Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer

Here is the official E3 trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the upcoming installment in the sci-fi action/RPG series. The trailer features cinematics from the story, as well as gameplay footage, including some combat. The embedded version follows.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 2, 2011, 19:46 Riker

Verno wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 09:54:
There was a scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen akin to the text announcement thing in ME2, I didn't see any place for ads other than some blank textures and honestly the universe is a bit sparse so as long as the ad is appropriate and not "BUY A KIA!" then I'm fine with it. The PC version is cheaper than the console version already so /shrug

I noticed billboards when I stepped out of Sarif after the first mission... they're blue with a fictional ad. I'm certain those will be ads when the game is live. I couldn't really care less about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 2, 2011, 09:54 Verno

reisub wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 09:40:
Since nobody's mentioned it I assume this preview build doesn't have ads built in. There's no way I'd pay full price with ads, even if they were easily blockable and it was the second coming.

Still, glad to hear it's good.

There was a scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen akin to the text announcement thing in ME2, I didn't see any place for ads other than some blank textures and honestly the universe is a bit sparse so as long as the ad is appropriate and not "BUY A KIA!" then I'm fine with it. The PC version is cheaper than the console version already so /shrug

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 2, 2011, 09:40 reisub

Since nobody's mentioned it I assume this preview build doesn't have ads built in. There's no way I'd pay full price with ads, even if they were easily blockable and it was the second coming.

Still, glad to hear it's good.

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 2, 2011, 09:13 Verno

A friend of mine grabbed it last night, his computer is a bit shit but it still ran great other than the obvious technical issues related to being a leaked pre-beta build. I can confirm what others have posted already, this is the real deal. I can't wait for this game to come out, it's awesome.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 21:33 Riker

I'm the kind of person who likes to explore every corner and save/reload on a regular basis to try things out. I've spent about 4 hours on the game and am barely past the first mission.

Two more comments I wanted to make. First, for those who have read previews, you'll know there's a consequence to the first mission if you take your sweet time exploring. I don't like this. It may be interesting to see that the game world is alive and time is passing with or without you, but exploration shouldn't be penalized. I knew about this consequence, and chose to go back and reload after exploring everywhere.

Also, I don't feel that the game suffers from consolitis. The first mission is really quite large, and it's all one continuous level. I had no problems with the interface, and it didn't feel dumbed-down. Even the highlighting and compass for your mission objective don't take away from anything. Highlighting isn't intrusive, and only helps when you're up close to show exactly what's interactive and not, which is useful particularly when there's so much debris/stuff everywhere (which helps the game world feel realistic and lived-in). Both options can be disabled, but I have no plans to do so based on my experience so far.

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 21:32 CrimsonPaw

Riker wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 20:34:
My impressions are much the same as Dades'. Deus Ex is my all-time favorite game, and the leaked press demo has met and exceeded my expectations, which were actually quite high.

I've had good vibes about the game throughout its development, and I'm happy to say that the silly nit-picky criticisms from some really don't enter into the equation. It's Deus Ex at its core, with better AI and better-feeling combat, with the various Deus Ex trademarks intact and improved-upon. If I had to point out one nit-pick, it's that yes, the color palette isn't terribly exciting.

I pre-ordered last month, but if I hadn't yet done so, this demo would have certainly done the trick.
I have to say that this is the complete opposite of what I expected to hear - good to hear non-the-less though.

~~Crim~~

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 21:06 Asmo

I would have thought the colour palette choices were deliberately picked to heighten the experience. Orange makes people uncomfortable, ergo the whole world gives you an underlying sense of not being comfortable within it perhaps?

But yeah, my faith has been bolstered by some of the comments re: the leaked press build, bring it on! =D

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 20:55 SectorEffector

Riker wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 20:34:
My impressions are much the same as Dades'. Deus Ex is my all-time favorite game, and the leaked press demo has met and exceeded my expectations, which were actually quite high.

I've had good vibes about the game throughout its development, and I'm happy to say that the silly nit-picky criticisms from some really don't enter into the equation. It's Deus Ex at its core, with better AI and better-feeling combat, with the various Deus Ex trademarks intact and improved-upon. If I had to point out one nit-pick, it's that yes, the color palette isn't terribly exciting.

I pre-ordered last month, but if I hadn't yet done so, this demo would have certainly done the trick.

Wow. wow. wow! Could it really be!! Stop titillating me you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 20:34 Riker

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 18:06 SectorEffector

Dades wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 17:55:
I couldn't resist the leaked press build, I'm a sucker for anything Deus Ex and this is what they're demoing at E3 anyway so I will sleep fine tonight.

It is really good, for all that we mock the french these guys sure can make a fucking Deus Ex game. Bigger levels than I thought, good deal of NPC interaction, both stealth and combat approaches to what little I did see. The story seems mature and its well told, the voice actors are very good, the music itself is amazing and nails the Deus Ex universe. I am very excited, I haven't seen this kind of gameplay since the original. It's almost like the best elements of Mass Effect and Deus Ex collided. I stopped playing because I don't want to spoil everything for myself so I don't know if the way you play out missions factors into the story like the original.

It is a bit rough around the edges technically. DX11 mode is broken, DX9 has some stuttering and the game has mouse smoothing on. That's all to be expected from an alpha state press build though. The game was pushed back for polish so I expect most of this stuff will be ironed out. Someone finally made the Deus Ex game I've been waiting over a decade for. I think this will be one of three games I've ever preordered in my life.

This is heaven to my ears!!!

Will they have an updated build at E3?

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 17:55 Dades

I couldn't resist the leaked press build, I'm a sucker for anything Deus Ex and this is what they're demoing at E3 anyway so I will sleep fine tonight.

It is really good, for all that we mock the french these guys sure can make a fucking Deus Ex game. Bigger levels than I thought, good deal of NPC interaction, both stealth and combat approaches to what little I did see. The story seems mature and its well told, the voice actors are very good, the music itself is amazing and nails the Deus Ex universe. I am very excited, I haven't seen this kind of gameplay since the original. It's almost like the best elements of Mass Effect and Deus Ex collided. I stopped playing because I don't want to spoil everything for myself so I don't know if the way you play out missions factors into the story like the original.

It is a bit rough around the edges technically. DX11 mode is broken, DX9 has some stuttering and the game has mouse smoothing on. That's all to be expected from an alpha state press build though. The game was pushed back for polish so I expect most of this stuff will be ironed out. Someone finally made the Deus Ex game I've been waiting over a decade for. I think this will be one of three games I've ever preordered in my life.

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 17:34 SectorEffector

Jerykk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 17:31:
Console version looks like complete a$$ which is dropping my expectation this will be half decent..

You do remember that the original DX wasn't much of a looker either, right?

word.

Gameplay > Graphics.
Always.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 17:31 Jerykk

Console version looks like complete a$$ which is dropping my expectation this will be half decent..

You do remember that the original DX wasn't much of a looker either, right?

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 16:36 Wildone

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 16:21 SectorEffector

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 16:11:
Pretty sure that's the console version, effecting the graphic quality. Still waiting on some player reviews before I get this game. Square religiously uses high quality cutscenes to oversell gameplay quality.

Here's hoping they don't here. It's clear they spend a massive amount (guessing 20+ million) on video/cutscene. So if the quality of gameplay or stability suffers in anyway, at least we'll know the reason.

after watching some of the gameplay feature blogs with the "super hip art director" telling the players that lean really isn't that important. He lost me there.

Still looking forward to this. I really can't imagine how a game lead could play the first game and then mess this one up. If they ruin Deus Ex 3 and it's got awful reviews, I'll donkypunch Square for ruining the FF series and taking a fantastic original IP like Deus Ex 1, and using it to sell this product.

^--- this is all if the game is clearly shit.

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 16:11 Acleacius

Pretty sure that's the console version, effecting the graphic quality. Still waiting on some player reviews before I get this game. Square religiously uses high quality cutscenes to oversell gameplay quality.

Here's hoping they don't here. It's clear they spend a massive amount (guessing 20+ million) on video/cutscene. So if the quality of gameplay or stability suffers in anyway, at least we'll know the reason.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 15:54 nutshell42

Games need more trailers like this. The number of game trailers that can compete with movie trailers is still much too small. I can even forgive the problem that their textures look meh. =)  

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 15:54 Draugr

As I understand it, since it is a prequel they wanted to have something of a sepia tinted feel to color themes, like an old picture or manuscript.  

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 15:25 Beamer

Yeah, who has an entirely orange lit office? People tend to hate orange lighting, which is part of the reason sodium lamps are used in areas that they don't want anyone congregating after dark.*

The game actually looks less generic to me than previous trailers and may be pretty fun.

*this may or may not be just a theory no one has ever proved.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 15:03 SectorEffector

In the Future, everything is Orange and colors have lost their pigment  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >