Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Screenshots

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 18:41 DukeFNukem

The weapons limit seems a little silly but the good news is that its also probably the easiest thing to fix or change if people really want it changed that bad. Its not like it would take GearBox over a day in employee resources/time to change it. Maybe they will. And even if they don't somebody else can release a patch to change it.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 11:52 SectorEffector

DNForever wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 10:31:
What Duke 3D had was great maps, in my opinion especially the plutonium pak levels. There's not much you can do with a game if your map design isn't any good. I still haven't played the DNF demo and can't base anything off of screenshots, but these levels don't look good. Hopefully I'll be surprised when I play the game.

No level design can fix DNF's awful game mechanics. It has to play better before he can drop into a cooler level and still stay fun once fighting starts.

I must have constructed almost 500 or so levels with that build engine over the years because the gameplay itself was tight / solid!

To Gbox trust me as a duke fan on this.

You fucked this one. Maybe not wholly financially, but credibility wise. We all know the two weapons at once was gearboxes change.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2011, 13:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

16. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 10:31 DNForever

What Duke 3D had was great maps, in my opinion especially the plutonium pak levels. There's not much you can do with a game if your map design isn't any good. I still haven't played the DNF demo and can't base anything off of screenshots, but these levels don't look good. Hopefully I'll be surprised when I play the game.  

15. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 09:15 Verno

I thought the game looked like total trash, as in it felt like there was something wrong with the filters they used or something.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

14. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 08:48 Ant

InBlack wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 08:26:
Hang on...the Demo is out BEFORE THE ACTUAL GAME???

What the fuck, have we traveled back in time to the 90's or what???
Yes. 90s rule, but 80s rule more.

I hope they release a public demo for me to play it!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 08:26 InBlack

Hang on...the Demo is out BEFORE THE ACTUAL GAME???

What the fuck, have we traveled back in time to the 90's or what???

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 08:19 Doombringer

While I didn't play the demo, I have seen coverage on it. I'm not very impressed. :/ I've been a Duke fan since the early platformers, and DN3D was probably the greatest thing to happen to my young-adulthood, but DNF just doesn't seem to 'get it.'

Limited to 2 weapons? No mighty boot? 'Objective' style levels and 'ammo drops'? Lots of T&A but not much else. The graphics I couldn't care less about... fun gameplay is more important. The devs should have went more 'Serious Sam' or 'Bulletstorm' and less 'Modern Warfare.'

11. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 06:04 eRe4s3r

Gotta agree, the demo must have easily been one of the worst FPS i played in a decade. I see now why they limited the demo the way they did, that demo will do more damage to their sales than any review ever could.  

10. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 05:01 SectorEffector

WyldKat wrote on Jun 5, 2011, 23:46:
It's not a run and gun shooter, which is what Duke Nukem has always been. Instead it's a Halo Warfare 4 console shooter with all the stale gameplay trappings that have diluted the appeal of the FPS genre. Graphics aren't the issue with the game, it's the gameplay. All they needed to do was bring back the gameplay that made Duke3D great and they failed miserably. It was never about the hookers, the language, or the shit and dick jokes. Those were all just garnishment on the fun gameplay.

At this point I'm just hoping Gearbox don't lose their shirts over this and have it negatively effect Borderlands 2. :\

most pertinent and well said.

the gore is a joke, no kick or hands to punch is a joke. Stale prey'esqe physics when Broussard teased with Megon physics quality.
the two weapons at a time feature is worse then I could imagine.

If Valve did that to any of their titles it would be detrimental to the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

9. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 23:46 WyldKat

It's not a run and gun shooter, which is what Duke Nukem has always been. Instead it's a Halo Warfare 4 console shooter with all the stale gameplay trappings that have diluted the appeal of the FPS genre. Graphics aren't the issue with the game, it's the gameplay. All they needed to do was bring back the gameplay that made Duke3D great and they failed miserably. It was never about the hookers, the language, or the shit and dick jokes. Those were all just garnishment on the fun gameplay.

At this point I'm just hoping Gearbox don't lose their shirts over this and have it negatively effect Borderlands 2. :\

8. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 23:14 Icewind

I love how all of the screenshots are from the begging area where the art team spent 99% of their time. The "outside" is ugly as sin.  

7. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 22:45 Dades

I think people are referring to the unfocused look beyond the immediate area of the camera. I'm not sure if thats intentional or not but it makes the game look like shit. I enjoyed the demo but the graphics were one of the things I found poor and distracting.  

6. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 22:33 DukeFNukem

I don't see any problem with the graphics. Even if they are a little outdated, they are good enough. Its the game content and the gameplay that should be judge more than the graphics. Because, as I said, they are "good enough". Not so bad as to detract from anything.

I agree with "The Half Elf". The tits n ass was nice in Duke Nukem 3d years ago because it wasn't the main focus. They "probably" made the Duke Nukem 3D and then went back and said, "What can we put in here to make this a little more fun and stimulating". You went into a bar to kill some aliens and seen the strippers, gave them some cash, and moved on. This new version seems to be relying HEAVILY on the sexual aspect to sell copies of their game. You have to use all the tools you have in the right amounts. Im also not a big fan of profanity just for profanitys sake either. use profanity and the tits'n'ass to spruce up otherwise dull areas, not as the main attraction.
What's the new Duke Nukem Forever slogan, "WERE ****NG GONNA BRING IT" or something stupid like that? Too over the top. Profanity for profanitys sake. Blahh..

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2011, 22:41.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

5. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 22:11 Elf Shot The Food

Lots of people have complained about the graphics in the demo but the visuals really aren't that bad, especially when you consider how long this game has been in development.  

4. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 22:06 The Half Elf

My issues is even with Duke 3D it has SOME tits and ass, All they are showing is Tits and Ass. It just seems they are trying too hard to push the sex and not what made Duke so great.

Then again I didn't even finish the demo, it was too bleh.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 21:14 Wallshadows

It's unfortunate because no matter how good DNF could be it would have never, ever lived up to the hype it has generated. Remember that 'hands on' writeup by Jason Hall? Simply put, it was dead before it even had a chance thanks to ol'Broussard and company.

Now, any new Duke title will likely carry the stigma to being the sequel to a turd that took 14 years to flush which really is a shame.

2. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 18:49 nin

The game just screams "mod team".

Hilarious that DNF ends with a whimper, even when they finally manage to ship it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 18:36 captawe

Wow are these from the game, or are they actual photographs? LOLz!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo