Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Delayed

RAGE has suffered a bit of a delay, as the game's official website for now reflects a new October 4, 2011 release date for id Software's upcoming first-person shooter on all platforms. The game was previously expected in the U.S. on September 13th, and in Europe on September 16th, so the presumably the new European date is October 7th. The delay is so-far unannounced, so it is unexplained.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. WoW Jun 12, 2011, 11:12 Ant

"Not enough Rage." --World of Warcraft (WoW) warrior.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 19:50 Jerykk

Beelzebud wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 11:31:
Sealing the grave on EP3? I guess that depends on how you comprehend their statements on single player games. Would you call EP1 and 2 "isolated single player games"? Even with the addition of Alex, Barney, and Dog helping you along?

They didn't say they were done with single player. They said they were done with "isolated experiences". I think they've been on that road for a long time, which is exactly why EP3 is taking awhile. You can't just shit out a game experience that has useful sidekicks that don't annoy you to death.

I'm pretty sure that's not what they were talking about when when they said "isolated experience." I think they were talking about games that only have single-player. In the future, they'll make sure to include some kind of multiplayer component, whether that be competitive or co-op. That's why Portal 2 added co-op.

16. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 12:50 Wildone

((((((((((RAGE QUIT )))))))))))))))  

15. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 11:31 Beelzebud

Sealing the grave on EP3? I guess that depends on how you comprehend their statements on single player games. Would you call EP1 and 2 "isolated single player games"? Even with the addition of Alex, Barney, and Dog helping you along?

They didn't say they were done with single player. They said they were done with "isolated experiences". I think they've been on that road for a long time, which is exactly why EP3 is taking awhile. You can't just shit out a game experience that has useful sidekicks that don't annoy you to death.

14. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 10:51 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 09:24:
and clearly PC games are losing interest for valve.

clearly
Rolleyes

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

13. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 10:00 Bumpy

I wonder if the PC version will have proper adjustments. 3 weeks sounds about right to alter UI, FOV and stuff.  

12. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 09:42 Fion

Yea the game is shaping up nicely IMHO. Looks like a lot of fun besides just a ground breaking engine. I suspect the date pushback was to avoid being rolled on consoles by GoW3.  

11. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 09:24 Dev

Moved my comment to the proper place after blue fixed it.
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122626/steam-facebook-linking

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2011, 17:16.

10. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 09:07 Shadowcat

Yeah, I'm unexpectedly interested in Rage. I already knew the environments would be beautiful, but I was surprised by how good the shooting action looked in a recent video. It certainly seemed more varied and frantic than I was anticipating.

Here's hoping that Id has retained enough of its original PC focus to produce a worthy PC version. Thus far, I'm quite optimistic.

9. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 09:02 Dev

Blue,
you merged the two stories here

8. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 07:59 Cornholio

One of the few shooters I'm actually curious about.
For the most part I could care less about modern shooters, except for the few exceptions.

7. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 05:30 Theo

Gears of War3; avoidance. fair shout really; given gears has a million preorders.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

6. No subject Jun 11, 2011, 03:44 AnointedSword

That is enough time to tweak the gameplay...OO fire....shoot....wait lets do fire..shoot instead... Oo Just saying...  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

5. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 03:34 Esoteric

I wonder why it's delayed. 3 weeks isn't much time to fix many game-related things. Not sure of the release schedule for other games this fall, could they be trying to avoid a crowded week/month?  

4. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 03:21 Kajetan

Grokk wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 03:14:
Wonder if it's going to be 3 weeks worth of more awesome?
With less button pressing?

3. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 03:14 Grokk

Wonder if it's going to be 3 weeks worth of more awesome?  

2. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 02:58 Cutter

Wonder if it's because of the Smashing Pumpkins.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 01:21 Alamar

Wonder if it's because you can carry more than two weapons ; )

-Alamar

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo