Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
5. Re: Evening Previews Jun 8, 2011, 11:23 Teddy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 04:38:
They just made the destruction of vehicles a 2 stage process, its a much needed change when they really add full blown jet and air support. Now you can potentially get out of destroyed vehicles instead of blowing up because your driver overlooked a mine.

Playing BC2 i totally see what the idea is behind this change. Its a good one imo.

But whether regenerating health for tanks is a good idea.....

I don't disagree that in SOME cases it should take more to destroy a vehicle. An RPG should not cause an APC to instantly and completely explode, nor should a mine instantly kill everyone inside any sort of armored transport (though they do often kill some). My issue is the idea of a jet or a helicopter hitting a hummvee with a rocket and not destroying it.

That's a complete break of suspension of disbelief. There is NO WAY IN HELL you would survive a direct rocket strike from either of those in a hummvee, jeep or APC. Those weapons are designed specifically to have the power to COMPLETELY destroy their targets. They don't make those rockets to 'incapacitate'. There is no single situation that someone would walk out of one of those explosions alive. Period.

That is what concerns me when they say "most of the time the vehicle will be incapacitated". Had they said sometimes, I probably would have shrugged it off and said it's an interesting idea, and assumed that they had taken into account the power of the weapons involved in each case. But if even ONCE I see a jeep get hit directly by a rocket and only one person dies while 3 passengers hop out and run away, that's a facepalm worthy moment of stupidity on the part of the developers.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 7, 22:07 Re: Evening Previews Teddy
  2. Jun 7, 23:42  Re: Evening Previews Jerykk
  3. Jun 8, 04:38  Re: Evening Previews eRe4s3r
>> 5. Jun 8, 11:23   Re: Evening Previews Teddy
  4. Jun 8, 07:55  Re: Evening Previews CommunistHamster
  6. Jun 8, 13:28 Re: Evening Previews CommunistHamster

footer

Blue's News logo