Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups

The Call of Duty: Elite Website is offering the opportunity to signup and express your interest in beta testing the just-announced premium first-person shooter service. They want your date of birth and your console preference (yes, PC is listed under that heading), and, of course an email address, to get on the closed beta invitation list.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jul 19, 2011, 13:15 [VG]Reagle

Seems like its a PC less beta. bla  

I am much better now.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 2, 2011, 07:42 TheVocalMinority

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 21:11:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 10:07:
OK I raged about the spyware (oh sorry - "wrappers"), the DRM, the servers, but now I'm beyond rage. I've come to...humor...

How much more cock are these dipshits going to take? I'm just finding this to be fucking hilarious.

It will be even more hilarious when this sort of thing proves so popular that it appears in the next BF game...

Apparently quite a bit more cock. I for one and LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. Community features are a good thing dipshit.

Ahhh trolled by Reagle. I feel special now.

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

24. removed Jun 1, 2011, 21:11 [VG]Reagle

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 2, 2011, 09:35.

I am much better now.

23. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 14:07 Mac

I thought that most developers learnt from Hellgate - a sub model for a FPS is just a bat shit idea !!!

Hopefully this brings the whole COD farce to an end.

22. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 11:46 Creston

Prez wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 09:59:
As far this "Elite" nonsense, I am hoping it fails just on principle.

It won't. There will be plenty of monkeys who sign up for this.

Creston

21. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 10:07 TheVocalMinority

OK I raged about the spyware (oh sorry - "wrappers"), the DRM, the servers, but now I'm beyond rage. I've come to...humor...

How much more cock are these dipshits going to take? I'm just finding this to be fucking hilarious.

It will be even more hilarious when this sort of thing proves so popular that it appears in the next BF game...

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

20. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 09:59 Prez

Technically, a PC ca be considered a "console". We have them where I work, labeled operator "consoles".

As far this "Elite" nonsense, I am hoping it fails just on principle.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 09:47 CJ_Parker

Where can I sign up for them to suck my dick?

18. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 08:39 xXBatmanXx

So it is a pay for friends list? huh....

Connect

Find the players YOU want to play Call of Duty with. Connect with online friends, co-workers, classmates or meet new Call of Duty players.
Compete

Test your skills in tournaments and events designed for players of all skill levels. Compete for awesome virtual and real-world prizes!
Improve

Get the tools to elevate your Call of Duty game. Access your personal stats, view exclusive strategy videos and get detailed intel on maps, weapons, and more.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 06:48 Dades

elefunk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 01:01:
You guys realize that part of Elite is free, right? They're not going to charge you for using a beta, and Elite itself doesn't cost money. It's some extra features that are a part of Elite that cost money, like training videos.

You realize that what you are saying sounds ridiculous, right? Sure activision is going to stop at training videos, we pinky swear.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 05:34 Esoteric

Don't do it. Don't give them any interest, or any money, ever. DON'T DO IT.  

15. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 05:10 SectorEffector

Jackplug wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 02:53:
You think that Activision will do all this for free and then give away free map packs, then i guess COD lot are dumber than i thought.

ps. COD gamers must be dumb cos they will buy MW3 game that will use the same engine as the last and get the same multi-player and rave about it like it was something new.

It's a demographic that sells sadly.

I always feel like those games have their host_timescale setting set to 1.5 at all times. At least since MW. Game is always playing way too fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

14. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 02:53 Jackplug

You think that Activision will do all this for free and then give away free map packs, then i guess COD lot are dumber than i thought.

ps. COD gamers must be dumb cos they will buy MW3 game that will use the same engine as the last and get the same multi-player and rave about it like it was something new.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2011, 02:59.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 02:15 elefunk

Teddy wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 01:18:
You guys realize that part of Elite is free, right? They're not going to charge you for using a beta, and Elite itself doesn't cost money. It's some extra features that are a part of Elite that cost money, like training videos.

Nope, I don't realize that and so far as I've seen there isn't any indication of what will or won't be part of the paid services, nor any indication that I've seen that any part of elite is going to be free. In fact the statement made by kotick about it seems to make it clear that NONE of elite is going to be free (barring the beta test).

Perhaps you should read actual official articles about it then instead of endlessly raging at speculation then?

link

The company hasn't yet decided how to set the price of the service, but said a number of the features -- groups and careers, for example -- will now be incorporated into the out-of-the-box retail experience going forward, free for all players. The rest of Elite will be positioned as a fuller-featured "premium experience," and Elite subscribers receive all forthcoming downloadable content and add-ons to Call of Duty games included with their subscription. Non-subscribers can still purchase them a la carte.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 01:18 Teddy

Nope, I don't realize that and so far as I've seen there isn't any indication of what will or won't be part of the paid services, nor any indication that I've seen that any part of elite is going to be free. In fact the statement made by kotick about it seems to make it clear that NONE of elite is going to be free (barring the beta test).

11. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 01:01 elefunk

10. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 00:31 Doombringer

And for Bobby's next trick... World of Warcraft: Elite Access.  

9. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 00:11 Wildone

Now you get to pay monthly for the honor of using their software, how nice!

F*** OFF

8. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups May 31, 2011, 23:51 Teddy

What do you suppose happens to the map packs if you cancel your subscription I wonder. Do you lose access to them?  

7. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups May 31, 2011, 23:46 jacobvandy

Guys, come on! They're going to give paid subscribers the opportunity* to compete for prizes* AND give you bi-yearly recycled map packs for free*!

*Terms subject to change on a whim as agreed to by that licensing agreement you didn't read before you threw your money away month after month.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo