Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior 5 Update

A tweet by Bryan Ekman of Piranha Games clarifies we should not expect news about their plans for MechWarrior 5 at E3, saying: "To all our #MechWarrior5 fans, no public news at #E3Expo this year. You guys are troopers for sticking with us. It will be worth the wait!" He also adds a clarification that the report from a couple of years ago of a legal conflict with Harmony Gold is not a factor in all this: "Just a small update. Harmony Gold has nothing to do with any delays. There is no legal battle." Thanks Hump.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 9, 2011, 12:54 eRe4s3r

I don't think battle tech really works as a sim anyway, the mere concept of walking tanks is beyond silly, 1 shot at each leg and its down, heck even muddy ground could sink it.

Battletech could only work as a SIM pre-clan invasion, and even then the campaign would have to plausibly deny you access to all the "insta-pwn" weaponry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 9, 2011, 07:37 InBlack

Im glad they are working on it. Been waiting for ages on news about this.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 23:41 Overon

I hope you are right, Hump. However I don't see how a console game can possibly be more of a sim given the lack of controls.  

9. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 21:12 Hump

Overon, Eckman and Weisman are actually dedicated to bringing a Mechwarrior game that will finally meet both his (Weismans) and the fans expectations. How much they'll have to give and take is up int the air but I wouldn't write it off at all.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 20:47 Overon

How likely are we to get a Mechwarrior game simulation instead of a first person shooter that is coming to a console? Not bloody likely. How can you have a simulation with a console controller?  

7. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 20:37 Nameless Again

It will be worth the wait.

No it won't, seeing as you're developing for the consoles and that means dumbed down controls and gameplay mechanics.

6. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 19:13 Bumpy

I envision a console port designed around the Kinect. Pretty much everything but what PC fans want. Booooooo.  

5. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 19:08 Prez

News about upcoming news? *yawn*

I'd be elated about news about upcoming news for Half-Life 3. I'm glad to hear MW5 is progressing anyway.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 18:51 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 18:11:

Normally I'd be right with ya, but in this case, I'm glad to know they're still working on it. Mechwarrior is my favorite PC franchise, used to play table top battle tech when I was younger. If PG are able to pull the game off like that trailer they showed a year or two ago. I'll be a very happy camper.

The last truly great MW game was MW3 and it's expansion Pirate's Moon.

Honestly if they would just make MW2:Mercinaries over again I'd be content. Prolly my favorite game of all time.

3. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 18:11 eRe4s3r

2. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 18:05 Dalumberjack

AAhhhhh! Tell us more!  
I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

1. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 17:48 yuastnav

Didn't think I'd hear about MechWarrior 5 so soon again.
Very glad that they're still working on it!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo