Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details?

A post on eGamer lists various tidbits about Duke Nukem Forever from the contents of the demo for Gearbox Software's upcoming first-person shooter. They list clothing items, achievements, secret areas, names of multiplayer maps and game types, and more. This also includes three DLC listings which appear to be a weapon pack, a multiplayer map pack, and a single-player map pack. Thanks Eurogamer via BeyondUnreal.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 10, 2011, 03:16 xXBatmanXx

entr0py wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 18:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 12:47:
Add to that, the fact that they didn't release the demo public, so only people with half-a-clue where to get stuff played it by now.

And trust me, if you played the demo you wouldn't buy it, or if you do.. then that is just sad sad sad...

Yeah, that was a clever and devious bit of marketing. Apparently the idea was that only loyal converts should be in a position to talk about the demo, and anyone who's skeptical is excluded. Didn't quite pan out, but I don't think that will stop other developers from following suit.

THE DEMO IS THE GAME.

THe demo is actually a level in the game, nothing changed.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2011, 03:58.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 10, 2011, 01:13 Ant

I am still waiting for the free public demo so I can try it. Is it that linear like Call of Duty's single player games?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 19:58 Jonny

WyldKat wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 13:53:
I actually didn't finish the demo. The area with the pig cops was so linear, boring, and frustrating with the dodgy weird controls that I stopped playing.

I did the same. In particular the bit where you strafe out of cover shooting a hovering thing with rockets felt so familiar and dull that it put the final kybosh on the demo's already underwhelming fare.

21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 18:22 entr0py

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 12:47:
Add to that, the fact that they didn't release the demo public, so only people with half-a-clue where to get stuff played it by now.

And trust me, if you played the demo you wouldn't buy it, or if you do.. then that is just sad sad sad...

Yeah, that was a clever and devious bit of marketing. Apparently the idea was that only loyal converts should be in a position to talk about the demo, and anyone who's skeptical is excluded. Didn't quite pan out, but I don't think that will stop other developers from following suit.

20. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 15:35 bhcompy

Minuit wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 14:49:
Jonny5 wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 11:50:
the game gets so over the top fun it will be talked about a year from now!

You may be right. Even after eleven years, people are still talking about Daikatana.

You're still its bitch

19. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 15:13 xXBatmanXx

WyldKat wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 13:53:
I actually didn't finish the demo. The area with the pig cops was so linear, boring, and frustrating with the dodgy weird controls that I stopped playing.

Well....the full version is exactly the same.
Best way to describe the game: Postal 2 set in a Duke game.

It is a dodge, cover, regen, dodge, cover, regen.
Isn't challenging at all, but when you DO die, load times are horrific.

Has some entertaining moments, but nothing spectacular.

Yes, the DEMO level is in the game. It is called Highway Battle: Part 2.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2011, 15:45.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 14:53 Verno

Well played sir.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

17. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 14:49 Minuit

You may be right. Even after eleven years, people are still talking about Daikatana.

16. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 14:25 space captain

it seemed so obvious to me that DNF would be a complete failure and that gearbox was just capitalizing on the brand in order to make some fast cash  
Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 14:05 Cutter

I think you will all be surprised how fun full version is. My bet it gets mostly 8- 8.5 on most major gaming sites, Game has a lot in store for duke fans. believe me! do not judge it by demo, the game gets so over the top fun it will be talked about a year from now!

Oh I'm sure it'll be a huge hit with the 14 and under crowd, as well those who are mentally in that particular age group.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 13:53 WyldKat

13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 13:45 descender

I played the duke3d for 5 whole minutes longer than I played the DS3 demo...

So painful. So disappointed. So not surprised at all.

12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 12:54 Tumbler

This is the only thing I've heard from ppl who played the demo. I get the impression that gearbox was desperate to get ppl to pre-order the game and hoped the demo would make ppl pre-order....sounds like they should have taken their chances without a demo.

Everyone I've heard from has canceled the pre-order after playing the demo. On goozex they are pulling their EA token which puts them in line before the games release. I'm really tempted to pull mine and get in line for another game...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 12:47 eRe4s3r

10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 12:30 linfosoma

Thank you mister Gearbox man, but no thanks.

9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 12:22 Tumbler

I see it's coming to Onlive, would be awesome if a trial was available on release.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 12:10 Verno

I think you will all be surprised how fun full version is. My bet it gets mostly 8- 8.5 on most major gaming sites, Game has a lot in store for duke fans. believe me! do not judge it by demo, the game gets so over the top fun it will be talked about a year from now!

"Dont judge it by the demo", the point of the demo is to give an idea of gameplay and enjoyment. It may be that the full game is better but they don't really do themselves any favors by putting together such a shitty demo. How would you know anyway? The 360 version only leaked last night, did you beat it already? Even the chinese P2P Steam releases were just out this morning.

7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 11:50 Jonny5

6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 11:29 Verno

descender wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 11:26:
Nearly launch DLC on a game with a 10+ year dev period?

Fuck you very much Gearbox.

Yeah, state of the industry or not this is just absurd.

5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 11:26 descender

Nearly launch DLC on a game with a 10+ year dev period?

Fuck you very much Gearbox.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo