Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"

This trailer on German site PC Games Hardware shows NVIDIA at Computex demonstrating the promised DirectX 11 patch for Crysis 2, which is said to be coming to Crytek's first-person shooter sequel "very very soon." Of course there's no better way to show off high-fidelity graphics than by using a handheld camera shooting a monitor from the back of the room, so that is how this clip was shot. The narration is in English, though, so we get to hear a description of the DirectX 11 effects.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 14:52 Creston

Ludomancer wrote on May 31, 2011, 18:00:
I was surprised at how good this game was. I think Crytek made a good decision to way on DX11 implementation. They understand that it's just a marketing trick that Microsoft used to push people to their new OSes. I'm glad someone was smart enough, and had big enough balls, to stand up to them over it. A lot of other devs have caved.

Out of the many, many, many reasons to upgrade to Windows 7, DX11 is approximately 4598 on the list.

/Waiting on a sale for Crysis 2.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 09:15 necrosis

Stolk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 01:43:
Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:40:
I actually thought Crysis 1 was better.

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.
Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.
I liked Warhead much more as well.

I beat Crysis once but whenever I replay it now I quit when I get to the alien bullshit. Especially when yo get in the ship.

26. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 04:11 Numinar

I have no love for Crysis 2, but DX11 is brilliant. Shogun 2 is so much better now with DX11 on my middling system, I do not know how much it will help something that can already do the high res AA and whatnot, but it made all the difference for me.  

25. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 03:57 InBlack

Buying Crysis was one of my worst gaming mistakes, so obviously I skipped the second. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

I have a nifty blue line!

24. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 01:43 Stolk

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.

Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.

23. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 23:30 Fion

Paketep wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:01:
Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 16:15:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 31, 2011, 16:03:
I loved Crysis 2. I think it was a fantastic game and I'd love to replay it in DX11 ^^

Ditto. Was 10x better than the first.

10x better than "pretty but boring" is "prettier but still boring".

Accept it isn't prettier. So what does that say about the game?

22. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 20:19 MajorD

Dades wrote on May 31, 2011, 19:55:

Do people like to bitch just for the sake of bitching in an attempt to be different, when deep down inside they know they really liked it?

It doesn't mean I want it burned in the fires of hell.

Grin...

Can people still form an opinion contrary to someone else without it making them or you a fanboy?

Touché....

21. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 19:55 Dades

Do people like to bitch just for the sake of bitching in an attempt to be different, when deep down inside they know they really liked it?

Maybe people genuinely didn't like the game? I can't say it was a badly made game, it certainly had stellar production values but I just didn't enjoy it. The open style of fps gameplay didn't contrast well with the cluttered levels and type of game it was. They didn't change it up enough with the suit, I was expecting more there. It doesn't mean I want it burned in the fires of hell. Can people still form an opinion contrary to someone else without it making them or you a fanboy?

20. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon" May 31, 2011, 19:48 MajorD

To each their own, of course, but I thought Crysis 2 was fun with beautifully designed levels - especially the post alien destruction level designs, which were 'very' well done! The replay-ability is good too, as there are different approaches to levels/situations that can/will change the game play and outcome each time.

All in all it was a great game, but I will say that it was too consolized and spoon fed the player 'a little' too much with the 'Tactical Options Available', etc. Since it is a console port, everything was released at the same time with DX9, with the forthcoming DX11 for PC. So, I do look forward to playing through it again once the DX11 is released.

19. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 19:41 Krovven

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 31, 2011, 18:57:
Who cares if it support DX 11? This stinking steaming pile isnt worth the effort to install.

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 31, 2011, 19:18:
Since all of you fucktards say you hate COD. Let me point out that COD does multiplayer correctly and does a damn good job of it.

Let me add that most you you COD haters, hate COD becuase people like me OWN YOUR ASSES when you log onto the server.

You clearly have impeccable taste...I mean the CoD games have stellar single-player experiences...right? Am I right? /sarcasm

18. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 19:30 Suckage

Much like COD? Harr harr...  

17. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:57 [VG]Reagle

Who cares if it support DX 11? This stinking steaming pile isnt worth the effort to install.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

16. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:51 SectorEffector

Warhead was great fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

15. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon" May 31, 2011, 18:14 WyldKat

I'd just like to see them open up the CryEngine3 like Epic did with the UDK.  

14. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:13 Tumbler

I was surprised at how good this game was. I think Crytek made a good decision to way on DX11 implementation. They understand that it's just a marketing trick that Microsoft used to push people to their new OSes. I'm glad someone was smart enough, and had big enough balls, to stand up to them over it. A lot of other devs have caved.

I'm not sure I understand this...I feel like Crytek has long been the cheerleader for MS's new DX versions. I recall them making crysis disable features under DX9 so that DX10 versions would look better. Then people would manually enable these things so the DX9 version looked as best as it could. (and it was really close to DX10)

They did this again on crysis 2 right? The DX9 version has a bunch of stuff turned off deliberately that makes no sense if you just want the gamer to have the best experience possible. Shouldn't you just work at making the game as good as possible on any hardware?

If consumers still called an 800 number for service and running certain effects on dx9 caused more errors I could understand but troubleshooting is basically handeled by the community now via message boards. (and some knowledge base content)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:00 Ludomancer

12. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 17:40 Krovven

11. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 17:38 Krovven

Paketep wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:01:

Crysis 2 wasnt boring in the least. One of the best (if not the best FPS) to be released in the last 5 years.

10. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 17:01 Paketep

Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 16:15:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 31, 2011, 16:03:
I loved Crysis 2. I think it was a fantastic game and I'd love to replay it in DX11 ^^

Ditto. Was 10x better than the first.

9. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 16:49 Kajetan

descender wrote on May 31, 2011, 15:47:
Poorly implemented stealth + poorly implemented combat. Woooo.
Lemme guess, it's a game from Crytek? Right?

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo