Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 3, 2011, 07:36 avianflu

Shame to put such a nice-looking PC game on console -- Let's get ready for blurry bitmaps and texture pop-in.

I am playing Bioshock 2 on 360 right now and some of the textures on large environment objects are just a big blur of 2 or 3 similar colors. You have to try not looking at these things or it will take you right out of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 3, 2011, 04:53 Jerykk

While Witcher 2 was undoubtedly designed with consoles in mind, that doesn't make it a bad game. I still found it very enjoyable and a worthy successor to the first game.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 3, 2011, 02:18 eRe4s3r

You forgot the dead-locked 16:9 aspect ratio  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 3, 2011, 00:25 Bumpy

Jerykk wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 23:21:
No surprise about Witcher 2 coming out on X360. The Quick Time Events, radial menus, circular button prompts, scrolling text list inventory, paraphrased dialogue options without any numerical bindings and soft lock targeting system were all clearly designed with console ports in mind. Still, I suspect they're going to have to reduce the texture resolution and full-screen effects quite a bit to get the game to fit within the X360's 512MB of memory.

Yup. Not sure I plan on buying or playing TW2 due to its console based designs. That shit don't fly with homey.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 2, 2011, 23:21 Jerykk

No surprise about Witcher 2 coming out on X360. The Quick Time Events, radial menus, circular button prompts, scrolling text list inventory, paraphrased dialogue options without any numerical bindings and soft lock targeting system were all clearly designed with console ports in mind. Still, I suspect they're going to have to reduce the texture resolution and full-screen effects quite a bit to get the game to fit within the X360's 512MB of memory.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo