Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer

There's a new Tatooine developer walkthrough video on the Star Wars: The Old Republic Website offering a look-see at Luke Skywalker's home world. Word is: "Deep under the blistering sands of Tatooine lies a research facility that was abandoned by the Czerka Corporation centuries ago under mysterious circumstances. The Empire believes the facility may hold the key to crushing the Republic once and for all. Watch Imperial players attempt to uncover these ancient secrets and the dangers that guard them."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 23:15 nin

Riker wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 22:30:
It's hard to see BioWare fuck up so badly like this. I just don't get it.

It's becoming fairly common. It's the new Bioware. Now we can safely skip their games and know we're not missing anything.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 22:30 Riker

It's hard to see BioWare fuck up so badly like this. I just don't get it.  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 14:13 saluk

The story looks well done. I wish I could just play through the story and skip the mmo part. And skip the monthly fee. Ug. This just feels wrong headed.  

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 10:39 Umbragen

At least we don't have to worry about this game offering up anything revolutionary... or, for that matter, anything really new.  

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 10:38 Darks

While I was at E3, I got a personal VIP invitation to go in and play he beta. UI can tell you now that the videos do this game no justice. itís much nicer playing it and the graphics are much nicer looking. The game play is defiantly MMO style. There is no way around that for an MMO. But I really enjoyed the Story lines and full on Dialog you get and choices for your party. They implemented a new UI that is very nice and streamlined. Game play was very smooth too. Your force powers and combat powers were nice. The combat was good too.

The different paths you take in customizing your char special abilities are very nice too. Lots of choices. The story driven instance we did was a lot of fun. You can call it WOW in space, but it didnít feel that way to me. Yes there are similarities, but isnít that the case with all MMOs?

People I know in the industry and because of the past Mod I made for Never Winter Nights got me my VIP invite. I was also invited into the beta by Greg and Dr Ray, one of the Co owners of Bioware. Canít beat that one!! Really nice guys.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 09:43 Fion

WyldKat wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 22:28:
I just hope this game doesn't dissuade people from making story driven MMOs in the future. That's the only thing TOR really has going for it, other of course, OMG STAR WARZ.

I wouldn't worry about that. Guild Wars 2 for example has a personal story system that branches out quite heavily actually. It isn't the focus of the game like ToR, but it's a big part of it.

I'm probably still gonna try this game and see how it is. Yes it looks like WoW in space but it may still be a decent MMOG. I mean look at Rift, it is very much a WoW clone, but the dynamic event system in the game makes it feel fresh enough that it has drawn a very large number of players.

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 10, 2011, 09:40 eRe4s3r

talking about bad HD steams, G4TV is the same, their "HD" steams are a joke compared to the HD streams on youtube. Makes you really wonder...  

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 22:43 entr0py

WyldKat wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 22:28:
It's always bugged me how bad their video streams were. It's like YouTube circa 2005.

Me too, until I noticed the download button on every video (down arrow icon). It's weird they only offer very low quality streaming or very high quality downloads. The DL version of that video is over 400 MB.

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 22:28 WyldKat

It's always bugged me how bad their video streams were. It's like YouTube circa 2005.

I just hope this game doesn't dissuade people from making story driven MMOs in the future. That's the only thing TOR really has going for it, other of course, OMG STAR WARZ. Graphics are a generation or so old, gameplay is just about as old, ship combat makes Asteroids look like a space simulator, PVP is generic, just ugh...

And need I mention the Sith "sorcerer" subclass? XD

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 22:09 Cutter

Epic fail! Epic!!!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo