Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warplanes Announced

Wargaming.net announces development of World of Warplanes, a free-to-play multiplayer game "based on military air dominance ranging from the 1930's through the 1950's." This is a standalone game from the developers of World of Tanks, and there's more in the announcement about World of Tanks than the new project, even the quote about World of Warplanes: "We are proud to be able to develop another high quality Free to Play game for the world's gaming community," said Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi. "World of Tanks has been extremely succesful [sic] and we look to bring the same high quality if not better to World of Warplanes."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 8, 2011, 07:34 Ant

I want World of Ants.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 8, 2011, 02:26 Capitan

Nick Wilson wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 00:06:
They should finish World of Tanks first... It's been open beta/release for like 1.5 years and they still expect you to be satisfied with grinding thousands of matches in 1 generic game mode.
I certainly agree with you. They should first fix all errors before proceeding to the next project. Then it would not hurt if they gave reasonable descriptions of all the things you can mount on your tank. As it is now there are several things that are similar and you do not know the difference between them...

6. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 8, 2011, 00:06 Nick Wilson

They should finish World of Tanks first... It's been open beta/release for like 1.5 years and they still expect you to be satisfied with grinding thousands of matches in 1 generic game mode.  

5. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 7, 2011, 23:20 Keith

I did try Perpetuum. Unfortunately when it went pay-to-play I didn't think there was enough content to keep me going. Figured I would check back on it in a few months and see how things shook out.  

4. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 7, 2011, 21:07 Xzennon

World of Tanks is pretty fun in small doses. I'd be looking forward to see how this turns out. If they did a World of Warships they'd fill out the trifecta of war-machine games.

I wonder if any cross-over/interaction between the two games is planned (or possible?).

Although a World of Mech would make my "to do" list as well
Have you checked out Perpetuum? (im not saying it's great, just if you want mechs and mmo that's an option currently available)

3. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 7, 2011, 15:04 Keith

On a positive note, it's nice to see more flight sims. Hopefully they will be accessible to the harcore and casual crowd (me being one of the casual sorts).

Although a World of Mech would make my "to do" list as well.

2. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 7, 2011, 14:40 Tumbler

Make world of Mechs/mechwarrior.

WTF are you waiting for. World of tanks is basically mechwarrior combat with tanks instead of mechs. GIVE ME FUCKING MECHS!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: World of Warplanes Announced Jun 7, 2011, 13:14 Mead

Hey all you developers, I heard this new game called World of Finding A Different Title Meme For Your Multiplayer Game is fun, you should all fucking try it.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo