Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

2K on DNF PR

2K games sends along a statement disavowing the Redner Group's comments about Duke Nukem Forever reviews and saying this has caused them to end their relationship with the PR Firm:

2K Games does not endorse the comments made by Jim Redner and we can confirm that The Redner Group no longer represents our products. We have always maintained a mutually-respectful working relationship with the press and do not condone his actions in any way.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 16, 2011, 09:19 Mr. Tact

Overon wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:29:
Quick damage control. This is sad. Another example where social media gets you in trouble.
I like Jim Rome's spin on Twitter, "It is like a loaded gun without a safety."

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 16, 2011, 02:58 Fantaz

Best thing for 2K to do is to give beer to all the game industry like they did at E3. Lets all get drunk and forget!  

28. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 20:42 space captain

so, 2K used the same PR firm as this person: http://www.samanthabrett.com/ ?

hmm, i wonder why they got fucked over

Go forth, and kill!

27. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 20:29 Hoop

*Click*
uh-oh spaghetti-o's
Get me a PR firm stat!

Um .. Behind you...

26. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 20:19 xXBatmanXx

"You're Fired!"  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 17:31 jacobvandy

That's the cool thing about buying your own games, you don't have to worry about what the publisher thinks if you give it a bad review.  

24. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 17:31 Jdrez

Kajetan wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:18:
Hehe, what an amateur Lesson learned i hope ... if not, meh. There too many incompetent marketing guys around.

There are too many marketing guys around. FTFY.

23. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 17:30 Pete

It's the golden rule of business: Never put anything in writing you don't want the whole world to read. Because you'd be surprised how often it makes it back to someone who wasn't supposed to read it.
Very foolish mistake with very real consequences.

Doin' it Big

22. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:55 nin

2K Games does not endorse the comments made by Jim Redner and we can confirm that The Redner Group no longer represents our products.

Ole!

edit:
This is sad. Another example where social media gets you in trouble. When you make a comment, someone somewhere can make a copy no matter how fast you take it down.

It's the golden rule of business: Never put anything in writing you don't want the whole world to read. Because you'd be surprised how often it makes it back to someone who wasn't supposed to read it.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

21. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:45 ASeven

Truth be told, I've dealt with a lot of PR agencies and they really are all full of stupid people.  

20. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:16 Quboid

Teddy wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:23:
I'm not ordinarily one to laugh at another's misfortune, but I have a REAL dislike for PR suits. The irony of a PR person making a rash and completely unnecessary comment that costs them their business just makes me smile.

Don't worry, this isn't misfortune. This is his own doing, so you and I can laugh guilt free. Bwahahaha!

- Quboid

19. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:06 Verno

There are definitely reviewers I would not bother sending copies to if I ran a game company. Jim Sterling is probably the perfect example.

He's going to review the game one way or the other, you might as well get the goodwill points from sending him a copy. The only way to hide a bad game is to embargo it from everyone and the press takes a disdainful look at companies who get selective. The industry aren't the only ones who play favorites. If it was me I'd send everyone a copy including Yahtzee and Destructoid.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

18. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:06 Creston

briktal wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:58:
In Twitter veritas.

Bravo.

Creston

17. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 16:04 Creston

Ahahahahahaha.

"We're going to make sure you don't get any more games! SEE HOW BIG MY E-PENIS IS!!! Wait, what? We don't have any more clients?"

The fucking moron toolbag.

Creston

16. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:58 briktal

In Twitter veritas.  

15. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:57 StingingVelvet

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:48:
Exactly. From what I've read on some other forums, this attitude towards the press is pretty common for Take-Two. The only reason they fired the agency this time is because he revealed that publicly.

There are definitely reviewers I would not bother sending copies to if I ran a game company. Jim Sterling is probably the perfect example.

Duke was bashed by pretty much everyone though, it's not some isolated thing you can put on a few bad reviewers.

14. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:48 Parallax Abstraction

Dev wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:28:
His only mistake was saying it in a publicly accessible format.

How dare anyone pull that curtain up to reveal whats behind it.

Exactly. From what I've read on some other forums, this attitude towards the press is pretty common for Take-Two. The only reason they fired the agency this time is because he revealed that publicly.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

13. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:47 Dev

ASeven wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:35:
DNF is NOT a game you want to be fired for.
LOL good point. I think the same thing when I see people get in trouble from **AA for torrenting stuff, its usually for something thats total crap.

12. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:47 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 15:30:
Losing 2K does not leave a lot on this guy's client page: http://www.therednergroup.com/clients.html

It also leaves him with a pretty crappy website.

Yeah, and anyone that stupid working in PR shouldn't be in PR in the first place.

Haha, are you kidding? Please, keep all of the stupid people in PR where they can do the least damage.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

11. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:35 ASeven

DNF is NOT a game you want to be fired for.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo