Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews

This interview on Gaming Illustrated was conducted at E3 where BioWare's James Ohlen spoke with them about Star Wars: The Old Republic, the upcoming Force-powered MMORPG. Topics include the reaction to the game's E3 showing, how they are ensuring the game will have enough content upon launch, the story, advanced classes, operations, what he will do once the game is out, what he would say to people waiting for the beta, and more. There's also a video interview on G4tv.com from E3 talking with Blaine Christine. Word is: "He talks to us a little bit about player vehicles and companion characters-- and he also gives us some insight on how Bioware's going to meet everyone's expectations. His thoughts? 'Don't worry; we've got it handled'."

View
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Jun 15, 2011, 04:11 Cutter

Blegvad wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:43:
Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 20:28:
James Ohlen: Well I have to say that when this game comes out, I think they’re going to have their ultimate dream Star Wars experience be what this game is to them. They’re going to be blown away when they have a chance to play it. It’s a really fun experience.

I somehow doubt that. And apparently it seems most other people do at this point. The amount of marketing speak and BS in that article really does make it seem that EA/Bioware are pretty much in panic mode at this point. The delay seems to be more an internal question if shoveling more money and time at this will save it at this point. Sure doesn't seem that way from everything we've seen and heard so far.

That is speculative poppycock.

Did they get hounded by the press at E3 about the release date? Of course they did. The fans of the game are working themselves into a frenzy on the official forums over every tidbit of information, which shockingly is exactly like EVERY OTHER MMO FORUM. To read "panic mode" into what amounts to nothing more than a vanilla PR interview is making an absurd leap to say the least.

I'm a long time reader of this site (since 1997) and I'm frankly amazed at the vitriolic hate that is unleashed at SWTOR in the comments section here practically every time there some sort of news update about the game. The conspiracy theory / EA Louse crowd needs to get a grip. It's a vanilla MMO that has some variants on a tried and true theme - is this what is driving you all so crazy?

Blue - long time fan and since the above post finally made me register, I just want to say thanks! Been reading you off and on since the days of hardcore Quake CTF ruled my gaming time.

Well that's your opinion. Mine is - from everything I've seen in read in honest previews and just opinions around the net in general is most people are entirely underwhelmed with what they've seen so far.

Bioware's quality has gone down measurably since the EA takeover, and it's obvious to anyone with half-a-brain - fanboys excluded of course, they'll eat crap and still call it ice cream no matter what.
It isn't driving us crazy. We find it laughable, and somewhat pitiable that Bioware has fallen so far. You just keep enjoying your crap er, ice cream though, Scooter. Most of us have more discerning taste.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 14, 20:28 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Cutter
  3. Jun 15, 00:43  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Blegvad
  4. Jun 15, 01:11   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Esoteric
  7. Jun 15, 07:28    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Jonny
>> 5. Jun 15, 04:11   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Cutter
  6. Jun 15, 05:56    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews InBlack
  9. Jun 15, 08:36    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Xombie
  10. Jun 15, 09:26     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews wtf_man
  13. Jun 15, 10:01    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Blegvad
  14. Jun 15, 15:52     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Cutter