with it.

13. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 02:24 S2M

I have no idea how such a buffoon became not only a captain, but a SPACE CAPTAIN :p  
The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

12. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 01:05 space captain

Yifes wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 23:38:
It's not the first time in history that legal enforcements of IP rights has lagged behind rampant capitalism. Europeans would have said the same thing of America back at the turn of the century.

before they starting buying americas light bulbs, phones, cars, computers, etc. etc. because they couldnt invent the shit themselves

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 17, 2011, 00:08 rist3903

Jesus, is it possible for me to go online and not see at least one grotesquely racist message per day?

Welcome to the internet.

As far as the game goes, can anyone translate that video? I am wondering why the blue soldier with the Hitler mustache is speaking to a platoon of red soldiers.

Female sniper! I hope Valve steals that right back.

10. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 16, 2011, 23:38 Yifes

Surf wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 21:25:
No shit, most robotic race of ALL time. All they do is let other develop and research products of all kinds. Then, they produce it, steal the idea, and bam, build a WORSE mouse trap.

Chinese refuse to think outside of the box, warped.

Classy. Maybe we should talk about how all black people are lazy drug dealers.

It's not the first time in history that legal enforcements of IP rights has lagged behind rampant capitalism. Europeans would have said the same thing of America back at the turn of the century.

9. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 16, 2011, 23:00 ^mortis^

...but will they sell hats?
it's not a clone if there aren't any useless things to buy.

^m^

8. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 16, 2011, 22:52 Charlie_Six

Jesus, is it possible for me to go online and not see at least one grotesquely racist message per day?

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

7. Re: Chinese TF2 Knockoff Jun 16, 2011, 22:46 Bumpy

Ummm, why? Is TF2 not translated properly to Chinese? I don't quite see where the business model is going with this game when its a near exact copy of something already out.

I suppose people keep buying CoD games that are near copies of the previous installments so why not, eh.

6. removed Jun 16, 2011, 22:29 [VG]Reagle

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 17, 2011, 01:07.

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo