Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend

Steam News announces that preloads are now underway for a free Call of Duty: Black Ops weekend that gets underway tomorrow. Here's word:

Activision will be hosting a Free Weekend for Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops! Pre-load the game now and be ready to play when the free weekend starts on Thursday, June 2nd at 10am Pacific Time.

Click here to start pre-loading, or visit www.steamgames.com/about to install Steam.

The Free Weekend of Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops will let you play the entire multiplayer portion of the base game.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 3, 2011, 16:14 reisub

I was surprised too. It felt awfully retro. I didn't hate it though. Reminded me of some UT mods I used to play (Tactical Ops and Strike Force) but slower.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 3, 2011, 12:46 everyone

Really? Is this what all the fuss is about?
CS + "Press 6 and AWESOME happens!" = COD.
It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but ... eh.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 19:35 Ant

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 19:33:
Ant wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 11:33:
How's this game's multiplayer compared to previous CoD, BF, and other military FPS games on PC/Windows?

Does this free weekend end on Sunday at 1:00 PM PDT again (why can't they do Monday's midnight PDT?)?
It's Treyarch's MW2. If you've played MW1 and World at War, the difference is about that much. The base game mechanics are the same; the campaign, maps, weapons, and rewards are themed differently.
Ah thnaks. Does this free weekend include all game modes beside boring deathmatch?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 19:33 Suddenly_Dead

Ant wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 11:33:
How's this game's multiplayer compared to previous CoD, BF, and other military FPS games on PC/Windows?

Does this free weekend end on Sunday at 1:00 PM PDT again (why can't they do Monday's midnight PDT?)?
It's Treyarch's MW2. If you've played MW1 and World at War, the difference is about that much. The base game mechanics are the same; the campaign, maps, weapons, and rewards are themed differently.

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 13:18 Vazz

Wasn't expecting this but I'm glad it's happening. This is a good opportunity to play with my friends that don't have it.

Dev wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 07:18:
At $60 this long after release, I'm not even going to bother to try the game yet.
It's like $34 on amazon. People should search prices more.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 11:33 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 09:47 Badboyquake

im looking forward to this. dont hit me.

its funny that in esport and on lan tournaments cod4 is still played. cod4 online was/is very nice.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 09:41 TangledThorns

Agreed. It's somewhat cheaper at a B&M store but still too expensive IMHO.  

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 09:11 wrlwnd

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 22:50:
Before you COD haters take a break from being on your knees. I'd like to day that Black Ops Rules!

What are you, 12?

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 08:25 thecakeisalie

Even if this steaming pile is free, I'm not going to waste any of my life playing it. I got burned with MW2 and I'm done with this series.

Modern Warfare was the last Call of Duty worth playing.

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 07:18 Dev

At $60 this long after release, I'm not even going to bother to try the game yet.  

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 02:41 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 00:13:
Too bad it doesn't include single player, that's all I'm interested in, and from what I hear, a weekend would be more than enough to play through it several times.

You are correct, and to be honest it's tries so hard to be "epic" that it comes off as an incoherent mess of a game.

Despite assurances that the multiplayer servers would be secure because they wouldn't be releasing "public" server files it was just as jacked up as MW2 in terms of hackers maxing out peoples stats and unlocking everything just by connecting to a server or doing the opposite and stripping everything back to zero. The maps are small, the weapon selection boring. The killstreak little RC car bomb is probably the coolest part of multiplayer.

I don't see how releasing mod tools for the game is going to do any good, unless they release the server code too.

Uninstalled as soon as the $$ map pack $$ was released.

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 02:13 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 23:54:
You better watch yourself. He might sneak up and own your ass.

I'm pretty sure the only owning going on is Bobby Kotick putting his dick in Reagle's ass and mouth every night.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 2, 2011, 00:13 jimnms

Too bad it doesn't include single player, that's all I'm interested in, and from what I hear, a weekend would be more than enough to play through it several times.  

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 1, 2011, 23:54 Jerykk

You better watch yourself. He might sneak up and own your ass.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 1, 2011, 23:16 xXBatmanXx

Before you COD haters take a break from being on your knees. I'd like to day that Black Ops Rules!

Shut up already you camping newb. No one cares about your leetzor lame ass CoD skillz. Good for you. I am sure your parents are proud.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 1, 2011, 23:01 Draugr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwS7GZj6e1Y&feature=related

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 1, 2011, 22:50 [VG]Reagle

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo