Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Announced

Ubisoft officially announces Far Cry 3, saying the first-person shooter sequel first confirmed in November 2009 is coming to Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 next year. This game has many parents, as word is it is in development at Ubisoft Montréal with the support of Ubisoft Shanghai and Massive Entertainment. There are some images from the game on the Far Cry 3 Website, and here's a bit on what to expect:

With Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 18:16 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 11:57:
Bhruic wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 22:15:

The other things I really want to see fixed is the lack of activity in the world, and everyone wanting to kill you, even if you worked for their faction.

I can't remember, didn't they try to explain that away by saying that you were "secretly" working for the sides?

Either way, I agree, it's annoying. I'd rather see a Just Cause 2 system, where people ignore you unless you are doing something obviously "bad".

Yeah they did, and it was stupid. They didn't feel like making actual factions in the game, so they just had everyone shoot at YOU. Even if you played cat and mouse with a Jeep patrol to another checkpoint, the enemies still wouldn't fire at each other.

So despite all the backstory of the two factions being at war, the only one they were actually both at war with was YOU.

Oh, and the toolbag that came up with that design decision recently called LA Noire trash and kitschy. The fucking moron.

Creston

Creston, you're starting to sound like me with the anger. I call it passion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 18:04 Ant

Chazix wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 17:56:
Looks pretty.
But after Farcry 2 I dont really trust Ubisoft to do a good job anymore.
Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Wae need a playable single player demo/beta.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 17:56 Chazix

Looks pretty.
But after Farcry 2 I dont really trust Ubisoft to do a good job anymore.
Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

24. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 11:57 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 22:15:

The other things I really want to see fixed is the lack of activity in the world, and everyone wanting to kill you, even if you worked for their faction.

I can't remember, didn't they try to explain that away by saying that you were "secretly" working for the sides?

Either way, I agree, it's annoying. I'd rather see a Just Cause 2 system, where people ignore you unless you are doing something obviously "bad".

Yeah they did, and it was stupid. They didn't feel like making actual factions in the game, so they just had everyone shoot at YOU. Even if you played cat and mouse with a Jeep patrol to another checkpoint, the enemies still wouldn't fire at each other.

So despite all the backstory of the two factions being at war, the only one they were actually both at war with was YOU.

Oh, and the toolbag that came up with that design decision recently called LA Noire trash and kitschy. The fucking moron.

Creston

23. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 08:50 Ant

[yawns]

I still haven't touched my FC2! I was hoping mod community would fix it, but I guess not.

Now, I don't care for FC3. FC1 was awesome. I still need to finish Crysis 1.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 04:52 CommunistHamster

I would quite like a broad-line linear shooter like Far Cry 1, to be honest.

Hell, a remake of FC1 wouldn't be all that bad.

21. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 22:15 Bhruic

20. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 22:13 Creston

The respawns were the most annoying thing in Farcry 2 (and so easy to fix: don't let anything respawn until the player goes to sleep in a safehouse, at which point every area has a % chance to respawn.)

Other than that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed FC2 (as well as the original,) and I'm pretty excited for the next one.

Creston

19. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 22:09 Jerykk

Fix the ridiculous enemy respawns and repetitive missions and I'll be happy. Far Cry 2 had an interesting setting but was ruined by those two terrible design flaws.  

18. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 22:00 Vulkan

There are some images bullshots from the game on the Far Cry 3 Website.  

17. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 21:40 LittleMe

Looks very nice. I like some of the FC2 settings, especially the stone/mud houses and rocky valleys. It's the gameplay I'm most concerned about. We won't know the essential details until it's out, I guess. Server browser? Multiplayer? Dedicated servers? Modding? If it has all that, it could be great..  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

16. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:44 Bumpy

Why did I see Boiling Point when I watched the video?

Not much interesting in the video really, least in FC2 you could set and watch wild fires.

Would be nice if they do a full, proper PC port this time but I doubt they will.

15. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:42 Wolfen

Bludd wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 20:31:
If this is just like Far Cry 2 I am going to destroy the entire solar system, because that shit just ain't right.

Dood what the hell? We didn't do anything. Leave us out of it.

14. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:33 The Half Elf

The only cool things about Far Cry 2 was the fire (sadly never found a mod to have fire keep going and going), and removing bullets from your body parts.
The whole respawning checkpoints, everyone talking like they were on speed, enemy vehicles ramming you every 10 mins was just bleeping annoying.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:31 Bludd

If this is just like Far Cry 2 I am going to destroy the entire solar system, because that shit just ain't right.  

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:07 shponglefan

Too bad it's a Ubisoft game... no sale from me.  

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 20:00 Quboid

Far Cry 1 was excellent and Far Cry 2 was very good despite doing it's damn hardest to annoy. Speculating wildly (my favourite kind of speculating), I'd guess it is an expansion of FC2's deeply flawed open world set up, moved to FC1's setting.

Just as long as there are no mutants, it might be good.

- Quboid

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 19:48 Krovven

I dont care what the setting is, if they can't come up with some fun meaningful missions with significantly less annoying travel.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 19:40 Shataan

if it is like FarCry 1, for sure I`ll buy it. If however it is anything like Farcry 2? No sale.  

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 19:39 Bhruic

Why even use the name when it has nothing to do with Far Cry 1 or 2?

Well, it's not without precedent, as Far Cry 2 had very little, if anything, to do with Far Cry 1.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo