Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups

Activision's Dan Amrich blogs about the strong response to beta signups for Call of Duty: Elite, the recently announced paid service connected to the Call of Duty series of military first-person shooters (thanks VG247). He also reveals the beta should commence in the middle of next month, saying: "More than 2 million gamers have signed up at callofduty.com/elite so far and they hit that number in less than two weeks. That should give the dev team at Beachhead plenty to work with to kick off the beta, which officially starts July 14."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 18:04 Dev

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 15:14:
I find it difficult to believe that size of the CoD playerbase both has awareness about this and all went to sign up.
I think the player base is more 20+ million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2
20 million as of almost exactly 1 year ago for mw2.

So this is only about 10% of playerbase.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 15:14 Verno

I find it difficult to believe that size of the CoD playerbase both has awareness about this and all went to sign up.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

10. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 13:43 Creston

Dev wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 04:51:
2 million before it even starts. That should answer any questions about clamoring.

Why yes, they are indeed clamoring to line up and spend the money.

Like I said, Cocktick knows full well how to get money for the least amount of actual content or service. 12 million people buy the same game over and over again every year, it wasn't hard to figure out that a subset of those people would gladly spend even MORE money on anything related to it.

That said, this is a free beta. I'm sure there's plenty of people just checking out the beta to see if it's actually worth paying for.

creston

9. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 08:10 Mr. Tact

Yep. As silly as the idea sounds to me, apparently 2 million people don't think it's silly. *shrug*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 04:51 Dev

2 million before it even starts. That should answer any questions about clamoring.

Why yes, they are indeed clamoring to line up and spend the money.

7. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 01:01 Ventura

this new game is still using the old old old old engine and how sad is that, when all these games are basically the same.

In all fairness, it still looks reasonably impressive though, and at least what we've seen thus far was running on the consoles. In retrospect, the vast majority of Battlefield 3 footage we've seen was from the pc version of the game.

I'm not having a go, but on 360 and ps3 hardware, how much more does it have to give?

6. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 00:20 Tumbler

I'm guessing this beta will be for black ops then?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 14, 2011, 00:18 Jackplug

if anyone pays for this, they gotta be sad or to young to realise that their not gonna get anything from activripoff. I wouldn't mind but this new game is still using the old old old old engine and how sad is that, when all these games are basically the same.

Just shows the level of intelligence of the gamers who are buying these cod games...

4. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 13, 2011, 23:17 Cornholio

I'm pretty sure beagle is serious and in no way being sarcastic.
Having seen his past comments on how he thinks MW is the epitome of skill, and awesomeness, in gaming.

3. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 13, 2011, 22:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 22:12:
Oh ya BABY BRING IT ON!

Rofl, are you being sarcastic? Why are you so eager to pay for something that was previously free? Actually, don't bother answering, there is no logical response supporting your position.

2. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 13, 2011, 22:12 [VG]Reagle

Oh ya BABY BRING IT ON!  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

1. Re: COD Elite Beta Next Month - 2 Million Signups Jun 13, 2011, 22:11 [VG]Reagle

Sign me up! I am ready to roll!  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo