Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Demo

Several readers who are members of the "first access club" have let us know that the demo for Duke Nukem Forever is now available on Steam for those who have preordered Gearbox's first-person shooter sequel or who own the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition. Apparently the Xbox LIVE version of the demo is also now available.

View
110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:48 Bumpy

Seems the hardened Duke fanboys like the game, everyone else not.

From the screens and forums, this game looks to be horrible. If George and company did 90% of this, shame on them, Duke deserves so much better.

Still waiting for a confirmed working torrent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 Verno

Whether it sucks or not people can actually play Duke Nukem Forever. That's such a hilarious milestone.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 LittleMe

Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good thing and start releasing this game dammit. I was hoping that it would stay in development until at least 2050.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:37 Shineyguy

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 11:13:
I own Borderlands GotY, but see no Duke demo.

Right click on Borderlands in Steam, hit the view additional keys option. That will give you your first access club code. Go to http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access and plug the code and your email address in there. You should get a demo key on the next page. Take that and plug it into Steam.

Voila, you have the Duke 4ever Demo.

6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:29 Krovven

Posts last night in a thread from yesterday....

I pretty much echo what Bats said. Intro, cheesy but ok. Stadium boss fight was fun. Weapon trial area was horrible and I hope that's not an actual level in the game. 2 weapon limit with limited ammo is so against what Duke was about. Shotgun sucked ass unless the enemy was 5 feet in front of you.

Basically if the game is just some chopped together levels that look like shit and you have to switch out weapons every 10 feet...it's gonna be a sad sad release week.

Really disappointed there is no multiplayer demo. Definitely not pre-ordering. Going to wait and see what the consensus is after release.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 03:08:
Well, after playing the VERY SHORT SHORT demo:

Not very much effort appears to be put into this game. They are just going to cash in on the name. Graphics are garbage. Honestly feels like an updated Serious Sam game. The draw distance is horrible. No ragdoll effects. Weapons are meh. It appears more to be a weapons demo. Everything more than 40 feet away from Duke is blurry.

I dunno. Based off of that DEMO, it is a rental on the console for me. I think they messed up by not having a MP demo.

5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:23 nin

Kicked it off on steam this morning before work. Although based on comments so far, it doesn't sound very good...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:22 gilly775

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 11:18:
If you own Borderlands, it shows up under the DLC. I'm guessing it gets installed automatically. Will have to try it tonight since I'd rather not re-download 10 gigs of data at work.

No, you need to get the CD Key on the right side of the page for the First Access Club, go to the FAC page on the DN website, enter it, and then you'll get your key. You then need to activate it on Steam and you'll see the game in your library.

3. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:18 Frijoles

If you own Borderlands, it shows up under the DLC. I'm guessing it gets installed automatically. Will have to try it tonight since I'd rather not re-download 10 gigs of data at work.  

2. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:16 Tumbler

Nice! This and Infamous 2 should keep me busy today!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:13 Frijoles

I own Borderlands GotY, but see no Duke demo.  

110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo