Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saint's Row: The Third in November

A Saints Row: The Third "Power CG" Trailer we missed when it was released last week on the Saints Row Videos Page offers a November 15, 2011 release date for the open world action sequel. This fits with the most recent news we had on the game, which said it would be out for this year's holiday season. On a related note, we also have some new Saints Row: The Third screenshots.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 12, 2011, 00:12 xXBatmanXx

I am a huge fan of these types of games, and welcome any new iteration of them. I enjoy SR games and GTA games equally, as they are both different types of the open world scenarios.

But I did think that SR2 was a very well done game. I really enjoy the vast amounts of side missions and things to do. They are very challenging.

This is going to be a very busy fall with lots of stuff to play!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 19:52 Mark

By coincidence I just completed Saints Row 2 last night. (Well, not 100%, just the main missions.) A fun experience, a little rough around the edges.  

12. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 19:09 Pineapple Ferguson

I could never get SR2 to run right on Win7, so I was never able to play it.  

11. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 19:02 mag

I've never played an SR game, but that was a pretty awesome trailer.  

10. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 18:39 space captain

yeh it plays the storyline loose and goofy.. but have you noticed how well choreographed the action in the cut scenes is? its packs alot of hong kong style action scenes in there, and for the most part they are really well done considering the technology

anyways, im also in the SR >>> GTA camp

cant wait for this one

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 18:33 Beamer

Saints Row has always been a more enjoyable franchise to me than GTA since the release of San Andreas. I am quite happy that it is, in fact, nothing like GTAIV.

I am looking forward to it and hope to see my old friend, Johnny Gat, again.

Every word as if I typed it.

I love this game, haven't loved a GTA since (and including) SA, and Johnny Gat is a huge reason I got sucked into the ridiculous plot of these games. They have the right mix of stupidity, absurdity, and drama involving characters you care about. You don't care about all, but some are voiced well enough for you to pump through missions just to see the next cut-scene. Gat and Michael Clark Duncan's characters did this in the first.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 17:37 Kythlyn

If everything stays on schedule, this november is going to set a record for the number of AAA to release in a single month.  

7. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 16:49 WyldKat

Curious to hear more about enhancements to CoOp play.

I hear they're axing the vs multiplayer modes, which I'm okay with really, I hope they've reinvested those resources into adding more to CoOp. Of course Saints Row 2 CoOp was pretty solid.

6. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 16:42 the_culture

my job/GF

I'm not buying it!

5. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 15:52 Verno

Haha, exactly Sphinx. I'm worried I will finish this game and my job/GF will be long gone. It looks too damned good to be true.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 15:35 Sphinx

I love this game so much. I'm worried though. I'm worried I might start playing and never stop.  
-Sphinx

3. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 15:11 Burrito of Peace

Saints Row has always been a more enjoyable franchise to me than GTA since the release of San Andreas. I am quite happy that it is, in fact, nothing like GTAIV.

I am looking forward to it and hope to see my old friend, Johnny Gat, again.

2. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 15:00 Halo

WyldKat wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 14:50:
Looking forward to this. The last game was simply fantastic at open-world mayhem and customization. Hopefully this game expands upon the customization.

My only gripes were how arcadey the vehicles handled as well as their extremely simplistic damage models, hopefully that'll become closer to GTA4 which perfected the balance between realism and fun with its vehicle physics/damage.

Saints Row has always prided itself with being the lightly opposite of GTA. It wanted to be how you described in the second paragraph, a more nonsensical open world action game, and not a gritty Hollywood version.

1. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 14:50 WyldKat

Looking forward to this. The last game was simply fantastic at open-world mayhem and customization. Hopefully this game expands upon the customization.

My only gripes were how arcadey the vehicles handled as well as their extremely simplistic damage models, hopefully that'll become closer to GTA4 which perfected the balance between realism and fun with its vehicle physics/damage.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo