Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced

Activision announces the Annihilation content pack will launch first for the Xbox 360 edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops on June 28th, before presumably launching for Windows and PlayStation 3 at some point after that. The DLC will add four new multiplayer maps and more zombie action to the military shooter sequel. "With Annihilation, Black Ops fans will get four exciting and unique multiplayer settings with Hangar 18, Drive-In, Silo and Hazard," said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. "Players will also enjoy an all-new Zombies experience, Shangri-La, an exotic and mysterious map filled with deadly traps, dark secrets and innovative gameplay that will challenge even the most daring Zombie hunters."

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 23:04 ZenFury

Another one already?Just one more and the game will cost $120!Console ppl can have this joke of a game.All previous versions of CoD are dead/dying/hackfests.Brink and Homefront fizzled.CS = corny graphics and tons of hackers.I'm moving on to Red Orchestra 2[a REAL pc game with some killer mods already in the work],and then maybe BF3 later on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 20:57 Blackhawk

Unfortunately, with multiplayer games, voting with your wallet often means quitting the game entirely, as the servers generally run with the DLC.  

23. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 19:14 Ventura

I hate DLC so much.

Guys, it's not like you have to buy it.

I picked up the first DLC offering, First Strike, but didn't pick up Escalation, and have no intention of grabbing this one either. Like others I don't consider 5 maps for $15 to be a particularly good deal, and like someone else said also, I'll just vote with my wallet.

There must be those that think it is a good deal though, because they wouldn't keep bringing out these little packs otherwise. Personally, I think they should price these things at closer to $5; they'd probably get so many more purchases that they'd still make as much money as before, and it wouldn't splinter the online community nearly as much.

I hvae no problem with them releasing this much DLC, but I do think the RRP of the main game should be lowered to compensate. Black Ops is still $89.99 on Steam for Aussies, which is just crazy. If someone wanted to get straight into the game and all the DLC (including this new Annihilation), they'd be looking at damn near $135. That's just fucking mental. Each time a $15 pack of DLC is released, the price of the game should come down by at least $10.

Ultimately though, vote with your wallet. Eventually, if enough people stop buying it, they'll get the hint.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2011, 22:13.

22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 18:22 xXBatmanXx

Paging Beagle who will sit in here and yell at all of us that we just complain because he is awesome at the game and we all suck so that is why we complain. What a douche.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:59 Kxmode

If this has DRM I'm calling it BOA constrictor.  

20. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:47 Respen

Wether or not elite subscriptions would give you the DLC for free is moot. They are both cash grabs, and yes they can be cumulative in some circumstances. If your elite status isn't active when the DLC is given out and you decided to go back to the game; you'd still have to pay for the DLC you missed AND a subscription fee for elite to get the full game experience.  

19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:30 Dades

Teddy wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 16:10:
Cute, except they already said that you get them for free if you subscribe to elite. I don't intend to buy MW3, much less pay for elite but making shit up about a company because you don't like them is pretty pathetic. Activision does enough to inspire hate, they really don't need your help, or lies to do that.

I assume you're referencing someone else because I didn't say anything about which specific method they went with. What I said was they are going to choose the path that makes them the most money. $15 once or a subscription that can last years? Which makes Activision more money? They aren't giving away the DLC, it's part of the service and like most things Activision both are designed to fleece you.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:20 Tumbler

This is the third pack, right? So this is $60 + $15 + $15 + $15, right? I am curious to play the game with all these maps....but paying 45 bucks.....pshhh Hahaha. Infamous is a far better deal assuming you get some credits for buying it. Incredible game all around. I finished my first play through and I can't wait to go evil and do it all over.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:10 Teddy

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 16:00:
Teddy wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 15:58:
Pretty sure they said that elite subscriptions would give you the dlc without additional cost.

This is pretty easy to figure out. Which method would make Activision more money? That's the one they're choosing.

Cute, except they already said that you get them for free if you subscribe to elite. I don't intend to buy MW3, much less pay for elite but making shit up about a company because you don't like them is pretty pathetic. Activision does enough to inspire hate, they really don't need your help, or lies to do that.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 16:00 Dades

Teddy wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 15:58:
Pretty sure they said that elite subscriptions would give you the dlc without additional cost.

This is pretty easy to figure out. Which method would make Activision more money? That's the one they're choosing.

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 15:58 Teddy

Respen wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 14:49:
I'm voting with my wallet. Elite online gaming services for a fee in addition to this 15 bucks a shot for DLC is ridiculous. I miss the days when I could go back to a game I hadn't touched in 6 months and have a blast... now I have to pay 60 bucks again to go back because of the DLC I missed.

I'm sorry but my PC isn't a slot machine, I'm not THAT addicted that I can't say no and it has no coin slot for all of his nickel and dime bullshit. Fuck Activision and CoD, Battlefield is on a slippery slope as well.

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 15:35 Dmitri_M

The names for these titles are completely interchangeable I can't keep up.  

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 14:49 Respen

I'm voting with my wallet. Elite online gaming services for a fee in addition to this 15 bucks a shot for DLC is ridiculous. I miss the days when I could go back to a game I hadn't touched in 6 months and have a blast... now I have to pay 60 bucks again to go back because of the DLC I missed.

I'm sorry but my PC isn't a slot machine, I'm not THAT addicted that I can't say no and it has no coin slot for all of his nickel and dime bullshit. Fuck Activision and CoD, Battlefield is on a slippery slope as well.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 14:27 Omni

Just fucking absurd at this point. But can you blame them? They make tons of money off this shit. It's just mind boggling.

Yup but is just sad that most gamers keeps supporting them. Back in the days map were made by the community and were free. I don't mind that they are making money is just the way they are doing and keep doing it for nothing more than profit.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 13:48 nazari

SirKnight wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 13:11:
The thing I do like about it is the server browser. I can't seem to find one in MW2 (which I got in a recent 50% off sale on steam) so joining a MP game there has been lame.

It's because MW2 does not have servers. Its hosted by peers you are playing against or yourself. That's why it's a piece of garbage, or one of the reasons, at least. I was not impressed with blackops at all. Same old COD, the game isn't much of an fps at this point, its about getting the most killstreak rewards.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 13:45 Elessar

Omni wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 13:41:
omgomg MORE DLC!!!!1

fuck me senseless bring back the old days...
Just fucking absurd at this point. But can you blame them? They make tons of money off this shit. It's just mind boggling.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 13:41 Omni

omgomg MORE DLC!!!!1

fuck me senseless bring back the old days...

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 13:11 SirKnight

I bought Black Ops on the recent steam sale during the free MP weekend they had. The MP is not all that bad (but still not as fun to me as TF2). Reminds me of CS in a way (MW did too). I had a fairly decent time in MP during that free weekend so I figured what the hell. The thing I do like about it is the server browser. I can't seem to find one in MW2 (which I got in a recent 50% off sale on steam) so joining a MP game there has been lame.

I played some DNF MP last night and while it was kind of interesting overall it was laggy and just didn't feel right. It's shocking for me to say this, but I have a lot more fun in CoD MP. I'm usually very critical of CoD due to the direction its SP has gone and MP is something I don't play that much.

Still, I rarely buy DLC and the few times I did it was on a sale where it was extremely cheap. For the most part though, paying for DLC is just lame. Especially at the prices it's usually set at.

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 12:43 Bumpy

Droves of people buy it[nickel and dime DLC] and support it.

It must be a good thing.

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 12:08 Jdrez

Can't believe they have the balls to give four maps and a couple mode additions a title as if it was an expansion pack.

I hate DLC so much.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo